Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

JESUS, you returned????
    Didn't know I had to ask permission, oh great board monitor.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsull View Post

Didn't know I had to ask permission, oh great board monitor.
      No, I meant you must be "Jesus" to pass judgement on everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I have to agree. If you guys hate Texans you should not be in the Lonestar Conference!

Personally I don't hate any state.
        Who said anything about hate? Project much?

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

No, I meant you must be "Jesus" to pass judgement on everyone.
          Relax, Pops.

Comment

• Originally posted by tsull View Post

Relax, Pops.
            If I relax any more, you'd have to take my pulse to see if I'm alive. 😂😂😂

Comment

• Who would y’all say will be Sul Ross States biggest LSC rival?
              In the last decade they’ve played UTPB, Kingsville and the NM schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
                Who would y’all say will be Sul Ross States biggest LSC rival?
                Good question. By proximity.....UTPB or Angelo?

Comment

• Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
                  Who would y’all say will be Sul Ross States biggest LSC rival?
                  UTPB would make the most sense. They haven't been around long enough to have a huge rivalry of their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

I am sure one of the known proud liberals:

LSC Fan
                    LionFan
                    HOGSVRR

Might have complained about their safe space being invaded.

;)
                    I'm trying to figure out if I'm more shocked by being called liberal or that Sul Ross is going to be in the LSC

Comment

• Originally posted by anchorup19 View Post

UMHB and HSU would both finish top 3 in the LSC every single year. UMHB hasn’t lost a regular season game to a team not named HSU since 2009. HSU is 44-7 in conference play with 2 losses to conference teams not named UMHB since 2015. If you’re judging a team based on how they do against the purple and gold teams in the ASC, you’re looking at the wrong things. The only other blowout loss was in their first game with a new HC to a team whose only loss came to UMHB.

Here are several reasons Sul Ross will have the ability to compete in the LSC:
                      1. They’re the least expensive 4 year school in Texas. Add in partial scholarships and very few schools will be able to compete financially.
                      2. They have a wide range of graduate programs. They’ll be able to attract grad transfers much easier than some lender places.
                      3. The academic requirements to get in are very manageable. As long as a kid is in the top 50% of his high school class, he gets automatic acceptance. Grad programs only require a 2.5 undergrad GPA. This will let them recruit some kids that the competition won’t be able to touch.
                      4. This coaching staff has always shown their ability to recruit at a much higher level than previous regimes. There were 6 D1 dropdowns on the roster in 2022. Purely in terms of numbers, the Lobos are recruiting much better than they had in the past. 127 players on the roster in 2022, 46 more than there were on the roster in 2019.

I can’t say with any certainty that Sul Ross is gonna be winning the LSC in the near future, but there’s a lot more working in their favor than you would think just by looking at how they fared playing as a D3 school playing against schools that play by a different set of rules.
                      Suffering WT fan. Why id WT staying in D2.. WT has 10k students here we are playing schools with less then 2000 students in football stadiums smaller then many high school stadiums. Time we go the route of ACU, Commerce, and others that have made the move. WAC would be a good fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffan78 View Post

WT has 10k students here we are playing schools with less then 2000 students in football stadiums smaller then many high school stadiums.
                        And you finished 8th in the conference... Texans are weird man. The 2 time defending national champions at the D2 level play in a stadium with a capacity of 6,200. The team that won the natty the year before that played at a minor league baseball stadium. Spend less time worrying about the size of the competition and more time trying to figure out how to beat winless Canadian teams.

Comment

• Nothing against UMHB or HS but I have hard time believing they would finish in the top three of the Lone Star. That’s a really bold statement

Comment

• Originally posted by GreyHoundGA View Post
                            Nothing against UMHB or HS but I have hard time believing they would finish in the top three of the Lone Star. That’s a really bold statement
                            Go look up UMHB Crusader stadium. With that they have a big jumpstart over any other school that might be a move up candidate. They also have an Alumni base with some deep pockets. In fact if they moved up to D2 I wouldn’t doubt within a decade they’d be looking at D1 and FCS. They are in a better position facility wise than UIW and ACU when they decided to make their moves.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionFan View Post

I'm trying to figure out if I'm more shocked by being called liberal or that Sul Ross is going to be in the LSC
                              Buffalo Islander is projecting. Lol

Comment

• I’m aware of their program. I have watched them play. As well as Hardin Simmons. No one specifically said if they were to move up to D2 they would complete in the LSC. Now putting in those terms, I’ll say maybe. But I’m not sold on it. But you can always what if anything to death.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X