Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
    North Greenville and Notre Dame would be great matchups for WT but doubt they will take on a game this close before the start of the season and right before the playoffs.

BuffaloChip Great White Buffalo get your boy McBroom on the horn and make this happen. ;)
    https://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2l...kkac/giphy.gif

Comment

• Yeah yeah I know but stranger things have happened. If anything give the seniors one extra final game.

I know this is a 0.001% chance of happening but If WT goes 10-0 and earns a #1 seed bye, then they wouldnt play their 1st playoff game until 3 weeks later if this bye week still stands.

Comment

...get your boy McBroom on the horn and make this happen. ;)
        Yeah, right.

Comment

Yeah yeah I know but stranger things have happened. If anything give the seniors one extra final game.

I know this is a 0.001% chance of happening but If WT goes 10-0 and earns a #1 seed bye, then they wouldnt play their 1st playoff game until 3 weeks later if this bye week still stands.
          ND has been a playoff team the last 5 seasons and has had some really solid teams. They had Jaleel McLaughlin, who is now in camp with the Broncos, for a couple years. Would be a good game for WT.

Comment

Yeah yeah I know but stranger things have happened. If anything give the seniors one extra final game.

That's a pretty good advantage. Late season and playoffs can be such a war of attrition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

That's a pretty good advantage. Late season and playoffs can be such a war of attrition.
              It can but you can also see some of the top seeds over the years that lost that first round playoff game due to rust issues.

You are right It is always helpful to get rest and players healthy.

You get a 4 seed that's peaking and has two playoff games under their belt while the top seed is waiting around for almost a month with no game time reps that could become an issue too.

These are almost impossible scenarios and fun to talk about like the Texas Rangers and Dallas Cowboys winning a championship during my lifetime. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

ND has been a playoff team the last 5 seasons and has had some really solid teams. They had Jaleel McLaughlin, who is now in camp with the Broncos, for a couple years. Would be a good game for WT.
                I would definitely love to see that game happen.

Comment

It can but you can also see some of the top seeds over the years that lost that first round playoff game due to rust issues.

You are right It is always helpful to get rest and players healthy.

You get a 4 seed that's peaking and has two playoff games under their belt while the top seed is waiting around for almost a month with no game time reps that could become an issue too.

These are almost impossible scenarios and fun to talk about like the Texas Rangers and Dallas Cowboys winning a championship during my lifetime. ;)
                  Yeah. I've seen it go both ways, but injuries are such a huge part of the playoffs.

Looking at last year where NW had 2 injured QBs, Pitt was so far down the depth chart at oline that they burned a redshirt and almost as bad off at WR. I'm sure Ferris, GV, and others were in the same boat.

Playing 15 or 16 weeks in a row to get a NC is brutal. That's why I really like the week 0 idea that they're trying to pass.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X