Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Schedules

Western Oregon hasn't announced their schedule yet, but they're heading to FCS Champions South Dakota State for a week 1 game. SDSU lost just one game last season, a 7-3 loss to Iowa that was probably best known for Iowa managing to score 7 points without a touchdown, which became a running national joke all season.

https://gojacks.com/sports/football/schedule?path=football

Also, here is the 2023 WTAMU schedule, which has already been posted previously:

https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/football/schedule/2023

CWU faces Weber State August 31

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
      Western Oregon hasn't announced their schedule yet, but they're heading to FCS Champions South Dakota State for a week 1 game. SDSU lost just one game last season, a 7-3 loss to Iowa that was probably best known for Iowa managing to score 7 points without a touchdown, which became a running national joke all season.

https://gojacks.com/sports/football/schedule?path=football

Dang, I hope WOU is getting paid pretty well for that trip. Taking on a team that made NDSU look bad in the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Dang, I hope WOU is getting paid pretty well for that trip. Taking on a team that made NDSU look bad in the championship.
        And when you consider NDSU's history in the FCS title game - they had never lost an FCS title game in Frisco - that's probably the upset of the decade in FCS football.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

I'm not sure how to say this without being an A-hole, but that's not going to be a good game. They better fund all of athletics for 20 years with that guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
            CWU faces Weber State August 31
            that'll be a helluva game for CWU. Weber State doesn't get the attention of Montana, Montana State and Eastern (when they're good), but they're sneaky good.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

I'm not sure how to say this without being an A-hole, but that's not going to be a good game. They better fund all of athletics for 20 years with that guarantee.
              They'll be getting their butts kicked, just like CWU probably.

Comment

They'll be getting their butts kicked, just like CWU probably.
                Ya think?

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Ya think?
                  CWU has won against FCS teams before. I went to a game where CWU beat Montana State. They've also beaten Idaho State and Eastern Washington. Came really close to beating Montana team that eventually won the championship (I think), but lost on a FG right at the end. So an upset can happen, just doesn't usually.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

And when you consider NDSU's history in the FCS title game - they had never lost an FCS title game in Frisco - that's probably the upset of the decade in FCS football.
                    They beat NDSU twice this past season.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

that'll be a helluva game for CWU. Weber State doesn't get the attention of Montana, Montana State and Eastern (when they're good), but they're sneaky good.
                      It will be interesting. HC Jay Hill left for the DC position at BYU. His replacement is Mickey Mental, the Weber OC last season. Prior to that he spend 13 seasons at DII Notre Dame College as OC and HC for two seasons. Haven't paid a lot of attention to Weber's transfer portal activity, but some MSU Bobcat posters seem to think they have been hard hit there.

Comment

CWU has won against FCS teams before. I went to a game where CWU beat Montana State. They've also beaten Idaho State and Eastern Washington. Came really close to beating Montana team that eventually won the championship (I think), but lost on a FG right at the end. So an upset can happen, just doesn't usually.
                        The game you are talking about was in 2008 and CWU's only regular season loss. I was at the Montana game, and CWU had Montana flummoxed. They righted the ship and went ahead by 11, but CWU game back with an 8 play 81 yard TD drive and 2 point conversion and subsequent FG to tie the game. Montana got a big return and ran a couple of plays before hitting a longer FG to win on the last play. That Montana team went to the FCS championship and lost to Villanova.

Comment

Yeah that might help take a sting out of those LSC road trips depending on how much the guaranteed is.

Comment

They'll need to find a better (and healthier) QB and a new D-Line if they want to win that game!

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post

They'll need to find a better (and healthier) QB and a new D-Line if they want to win that game!
                              I'm hoping Glasper gets his groove back.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X