Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

The game you are talking about was in 2008 and CWU's only regular season loss. I was at the Montana game, and CWU had Montana flummoxed. They righted the ship and went ahead by 11, but CWU game back with an 8 play 81 yard TD drive and 2 point conversion and subsequent FG to tie the game. Montana got a big return and ran a couple of plays before hitting a longer FG to win on the last play. That Montana team went to the FCS championship and lost to Villanova.
    Yeah, I was at the Montana game as well. Went to the tailgate before and everyone was talking about how much a cakewalk it was going to be. On the way out, people calling in to the after game radio show wanted to fire everyone.

Comment

The game you are talking about was in 2008 and CWU's only regular season loss. I was at the Montana game, and CWU had Montana flummoxed. They righted the ship and went ahead by 11, but CWU game back with an 8 play 81 yard TD drive and 2 point conversion and subsequent FG to tie the game. Montana got a big return and ran a couple of plays before hitting a longer FG to win on the last play. That Montana team went to the FCS championship and lost to Villanova.
      It's only been 15 years.................I'm not ready to discuss. Just like 2009. But Brandon loves to bring that up...............big jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

It's only been 15 years.................I'm not ready to discuss. Just like 2009. But Brandon loves to bring that up...............big jerk.
        How about 2010 when CWU lost to eventual NC UMD, and lost a heart breaker to eventual FCS champ EWU?

Comment

Angelo State hosts Colorado Mines on Sept. 9

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

CWU has won against FCS teams before. I went to a game where CWU beat Montana State. They've also beaten Idaho State and Eastern Washington. Came really close to beating Montana team that eventually won the championship (I think), but lost on a FG right at the end. So an upset can happen, just doesn't usually.
            Just messin' with ya. CWU really could pull the upset, especially with Bronson Barron (QB) leaving for Western Kentucky.

Comment

They beat NDSU twice this past season.
              I get that. What I'm pointing out is that even though SDSU beat NDSU twice this season, for those of us down here who do pay attention to what happens in FCS, we've gotten used to NDSU pretty much running things on the field in Frisco. That's what I was alluding to.
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Just messin' with ya. CWU really could pull the upset, especially with Bronson Barron (QB) leaving for Western Kentucky.
                That's a curious move. Austin Reed is back.

Comment

I'm hoping Glasper gets his groove back.
                  I'd rather have 2 years of Karst Hunter!

Comment

Seems the PNW teams scheduling FCS teams is financially motivated considering the travel expenses they face for the conference schedule. I was hoping WOU would schedule Eastern Washington, Idaho, Montana, or MT State for their ‘money game’.
                    Last edited by SPWOU; 06-24-2023, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post
                      Seems the PNW team’s scheduling FCS teams is financially motivated considering the travel expenses they face for the conference schedule. I was hoping WOU would schedule Eastern Washington, Idaho, Montana, or MT State for their ‘money game’.
                      But then the team wouldn’t get to visit sunny South Dakota!

Comment

But then the team wouldn’t get to visit sunny South Dakota!
                        One positive is that I’m from MN so will be able to visit family and they can see a game.

Comment

How about 2010 when CWU lost to eventual NC UMD, and lost a heart breaker to eventual FCS champ EWU?
                          What are you doing homeboy?

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

What are you doing homeboy?
                            Picking at scars....

Comment

Any idea when more schedules will be announced? Do any schools make schedule announcement an event?

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post
                                Any idea when more schedules will be announced? Do any schools make schedule announcement an event?
                                The ol school mentality in the LSC was to be "tight-lipped" about EVERYTHING. Nothing was said until it had to be. 707

Some staffs still kinda play by that rule, while others chat it up "Jones" style.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X