X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cwfenn
    replied
    Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

:) was hoping to see some news. Still patiently waiting. cwfenn, any info on when LSC will announce conference schedule?
    If they’re like last year, really should be any day now. Last year they announced conference schedule on 2/23.

Leave a comment:

• SPWOU
    replied
    Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
    Western Oregon set to play South Dakota State week 1.
    :) was hoping to see some news. Still patiently waiting. cwfenn, any info on when LSC will announce conference schedule?

Leave a comment:

• QB11111
    replied
    Western Oregon set to play South Dakota State week 1.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

LSC teams on average play 1.5 conference games/yr in the PNW vs GNAC teams while GNAC teams play an average of 3.5 games/yr at LSC schools. Happy to have a variety of teams to play but with only four DII schools with FB on the entire west coast of the US and Canada it makes for a tough road schedule.
    Yeah I feel for those GNAC schools. They had a good conference out there when Azusa, Humboldt, and Western Washington all had football.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

Is that where Adams State fits in?
    Yes sir. Not the powerhouse that Sul Ross is but WT will get there with baby steps and one day hope to avenge the Kingsville loss.

Leave a comment:

• SPWOU
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Pretty sure the athletic directors schedules the games and they could always schedule a cream puff lower tier RMAC team if they want to get the fan base fired up.

I completely agree those are brutal back to back road trips.

The former GNAC teams are fun and interesting matchups but will be glad to see closer matchups as more Texas based schools join the LSC.
    LSC teams on average play 1.5 conference games/yr in the PNW vs GNAC teams while GNAC teams play an average of 3.5 games/yr at LSC schools. Happy to have a variety of teams to play but with only four DII schools with FB on the entire west coast of the US and Canada it makes for a tough road schedule.

Leave a comment:

• JavsFan
    replied

Pretty sure the athletic directors schedules the games and they could always schedule a cream puff lower tier RMAC team if they want to get the fan base fired up.

The former GNAC teams are fun and interesting matchups but will be glad to see closer matchups as more Texas based schools join the LSC.

Is that where Adams State fits in?

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Originally posted by UTPBFalcons1 View Post

Not a huge fan of UTPB scheduling a easy opponent or cream puff as you call it, but not dumb. The new coach wants to win his first game. But UTPB has to travel to Western Colorado and Simon Frasier in week 2 and 3. Western Co is a tough match up and the 2 road trips in a row are brutal on kids bodies.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

I admit WT's non-conference schedule was less than ideal.

For 2021 given WT's history I suspect the issue was trying to fill out an 11 game schedule and there wasn't enough D2 teams out there to make that happen.

There were multiple teams in the LSC that year that had a turd like that on the schedule and/or just played 10 games.

If Kingsville shows up with the same quality of turds on the schedule this year given more opportunities then they are not trying to challenge themselves and it exposed them by the time they got to the Angelo State game and beyond.
    ABSOLUTELY 100% AGREE!!!!!!

Now, I understand the point you were making!

Leave a comment:

• UTPBFalcons1
    replied

Oof! With all the schedules opening up they choose Texas College?

Taking a page out of the Texas Tech/Kingsville playbook for scheduling cream puffs.
    Not a huge fan of UTPB scheduling a easy opponent or cream puff as you call it, but not dumb. The new coach wants to win his first game. But UTPB has to travel to Western Colorado and Simon Frasier in week 2 and 3. Western Co is a tough match up and the 2 road trips in a row are brutal on kids bodies.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I'm just looking at the FACTS......no opinions, explanations, excuses, or sidebars. JUST the FACTS.
    I admit WT's non-conference schedule was less than ideal.

For 2021 given WT's history I suspect the issue was trying to fill out an 11 game schedule and there wasn't enough D2 teams out there to make that happen.

There were multiple teams in the LSC that year that had a turd like that on the schedule and/or just played 10 games.

If Kingsville shows up with the same quality of turds on the schedule this year given more opportunities then they are not trying to challenge themselves and it exposed them by the time they got to the Angelo State game and beyond.

Leave a comment:

• ASUPops
    replied

Heck of a nice try at an "I gotcha".

In 2021 there were only 7 conference games and had to find 4 non-conference games so that was more understandable even though WT fans hated it.

Last year only 2 dates needed to be filled and Kingsville decided to go full creampuff.

This year there should be more non conference opportunities with the MIAA (Losing Lincoln) and NSIC (Losing Upper Iowa).

ASUPops to your comment as well.
    I'm just looking at the FACTS......no opinions, explanations, excuses, or sidebars. JUST the FACTS.

Leave a comment:

• Runnin' Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Goods View Post

Need to be release around spring ball so people like me can call their buddies and have them circle a game or two on their calendars to meet me at the game. I'm in my mid-40s with two high schoolers and a wife, there's always something getting in the way of watching football.
    What games are you circling?

Leave a comment:

• Runnin' Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Correct... even if they beat the FCS school.
    CWU lost to eventual NC runner up Montana on a last second FG. That was the only CWU loss on the regular season and a lot of CWU supporters were sure that was what screwed us in not getting a home playoff game.

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

This isn't the case for DII, is it? When a DII loses to an FCS school, I thought that it was as if they hadn't played.
    Correct... even if they beat the FCS school.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X