Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FalconsUpFreddie View Post

I’ve been through both facilities on multiple occasions. I don’t think they’re even comparable, outside of the arena.

it has been a wild season so far! We’ll find out just how good we really are vs the javelinas this week!
    Angelo same football lockers as Dallas Cowboys have. 😄😄

It's not a pissing contest. I never attended Angelo State. And I probably know more players & parents at UTPB rhis year than I do on any other LSC team.

The Kirk Center, overall is a great facility. Very top notch. Best of it's kind in the LSC. But that's not what we are talking about. We are talking about the wing that's for football. It is really nice LOOKING for sure, but quality wise...it is not the best. Hence what I was talking about when I said it's like a blown out Nissan Versa.

Again, nothing personal. Just MY opinion.

Yes, this game should be a good one. At least I am hoping it's a good game.

As I stated, this will be the best year, so far, for Falcon Football.
    Last edited by ASUPops; 09-28-2023, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

It's a lack of effort!! Remember many of these same kids played for Hughes, and they have a tendency to quit.
      From reading the thread it doesn't sound like WT quit as much as it sounds like UTPB became that Hog that just kept rooting until he found the acorns to eat.

Sometimes Lady Luck along with effort rewards you as it did UTPB.

WT is still moving in the right direction under Lynn.

Btw what happened to guy who used to post attendance numbers weekly?

I was looking at Commerce attendance numbers and saw where Tarleton was 4th in attendance in FCS. I don't remember them having huge crowds in the LSC days?!?!

Commerce is 0-3 after losing a close one.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post

From reading the thread it doesn't sound like WT quit as much as it sounds like UTPB became that Hog that just kept rooting until he found the acorns to eat.

Sometimes Lady Luck along with effort rewards you as it did UTPB.

WT is still moving in the right direction under Lynn.

Btw what happened to guy who used to post attendance numbers weekly?

I was looking at Commerce attendance numbers and saw where Tarleton was 4th in attendance in FCS. I don't remember them having huge crowds in the LSC days?!?!

Commerce is 0-3 after losing a close one.
        WT was up 14 pts in the 4th. Then up 10 with 3:27 left in the game . Then let UTPB tie it up with :15 left.

In OT UTPB scored and got PAT. WT scored and went for the win with a 2 pt attempt that failed. BAD CALL. And indication that HC knew his Dcwas quitting on him in my opinion. No other reason to make that call.

Everyone has an opinion. Based on talking to a few UTPB players/parents since, I STICK to my original opinion.

Last edited by ASUPops; 09-28-2023, 04:15 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=ASUPops;n777951]

WT was up 14 pts in the 4th. Then up 10 with 3:27 left in the game . Then let UTPB tie it up with :15 left.

In OT UTPB scored and got PAT. WT scored and went for the win with a 2 pt attempt that failed. BAD CALL. And indication that HC knew his Dcwas quitting on him in my opinion. No other reason to make that call.

Everyone has an opinion. Based on talking to a few UTPB players/parents since, I STICK to my original opinion.

[/QUOTE

utpb is not there with best overall facilities yet. On campus stadiums are a big deal. Went o enmu a couple of yrs ago and saw the stadium they use to play in. It looked like a grave yard now and couldn’t believe how far away it was from campus. Now has a wonderful stadium that is ridiculously easy to get to and park. Asu has a great tailhdting area and can walk right across the street to the stadium.wtam is like going to a nog
          time university. Hate the parking situation. But best by far. Kingsville stadium bland but when packed is a great atmosphere. Was a cwu 2 weeks ago and the visitor side is little league quality ( wooden bleachers ) and perfectly set to where the sun is blinding you in the first half. Easy to get to and liked to tables and chair behind the endzone. Gray atmosphere. Midwestern has a great sitelines and close to the action but that stadium is on the outskirts surrounded by soccer fields and the stadium may be older than Ratliff. As u can. With all that oil money and ut backing im sure it’s in the works for an on campus stadium in the future. That basketball gym is a joke though for college especially. Ive seen jr high gyms in Oklahoma Better than that. FYI lcs faculties have nothing on half the miaa facilities and some in the gliac. It’s all about the right coach that determines success. Ask Texas am fans would u rather have rc slocum w/ old Kyle field or current jimbo and but brag about top 3 overall facilities in the country???

Comment

UTPB on campus football stadium is in the works, along with other campus renovations.

McCullough has a lot of plans for the future of UTPB football outside of just winning more games. It’s going to be interesting/exciting to see how much the program changes under him.

Comment

Originally posted by BoosterMom View Post
              UTPB on campus football stadium is in the works, along with other campus renovations.

McCullough has a lot of plans for the future of UTPB football outside of just winning more games. It’s going to be interesting/exciting to see how much the program changes under him.
              If he wins enough, he will have offers that will be hard to decline.
              but that's what you want.
              Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

If he wins enough, he will have offers that will be hard to decline.
                but that's what you want.
                Very true and he’s already getting a lot of attention.

However, a lot of this freshman class turned down offers with more established/proven programs in the conference because they bought into his vision for UTPB and they’re excited about being a part of changing the narrative. So hopefully he’s at least around until the 2027, but business is business. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Comment

Are WT and UTPB playing each other again this weekend?
                  RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                  Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
                    Are WT and UTPB playing each other again this weekend?
                    Probably in women’s pickle ball. Give it a few hours and you’ll have an update.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Probably in women’s pickle ball. Give it a few hours and you’ll have an update.
                      I think softball is popular on the LSC football forum.
                      RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                      Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by BoosterMom View Post

Very true and he’s already getting a lot of attention.

However, a lot of this freshman class turned down offers with more established/proven programs in the conference because they bought into his vision for UTPB and they’re excited about being a part of changing the narrative. So hopefully he’s at least around until the 2027, but business is business. 🤷🏼‍♀️
                        Kids at ECU might have felt the same.
                        Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

Kids at ECU might have felt the same.
                          Maybe, but like I said - it’s business…

Coaches are gonna do what’s best for them. I don’t take that personally because this isn’t high school. Players aren’t zoned to certain schools. They can also leave for a better opportunity.
                          Last edited by BoosterMom; 09-30-2023, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X