Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Region 4 Playoffs

CWU dropped to 7th, but they made Western Colorado 2nd, so that matchup is still on.

Better bring extra oxygen. That field is the highest elevation in the NCAA.

Comment

And no surprises in the bracket……. At least for SR4.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
        Better bring extra oxygen. That field is the highest elevation in the NCAA.
        7723 feet - they put it on their pants:

https://western.edu/best-college-ath...acilities/amp/

Comment

Permian hosts Bemidji State

Comment

It'd cost me around $1500 all told to go. I can't swing that right now. Unless I drove, but that'd require more vacation time. If, by some miracle, they manage to win, I'll take another look.

Comment

Inkblot made his prediction before the selection show, and he actually had New Haven switching out to region 4 and playing Western Colorado, with the winner facing the winner of CWU/PB. That of course didn’t happen, and I for one am happy it didn’t!

Fun fact: New Haven is 2-2 against CWU…they played four times about 20 years ago.

Comment

Best wishes to both UTPB and CWU in the playoffs!

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
                  Best wishes to both UTPB and CWU in the playoffs!
                  Same here.

Comment

Let's all get behind and support both UTPB & CWU on their quest in the play-offs!!

GO LSC!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
                      Inkblot made his prediction before the selection show, and he actually had New Haven switching out to region 4 and playing Western Colorado, with the winner facing the winner of CWU/PB. That of course didn’t happen, and I for one am happy it didn’t!

Fun fact: New Haven is 2-2 against CWU…they played four times about 20 years ago.
                      The last time they played in New Haven in September 2002, CWU took a detour to visit the World Trade Center site in NYC. That was back in my newspaper days. Really interesting story to write. CWU vs. New Haven was a weird pairing, but it made for a short-lived, but cool, cross-country rivalry.
                      Last edited by Goods; 11-13-2023, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Wondering what the travel plans for CWU will be. Charter out of YKM to Crested Butte/Gunnison? Would they stay in Gunnison?

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                          Wondering what the travel plans for CWU will be. Charter out of YKM to Crested Butte/Gunnison? Would they stay in Gunnison?
                          Not many other options that make sense as far as places to stay are concerned.

Comment

I was thinking of flying into SLC then driving from there. It's further than Denver, but don't have to go over the crest of the Rockies.

Comment

I hope they don't fly in to Durango and then bus over Red Mountain on the way to Gunnison. The chance the bus falls off a cliff is very high! As a flatlander, I'll never ever do that drive again. My palms dampen even thinking about it.

My brother-in-laws dad was in charge of the whole SW part of Colorado road dept. He lost 3 men thru the years as they tried to keep the roads open on some of those passes. They didn't retrieve 2 of the men till the next spring thaw.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X