Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

I was thinking of flying into SLC then driving from there. It's further than Denver, but don't have to go over the crest of the Rockies.
    I know when UTPB played there early in the year, they flew directly into Gunnison, which was nice as the little private airport was right across the highway from the school and Hotel!

Comment

Interesting historical link here between CWU and Western Colorado is the fact that former CWU head coach Jeff Zenisek coached at CWU from 1990-1996 (HC from 1991-1996, including winning the NAIA National championship in 1995 with Jon Kitna as his QB). After a stint as DC at DI-AA Northern Iowa, he then coached at D2 Western State College, now known as Western Colorado, He went 21-34 in five years there from 2001-2005. To my knowledge that's his last job at the collegiate level. He's been the head coach at Ellensburg HS (less than a mile south of CWU) since 2019.

I believe this is the first contest between the schools. Couldn't find any historical contest listed on the wildcasports.com site.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
        Interesting historical link here between CWU and Western Colorado is the fact that former CWU head coach Jeff Zenisek coached at CWU from 1990-1996 (HC from 1991-1996, including winning the NAIA National championship in 1995 with Jon Kitna as his QB). After a stint as DC at DI-AA Northern Iowa, he then coached at D2 Western State College, now known as Western Colorado, He went 21-34 in five years there from 2001-2005. To my knowledge that's his last job at the collegiate level. He's been the head coach at Ellensburg HS (less than a mile south of CWU) since 2019.

I believe this is the first contest between the schools. Couldn't find any historical contest listed on the wildcasports.com site.
        That makes it even more interesting, IMHO. My favorite NFL running back Austin Eckler went to Western Colorado. But I'll be rooting for CWU. Go Wildcats!

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post
          Inkblot made his prediction before the selection show, and he actually had New Haven switching out to region 4 and playing Western Colorado, with the winner facing the winner of CWU/PB. That of course didn’t happen, and I for one am happy it didn’t!

Fun fact: New Haven is 2-2 against CWU…they played four times about 20 years ago.
          Not to toot my own horn here but other than the seedings being off I nailed the matchups in the week 11 thread. :D

11-11-2023, 09:22 PM
          My thoughts...

1) Colorado Mines
          2) Augustana vs. Minnesota State
          3) UTPB vs. Bemidji State
          4) Western Colorado vs. Central Washington.

Makes economic sense to send the Western Colorado/Central Washington winner to Mines second round.

No where to send or match with UTPB without a flight happening.

Minnesota State wont drop out due to head to head with Wayne and Wayne acting as a blocker H2H to not let Duluth overtake both..

My dark horse picks just to mess with NSIC posters and laugh if it actually happens.

1) Colorado Mines
          2) Augustana vs. Bemidji State
          3) Western Colorado vs. Central Washington
          4) UTPB vs, Angelo State

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Makes economic sense to send the Western Colorado/Central Washington winner to Mines second round.
            I'm hoping the NCAA has to fund a plane trip out of Yakima, Wash. for this game. Less economic sense. Of course, CWU would have to uphold their end of the bargain with an upset of HUGE proportions.

Comment

I'm hoping the NCAA has to fund a plane trip out of Yakima, Wash. for this game. Less economic sense. Of course, CWU would have to uphold their end of the bargain with an upset of HUGE proportions.
              It'll be a pretty big upset if CWU wins. Weather forecast wasn't looking great when I checked yesterday, maybe that will help.

Comment

I've been to Gunnison once, probably the most isolated campus in America. It's an incredibly scenic area.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                  Let's all get behind and support both UTPB & CWU on their quest in the play-offs!!

GO LSC!!!!!!
                  Not that rooting for a team matters but it is against the code for WOU fans to root for CWU. It would be like a Michigan fan rooting for Ohio State.

Go Falcons!
                  Last edited by SPWOU; 11-13-2023, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Yes, it is the first meeting between the teams.

Also the first meeting between PB and Bemidji too. It’s the second-ever trip to Texas for Bemidji, the first trip was last year.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

It'll be a pretty big upset if CWU wins. Weather forecast wasn't looking great when I checked yesterday, maybe that will help.
                      Looks like cold and rainy right now.

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Looks like cold and rainy right now.
                        Adverse conditions will work in CWUs favor. If conditions are bad enough it could be like the Augustana/Wayne State game where Wayne State pulled off the upset even though Augustana’s offense out gained the WSU offense 289 to 20. WSU had 100 interception return yards including a pick six.

Comment

Saw this over on the PSAC board, but it’s relevant to fans of any playoff team-the NCAA is streaming all playoff games and is also requiring fans to purchase access to all playoff games not distributed by ESPN:

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2023/11/2/...n-2023-24.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Not to toot my own horn here but other than the seedings being off I nailed the matchups in the week 11 thread. :D

11-11-2023, 09:22 PM
                            My thoughts...

1) Colorado Mines
                            2) Augustana vs. Minnesota State
                            3) UTPB vs. Bemidji State

No where to send or match with UTPB without a flight happening.

Minnesota State wont drop out due to head to head with Wayne and Wayne acting as a blocker H2H to not let Duluth overtake both..

My dark horse picks just to mess with NSIC posters and laugh if it actually happens.

1) Colorado Mines
                            2) Augustana vs. Bemidji State
                            3) Western Colorado vs. Central Washington
                            4) UTPB vs, Angelo State
                            You tooted your own horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                              Wondering what the travel plans for CWU will be. Charter out of YKM to Crested Butte/Gunnison? Would they stay in Gunnison?
                              Pretty excited that your school is coming to Gunnison. Think I mentioned it last year but my favorite prof at Western was from Ellensburg and is a CWU alum.

Comment

Originally posted by SPWOU View Post

Not that rooting for a team matters but it is against the code for WOU fans to root for CWU. It would be like a Michigan fan rooting for Ohio State.

Go Falcons!
                                BS!!! When season ends, you ALWAYS root for your conference!!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X