Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oklahoma Panhandle lasted one year in the LSC before going back down, McMurry lasted one year in the LSC before going back down. Lets see how long Sul Ross lasts

Comment

at this point lsc should make a run at NMHU since the league is very west texas, nm heavy. maybe make a run at some old ok lsc schools to keep it afloat.

Comment

Originally posted by Assassin14 View Post
        at this point lsc should make a run at NMHU since the league is very west texas, nm heavy. maybe make a run at some old ok lsc schools to keep it afloat.
        NMHU for sure and maybe try to get Commerce back, each year since they left they look worse and worse.

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post

NMHU for sure and maybe try to get Commerce back, each year since they left they look worse and worse.
          None of the LSC schools that have left are ever coming back,

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

None of the LSC schools that have left are ever coming back,
            I know… a man can dream..

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
              Yep. Official announcement today. Another nail in the coffin for the ASC.

https://letuathletics.com/news/2024/...n-2025-26.aspx

Comment

Here we go...

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post

In NMHU’s case I think they are playing WNM and ENM again this year in football, so it seems to make sense that way.

Comment

Thanks for the add!

The ASC is a mess.....a total implosion of leadership not only at the administrative level.... but at the institutional level as well. It's infuriating on so many levels.

I blame the ASC office for not being proactive
                    I blame the (alleged) antics of 1-2 of the conference bullies for not listening to others' concerns
                    I blame SCAC for playing dirty and going scorched Earth Policy in a blanket manor to all left behind.
                    I blame ETBU and HPU for ignoring this oncoming train for several years and being completely unprepared for it

Unless a couple of NAIA schools join the ASC (Wayland Baptist, Tx Weslyan, NAU, Texas College, or SAGU)..... then the conference is toast. And to be honest....I don't see any of them making that jump. Why sign up to get dominated by HSU and UMHB?

Rumor mill abounds.

I've heard UMHB could go D2 or possibly jump to FCS.
                    HSU likely to shop D2
                    I suspect HPU will likely go NAIA.....long shot for D2.

I'm an ETBU alum and the rumor mill has been wild. I've heard joining the Sooner Conference (NAIA). I've heard D2 LSC and D2 GAC.

It's sad.... because NAIA doesn't excite anyone TBH. And I think there's a very real fear of falling into oblivion in D2. Fact is.... ETBU (2,000 enrollment) would likely be one of the smallest D2 schools in the country.

Even though the LSC bears the name of our state...... geographically and travel-wise the GAC makes 1000 times more sense for ETBU. Obviously UMHB and HSU make sense in the LSC. Most road games for ETBU in the GAC would be within a 4-5 hour drive...... that doubles for them in the LSC.

Not to mention....most of the enrollments in the LSC are overall significantly larger than most of the GAC.

Then recruiting....... Abilene, Odessa/Midland, Wichita Falls, Dallas..... all larger cities...... compared to Brownwood, Belton, Marshall....... all small towns.

Neither the LSC nor the GAC may have any desire to add any of the ASC castaways.

There will be debate as to whether or not UMHB or HSU would be competitive in football in the LSC........ but TBH..... HPU and ETBU have got to be worried about falling into a black hole against all these schools that are so much bigger.

I think there's fear at ETBU that a very competitive athletic program (excluding mediocre football) would fade away into the darkness in a conference like the LSC.....and possibly in the GAC too.

It's frustrating.

No place to go in D3.
                    D2 really doesn't make sense....but is the only option unless.....
                    NAIA...... which draws a collective yawn from many

Comment

• HSU is trying to join the SCAC, but I don't see that happening. The SCAC heavily frowns on the athletics model of some of the ASC programs. The SCAC programs are serious academic schools and have legitimate expectations of their students, including the athletes. I don't see them letting in programs that are recruiting kids that can't spell kat, just so they can ball. Some of the tiny Baptist schools in Texas have no business even staying open. Were it not for a dorm full of pot-smoking ballers, they probably wouldn't be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                        HSU is trying to join the SCAC, but I don't see that happening. The SCAC heavily frowns on the athletics model of some of the ASC programs. The SCAC programs are serious academic schools and have legitimate expectations of their students, including the athletes. I don't see them letting in programs that are recruiting kids that can't spell kat, just so they can ball. Some of the tiny Baptist schools in Texas have no business even staying open. Were it not for a dorm full of pot-smoking ballers, they probably wouldn't be.
                        I'm curious to know which ones you think fall into this category.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mavchamp View Post

I'm curious to know which ones you think fall into this category.

24 sports and only 1400 students signals a pretty questionable situation.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X