Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 MSU Maverick FB

Another career milestone within reach:

Shane Zylstra tied the single season record of 15 TD receptions last year. He has 11 so far this season and had 7 his FR year. His 33 receiving TDs puts him 3 behind Josh Nelsen for the career record.

Comment

Interesting. It's great to have both these players presumably back next season.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
        Interesting. It's great to have both these players presumably back next season.
        I think that Coach Hoffner said that there are six seniors on the radio last night. Maybe the biggest hole to fill will be Casey- both kicking and punting.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          I think that Coach Hoffner said that there are six seniors on the radio last night. Maybe the biggest hole to fill will be Casey- both kicking and punting.
          Correct. Six seniors on the team this year and the biggest hole to fill will absolutely be Bednarski.

Bednarski also holds the single season FG record with 25 and is currently in a tie for 3rd, one make behind 2nd, with 35 career FGs in his 2-year career. Sam Brockshus is the all-time leader with 54. Seems safe...haha

Comment

Comment

I would tend to agree; i.e. that they may bring in someone just for next season. I recall them getting a transfer pk from the University of Iowa several years ago; he did very well for them. That's not to say the freshman pk they have now is not fully capable.

Comment

Viewing party at the Taylor Center on Sunday. Opens at 3:30, show starts at 4.

I'll probably be watching from home.

https://msumavericks.com/news/2018/1...or-sunday.aspx

Comment

Comment

Best of luck to the Mavs.

I'm going to come over if they face UMD @ home at any point during the playoffs. What's the best place to sit so the wind doesn't sheer my face off (if any)?

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I'm going to come over if they face UMD @ home at any point during the playoffs. What's the best place to sit so the wind doesn't sheer my face off (if any)?
                      Well, that would depend on the direction of the wind. The stadium sits northwest to southeast, hence the nickname "The Wind Tunnel" from back in the NCC days. Where I sit in front of the press box (west side) I am pretty well protected.

Comment

Well, that would depend on the direction of the wind. The stadium sits northwest to southeast, hence the nickname "The Wind Tunnel" from back in the NCC days. Where I sit in front of the press box (west side) I am pretty well protected.
                        Thanks

I was thinking either in front of or next to one of the boxes - but the wind direction is a good one too. Guess I'll have to assess the situation on gameday, and bring a bunch of extra layers.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Behind a fat guy....the wind does weird things at the Blake so there's no planning

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                            Behind a fat guy....the wind does weird things at the Blake so there's no planning
                            Can't sit behind me unless you are inside the press box................

Comment

Can't sit behind me unless you are inside the press box................
                              But I heard you were one of the best at breaking wind...

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                                But I heard you were one of the best at breaking wind...
                                I love this board.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X