Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 MSU Maverick FB

Originally posted by laker View Post
    Nice article about former Mav QB Ricky Lloyd playing for the CFL's BC Lions.

http://theprovince.com/sports/footba...-of-a-maverick
    Here's the post game interview with Ricky. Long hair is gone...

https://www.bclions.com/2018/06/02/p...1-ricky-lloyd/

Comment

It's great to see Ricky having success in the Canadian league.
      He wasn't at quite the form he showed in the national championship runner-up season of 2014 during his senior year, due apparently to an injury. But a great asset to the team, and glad he transferred to MSU from Southern Mississippi.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post
        I believe he had a nagging injury that year, shoulder IIRC.
        I didn't realize that. I was under the impression that Mankato was using a rotation QB scheme that season. It was still a heck of a game to cover (even if I sweated away about 10 pounds sitting in the press box at Blakeslee).
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...nerve-disorder

Comment

I saw that someone had set up a GoFundMe account for him.

Comment

Very sad news, but hopefully the young man can recover soon from this.

Comment

Hope everything turns out well for this young kid. Stay #MavStrong

Comment

For a second I thought that this was the press box at the Blake. Then I realized that one isn't being torn down. This is actually the Rubber Bowl in Akron which is finally being replaced.

Comment

For a second I thought that this was the press box at the Blake. Then I realized that one isn't being torn down. This is actually the Rubber Bowl in Akron which is finally being replaced.

Laker, you should know that the press box at the Blake isn't anywhere near as nice as the one pictured! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                      Laker, you should know that the press box at the Blake isn't anywhere near as nice as the one pictured! :)
                      Yes, way too big and roomy! I don't see any wasps, either!

Comment

Early football and basketball schedule. Looks like they are moving start times for hoops to 5:30 and 7:30 on Friday nights. I hope that they do that for all games- getting back home at 11:30 or later in the winter gets kind of late on those icy roads.

http://northernsun.org/news/2018/6/1...r-2018-19.aspx

Comment

Yes, way too big and roomy! I don't see any wasps, either!
                          I would imagine the press box at MSU was state of the art back in 1961-62, when the stadium was new. But it is quite outmoded for the 21st century.

Comment

Early football and basketball schedule. Looks like they are moving start times for hoops to 5:30 and 7:30 on Friday nights. I hope that they do that for all games- getting back home at 11:30 or later in the winter gets kind of late on those icy roads.

http://northernsun.org/news/2018/6/1...r-2018-19.aspx
                            A good idea. Also gives the visiting team a chance to leave earlier for the site of their Saturday game.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
                              Also gives the visiting team a chance to leave earlier for the site of their Saturday game.
                              I'm guessing that's a good chunk of why they made the change.

Comment

Originally posted by MStateMaverick View Post
                                I would imagine the press box at MSU was state of the art back in 1961-62, when the stadium was new. But it is quite outmoded for the 21st century.
                                When the Blake was built by the student intern architect who designed it (following his failing of shop class but learning what the 'Minnesota Low Bid Process' is), he said to his mom: 'Gee wilikers, I bet this will stand for 20 years!'

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X