Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2018 MSU Maverick FB

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    Man what another fantastic game by Adam Thielen! The Vikings are so fortunate to have him!
    Talking to the Moorhead fans on Saturday, we agreed that we loved it when any D2 player, and especially the NSIC ones, did well. Like when I heard CJ Ham in the game on the radio, I even gave a fist pump.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
      After watching both Kato' and Duluth live a KO stadium against AU, I feel MSU is the better team. Our QB played fantastic against MSU, not so well vs. Duluth converting less then a third of his passes. Bulldogs special teams are not as strong as the Mav's

Comment

Comment

I've seen some videos online of Bednarski kicking field goals from bonkers distances. Then I got to see him kick in person. He's almost as good at kicking as our QB is ;)

Anyway, is there any buzz about a possible NFL career for him?

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
            I've seen some videos online of Bednarski kicking field goals from bonkers distances. Then I got to see him kick in person. He's almost as good at kicking as our QB is ;)

Anyway, is there any buzz about a possible NFL career for him?
            Some NFL scouts have looked at him. Combination of punting and long field goals. He has a big frame and played linebacker in HS. He isn't afraid to make a tackle after a kickoff.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
              Some NFL scouts have looked at him. Combination of punting and long field goals. He has a big frame and played linebacker in HS. He isn't afraid to make a tackle after a kickoff.
              He's a big dude, that's for sure. Hopefully he can continue his career in the big league. I'll be rooting for him.

Comment

I witnessed both Mankato and Duluth games against the Beavers and in my humble opinion, the Mavs would stomp Duluth if they played right now. Very impressed with the qb Schlicte, rb Nate Gunn and the receivers. Your o line is pretty stout also.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                  He's a big dude, that's for sure. Hopefully he can continue his career in the big league. I'll be rooting for him.
                  We had scouts looking at Braden Wieking a few years ago. The trouble with kickers is they tend to stay in the NFL for about 20 years, so there's really only about 2 openings per season and about 800 guys competing for the spots.

But I too will be rooting for Bednarski. We need more NSIC guys in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
                    We had scouts looking at Braden Wieking a few years ago. The trouble with kickers is they tend to stay in the NFL for about 20 years, so there's really only about 2 openings per season and about 800 guys competing for the spots.

I get excited when I see NSIC guys on the field. Brandon Zylstra, Shane's brother, caught a pass for the Vikings yesterday. I also like it when I hear that a D2 player does something.

Comment

I still remember a game from back in 2015. The kicker who graduated from Winona last year was only a sophomore at the time. Winona got the ball at about midfield, but went 3-and-out. Everyone in the stadium probably assumed they were going to punt. Nope, they sent out the kicker for a 59-yard FG which he drilled.

Comment

That's very true. I know scouts were out here looking at one of our punters a few years back. Tom Obarski out of CSP got a shot in the NFL a while back too.

But yeah, I always like seeing NSIC guys in the NFL.

Comment

Despite the disappointing loss I was at the game tonight and was lucky enough to see Adam Thielen make NFL history. That man deserves everything he gets. Congrats!

Comment

Comment

NSIC@NorthernSunConf
                              Following Following @NorthernSunConf
                              More
                              Congrats to @msumavericks on winning their 8th #NSICFB South Division Title. @MinnStFootball
                              #YourTimeToShine
                              http://northernsun.org/standings.aspx?path=football&

Comment

Nate Gunn has 18 rushing TDs this season so far. The previous record in a season was 15. He had 12 last year giving him 30 thus far in his career. Connor Thomas holds the career record at 40. I'd say Gunn will be #1 on that list before he's done, assuming no major injuries.

Another list he could sit atop at the end of next season, career rushing yards. He's currently 7th with just over 2600 yards. Connor Thomas is the leader there as well with 3850.

LOTS of football (hopefully) left to play this year. But thought I'd point that out for Mav fans.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X