Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 SMSU Mustangs: Let's ride!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by 212 Degrees View Post
    Not a big fan of the unis I guess. The striping doesn't look good or math with the pants' striping.

    I'm pumped about Nava at QB. The game totally changed when he was in. If it wasn't for that goaline interception in the 4th, the game would have come down to the wire. I'm concerned about WSC. Last year, the offense had a hard time with their D and Frana knowing the offense, inside and out.
    I'm excited to see what he's going to do from here.

    He and Davis might make a nice pairing.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by 212 Degrees View Post
      Not a big fan of the unis I guess. The striping doesn't look good or math with the pants' striping.
      The striping isn't my favorite, I'll agree with that.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
        The striping isn't my favorite, I'll agree with that.
        I thought it was weird how they had the dual vertical stripes on the shoulders with the solid stripe on the pants. Maybe better just to leave the shoulder stripes off all together and just have the solid brown jersey?

        I'm just glad they kept it modest and didn't jump on some fashion trend bandwagon like they did with the grays.

        Comment


        • #49
          I think SMSU gets their first win this weekend. Nava and the offense should be able to keep the momentum they started last week in the tough home loss to Mankato. I expect the run game to improve and the defense to find their groove.

          Comment


          • #50
            Agreed that the gray unis just didn't work. Maybe they'll use the brown jersey with the gold pants and helmet.

            On the game notes, It says Bouman or Nava as the 1st string QB, but hopefully, Nava gets a full game audition. Regardless, the running game has to improve. It's going down each year and didn't get off to a good start last Saturday.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by 212 Degrees View Post
              Agreed that the gray unis just didn't work. Maybe they'll use the brown jersey with the gold pants and helmet.

              On the game notes, It says Bouman or Nava as the 1st string QB, but hopefully, Nava gets a full game audition. Regardless, the running game has to improve. It's going down each year and didn't get off to a good start last Saturday.
              What happened to Max Simmons? He was pretty awesome his freshman year, but his production declined ever since.

              I think the grays must have been a default Adidas design - I saw many teams using them. At least what we have now is unique, color wise, to our school. The same couldn't be said for the grays, especially with 100+ other teams wearing them.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

                What happened to Max Simmons? He was pretty awesome his freshman year, but his production declined ever since.
                Injuries, I think. Still has a chance to rank pretty high in the rushing record books.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

                  I think the grays must have been a default Adidas design - I saw many teams using them. At least what we have now is unique, color wise, to our school. The same couldn't be said for the grays, especially with 100+ other teams wearing them.
                  I think it was probably one of the cheaper options available

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Nava will get the start tonight against the Wildcats - lets hope he makes the best of it, running game has to get more yards than last week (4)

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                      Injuries, I think. Still has a chance to rank pretty high in the rushing record books.
                      That makes sense. I had him on record watch last year, career TDs I think. If he picks it up a little he may still have a chance to nab it.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Can we talk about that gut-wrenching loss on Saturday (WSC tying us with 3 seconds left in regulation) or do we all still need more time?

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I'm convinced if Nava doesn't get hurt we win by 20-6 or 20-13. I think we score again if he plays the 4th quarter.

                          Having said that, what a gut punch loss. Brutal in so many ways and in 30 years I have seen a lot of bad losses.

                          3rd stringer can't even throw a pass so we didn't try... maybe just get Bug open a 5 yarder or a tight end short pass.

                          And in OT, you knew Wayne would just run it 2 times to get in the middle of the field yet we only had 7 in the box. Can't make it up.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            I didn't watch on Saturday - internet was down at the house, so I followed on Twitter throughout the day.

                            I saw Nava got hurt, what happened exactly? Understandably so, the Twitter guys don't go into much detail.

                            Why wasn't Bouman brought in? I missed that too.

                            Apologize for the dumb questions, like I said I couldn't watch.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Nava getting hurt changed the complexion and control of the game. It happened on a scramble and he got popped pretty good. I don't know why he didn't slide but I guess he was just being aggressive. Bouman wasn't in pads and was not an option. Herrera has an arm but it seems like Sauter didn't trust him in a close game. I wish Davis could more 50/50 ball opportunities downfield. We clearly need to take more chances with him.

                              The defense was bend but don't break, until it did. WSC threw the ball 38 times and didn't get sacked once. The 3 man rush on the last drive of regulation, when the needed a TD, was pretty bad. On a few plays, Coach Mac used a blitzing inside backer but WSC marched up the field pretty easily. But the D battled all night and was on the field it seemed like most of the game. Hope the team can bounce back against The Coo who had an impressive showing.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                So will Nava be back on Saturday Mustang fans??? Or will we see someone else?

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X