Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    Normally isn't the over/under on an SMSU class like 55..?
    Yes. And their fans have stated many times how their roster is depleted/decimated. So, only 16 is concerning for that program.

Comment

Augustana's class of 26 student athletes was wrapped up by the end of last week. All have excellent academic backgrounds. One would think AU would be recruiting against USF on some players, but that was not the case, Augie recruited against USF, MSU UMD and BSU on maybe 8 athlete's total. Each had their wins. Here is the Viking class of 2022

Olszewski Announces 26 Additions on National Signing Day - Augustana University Athletics (goaugie.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Yes. And their fans have stated many times how their roster is depleted/decimated. So, only 16 is concerning for that program.
        One would think HC Underwood would be more discerning about recruits. Is it possible he would save some scholarships for next season? or would the administration expect student numbers.

Comment

Bemidji inks 25. Go to bottom of page, two very machismo names on DL

BSUBeavers.com | 2022 National Signing Day features 25 newcomers for Beaver Football

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

We just had a coaching change like two weeks ago. I'm not surprised it's smaller right now. Guessing there could still be additions, and hopefully not as many defections from this group.

Comment

UIU's class, haven't had time to go through it all yet, but good numbers: https://uiupeacocks.com/news/2022/2/...gning-day.aspx

Comment

17 announced today for SMSU.

https://smsumustangs.com/news/2022/2...wednesday.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

We just had a coaching change like two weeks ago. I'm not surprised it's smaller right now. Guessing there could still be additions, and hopefully not as many defections from this group.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                    In passing I saw USF had 19....a healthy portion of that is on the OL/DL..plenty of 6'4 290 types (good body sizes). 2 of theirs were xfers....one was Winona WR Ethan Wittenburg (grad xfer)

https://usfcougars.com/news/2022/2/1...ing-class.aspx
                    I went to USF's signing event tonight. I was impressed with the physical size of the recruiting class. Coach Anderson announced that the average height of the kids they signed this year was 6' 5".

Comment

Anyone's best guess at the top 3 classes? Any players with D1 offers that chose to play NSIC football?

Comment

Looks like the Augie quarterback battle this fall will come down to the Utah transfer, Carter Robinson; the incoming freshman from California, Gunnar Hensley; and possibly senior-to-be Connor Neil (he's played so little, it's tough to know if he's in the mix). In any case, I think patience will be word for Augie fans in 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by NSICFballFan View Post
                          Anyone's best guess at the top 3 classes? Any players with D1 offers that chose to play NSIC football?
                          No idea on the top 3 classes, as I haven't studied everyone enough to make an educated guess.

Regarding D1 offers, at the USF event they mentioned two different kids that had offers from Wisconsin but chose USF due to the school being a better fit for what they wanted. My memory isn't recalling their names. I think one was a tight end and one was an OL, but don't quote me on that.

Comment

Originally posted by NSICFballFan View Post
                            In the FBS world it's far easier to determine something like this since the guys are already rated and have a certain amount of stars and so forth. That information makes things very much a calculation or numbers thing. There isn't that same type of transparency at our level. At D2 with 14 teams in the league, it would be an immense task considering these aren't just MN kids or even Midwest kids....instead you see plenty of skill guys and corners from CA, FL, AZ..and such. There's been releases of who did the best in the NSIC, among kids from MN....I've always laughed at that. If you look at an all-conference team, maybe 20-30% of the kids are MN kids. So that doesn't tell much a story, especially with almost half the league not in MN.

I'd say the best indication of how good an athlete might be (upside) is if you're seeing FCS or FBS schools following a player on twitter. That in itself can be challenging to research (very manual process)..and with that Mankato often has the most that fit that description. But then again, not every program has become real involved in the portal..and that might be even more important these days. As far as transfers go, Northern did very well with that, Wayne did also. Mankato tried but things didn't mesh.

SMSU is going to need to find more players in the coming months..now that they've got things mostly figured out on the coaching side..otherwise they'll risk a lack or depth and potentially..talent. They still have time....you'll see every team adding a body or a handful, yet.

Comment

I was surprised at the size of the class Northern signed this year. But, the new staff is still somewhat settling in just having completed their first season of games. I would expect there is still a good amount of turnover from some Dosch recruits that stayed for a season. I know some of the transfers (if not all) are already on campus so they will be in spring camp. I'm looking forward to next season, hopefully the Wolves can continue and improve upon the success from last season.

Comment

WSC signs 24 (22 freshmen, 2 transfers)

https://wscwildcats.com/news/2022/2/...gning-day.aspx

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X