Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tman28 View Post
    Augie is a dangerous team yall! Very deep and talented on offense on oline, RB (2nd best in the leauge), and WR(best duo imo). And that defense has been very stout thus far. As a USF fan I was hoping this wouldn't be the case to tell you the truth lol. But good group of young men and a high character coach. At the top four of the NSIC with a chance at the playoffs this year imo
    Thanks, They need to make hay while the sun shines as farmers or Laker used to say. Augie graduates a lot of players on offense at the school year. Don't know if their up to MSU, BSU and UMD level. I enjoy watching games and ar my age don't ger upset at losses. D2 is so pure compared to big time college sports and that why I'm watching the Wolves right now.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Thanks, They need to make hay while the sun shines as farmers or Laker used to say. Augie graduates a lot of players on offense at the school year. Don't know if their up to MSU, BSU and UMD level. I enjoy watching games and ar my age don't ger upset at losses. D2 is so pure compared to big time college sports and that why I'm watching the Wolves right now.
      Wondering how many offensive sets Augie has where they could roll out 3 of the 4 stud WRs, (Uttech, Fischer, Bauer, Jones) than Lampkin and Epperson in the backfield at the same time. With as dynamic as your QB is might be nightmare matchups all over the field for any defense to handle. Now he'd have to think on his feet without that TE and make the right reads.

Comment

Originally posted by tman28 View Post
        Augie is a dangerous team yall! Very deep and talented on offense on oline, RB (2nd best in the leauge), and WR(best duo imo). And that defense has been very stout thus far. As a USF fan I was hoping this wouldn't be the case to tell you the truth lol. But good group of young men and a high character coach. At the top four of the NSIC with a chance at the playoffs this year imo
        I hope you are right. Soft schedule to start so maybe that gets the motor going and allows them to ramp up as the season progresses. I am so super proud of the O-Line, hope they keep it up as injuries occur, weather changes and opponents stiffen up. Could not agree more with the statement good group of young men and high character head coach. Feels like the high character quality is actually more of the norm in NSIC than a rarity, but that is my view from a distance.

See yall at the Key Game (hopefully)!

Comment

Matt Zimmer story on Augustana vs. Concordia St. Paul. I'm in agreement with Matt about Viking run game being somewhat stagnant. Hoping Jarod Epperson regains his pre-injury form as a dynamic running back. Cannot complain about the defensive effort in two games so far only surrendering 10 points. Hope the camera work at Sea Foam stadium is better than work at Chadron, which was blurry and so far away you couldn't make out player numbers until zoom replay.

What to know about Augustana at Concordia-St. Paul - Sioux Falls Live | Sioux Falls news and weather

Comment

Okay, y'all, this will be the first Key Game I will attend that is at the Bob. Got the link that showed where to park and where the visiting team is supposed to tailgate. From y'all with more experience, do Augie folks tailgate at the Bob, or is it more of just show up and go to the game? Hoping to get there Friday in time to see Witt and the Boss Hog Pizza challenge but not sure will make it, certainly will see y'all at the game though.

Comment

Originally posted by WPHB View Post
              Okay, y'all, this will be the first Key Game I will attend that is at the Bob. Got the link that showed where to park and where the visiting team is supposed to tailgate. From y'all with more experience, do Augie folks tailgate at the Bob, or is it more of just show up and go to the game? Hoping to get there Friday in time to see Witt and the Boss Hog Pizza challenge but not sure will make it, certainly will see y'all at the game though.
              FYI - the lot outside the stadium is paid (cash) and I imagine will fill up fast for this game. A lot of people park at the clinic across the street, that's where I will be parking.

Just a heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

FYI - the lot outside the stadium is paid (cash) and I imagine will fill up fast for this game. A lot of people park at the clinic across the street, that's where I will be parking.

Just a heads up.
                This is good info. And makes me think we need a thread (likely off-season but it may still be early enough) to discuss tailgate/parking/pregame situations. There have been a few iterations of the NSIC Restaurant Guide, but I don’t recall a thread about pregame info.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

This is good info. And makes me think we need a thread (likely off-season but it may still be early enough) to discuss tailgate/parking/pregame situations. There have been a few iterations of the NSIC Restaurant Guide, but I don’t recall a thread about pregame info.
                  That would be helpful. I haven't been to a ton of NSIC stadiums, but I've definitely been caught off guard by the parking rules/fees at some of them. I'd never actively discourage skirting a paid lot at a small school, but it is an extra expense, I rarely carry cash, and sometimes the paid lots can be quite popular and fill to capacity (like USF). It's also not always obvious where I can/can't park at some of these stadiums.

Also for WPHB - ticket booth is to the right of the stadium entrance (hard to miss). USF sells reserved and GA tickets. Reserved would get you in the second deck which is a nice view, but GA would cover the visitors section. I'll be bumming around the stadium in black St. Paul Saints hat if you want to say hi.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

This would be a great idea...tailgating, hotels, food, other tips, and attractions for each school in case we're up for a road game!

Comment

Excellent story by Matt Zimmer on Key to the City game

Zimmer: Augustana is the favorite in the Key to the City game, but that's never bothered USF before - Sioux Falls Live | Sioux Falls news and weather

Comment

Hey gang, sorry for the long-winded story...seemed like a really good game after the weather delay. Wish I could have been at the game. Got to SF, made it to the stadium, and got an emergency call to go back to Texas! I didn't even get a refund on my $5 parking!

I was able to listen to the game on the way home. The Augie feed wouldn't load for some reason and got to listen to the USF feed. If you haven't listened to Tom call a game, you need to. It was super cool to hear him announce the game, give back stories, and work in all of his knowledge during/between plays. He kept me interested from the start to the end.

To my chat brethren, I will catch yall this week as I plan to return for the SW game at KO. Mustang, sorry I didn't get the chance to meet you. Will definitely keep looking for other posters to at least put a name with a face, as I learned this weekend that my reason for the drive is going to redshirt this year. So that guarantees at least three more key games and three more spring games for me to go up there.

Comment

Hey gang, sorry for the long-winded story...seemed like a really good game after the weather delay. Wish I could have been at the game. Got to SF, made it to the stadium, and got an emergency call to go back to Texas! I didn't even get a refund on my $5 parking!

I was able to listen to the game on the way home. The Augie feed wouldn't load for some reason and got to listen to the USF feed. If you haven't listened to Tom call a game, you need to. It was super cool to hear him announce the game, give back stories, and work in all of his knowledge during/between plays. He kept me interested from the start to the end.

To my chat brethren, I will catch yall this week as I plan to return for the SW game at KO. Mustang, sorry I didn't get the chance to meet you. Will definitely keep looking for other posters to at least put a name with a face, as I learned this weekend that my reason for the drive is going to redshirt this year. So that guarantees at least three more key games and three more spring games for me to go up there.
                          No worries! I hope all is well, that's more important.

I usually like to get down to SF when SMSU plays in anything, but I'll be in Minneapolis this weekend for the Little Brown Jug. I wouldn't rule out a later-season visit to the KO though.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

No worries! I hope all is well, that's more important.

I usually like to get down to SF when SMSU plays in anything, but I'll be in Minneapolis this weekend for the Little Brown Jug. I wouldn't rule out a later-season visit to the KO though.
                            Ever the traveling man you are. When I wore a younger man's shoes traveled to many D2 and D1 games. In Jan. 1988 Through a relative got a ticket to Allen fieldhouse in Lawrence KS. what an experience, they beat Missouri. 2 months later they were NC.

Maybe UMTC will do better than the corny huskers

Comment

Hoping my wife is up to driving me to Sioux Falls, she says she will. I cannot take hot weather anymore; the forecast is around 60 degrees. If you come I will be at the 50 yard line handicap cut-out in my 6 wheel buggy. I'm
                              "green" no fossil fuels for me. I drtve an electric haha.

Here is Sioux Falls live on KTTC game

High-octane Augustana offense smothers Sioux Falls in Key to the City showdown - Sioux Falls Live | Sioux Falls news and weather

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Ever the traveling man you are. When I wore a younger man's shoes traveled to many D2 and D1 games. In Jan. 1988 Through a relative got a ticket to Allen fieldhouse in Lawrence KS. what an experience, they beat Missouri. 2 months later they were NC.

Maybe UMTC will do better than the corny huskers
                                I'm no Laker, but a road warrior in my own right. Though I've found my geography really helps. Hour to SF, hour to Marshall, Mankato, Aberdeen, and Minneapolis aren't ultra far away. Then of course I have the Jacks in town. I'll settle down at some point, but for now - it's a lot of fun.

It's funny but my grandpa is in his 80's. He's from Michigan originally and has never seen his Blue play in person. He'll find out what he's doing Saturday about the time we pull into the U of M. He retired a few years ago and tags along with me to games when he's not busy doing other things. It's been a real blast. Though I made sure to tell my grandma what I'm doing so she can keep his schedule open...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X