Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tman28 View Post
    Augie is a dangerous team yall! Very deep and talented on offense on oline, RB (2nd best in the leauge), and WR(best duo imo). And that defense has been very stout thus far. As a USF fan I was hoping this wouldn't be the case to tell you the truth lol. But good group of young men and a high character coach. At the top four of the NSIC with a chance at the playoffs this year imo
    Not sure I'd throw Epperson as the #2 RB in the NSIC this year or put their WR "duo" (which two as Augie's top 4 WR are all about the same stat wise) as the best.
    Index Player G ATT YDS AVG TD LONG AVG/G
    1 Lawson Jr,Shen Butler (Minnesota State ) 5 103 902 8.8 11 80 180.4
    2 Walljasper,Kyle (Minnesota Duluth) 5 71 548 7.7 9 52 109.6
    3 Richardson,Jaylin (Concordia-St. Paul) 5 83 422 5.1 2 42 84.4
    4 Boyd ,Latravious (Wayne State College) 5 49 409 8.3 5 87 81.8
    5 Austin,Donald (Southwest Minnesota State) 5 97 407 4.2 1 37 81.4
    6 Rudningen,Dylan (Sioux Falls) 5 64 401 6.3 6 42 80.2
    7 Lovett,Evan (Minot State) 4 46 271 5.9 2 29 67.8
    8 West,Myles (Minot State) 5 56 328 5.9 2 49 65.6
    9 Mohamed,Ali (Bemidji State) 5 58 302 5.2 4 57 60.4
    10 Epperson,Jarod (Augustana) 5 57 287 5 3 53 57.4
    11 Vasser,Christian (Minnesota State ) 4 28 224 8 1 58 56
    12 Forgy,Dawson (Wayne State College) 5 49 267 5.4 2 40 53.4
    13 Dean,Camden (Sioux Falls) 5 46 260 5.7 5 59 52
    14 Hendred,Cair'ron (Winona State) 5 39 246 6.3 2 61 49.2
    15 Hornacek,Daniel (Concordia-St. Paul) 5 28 212 7.6 2 52 42.4

Good news is Augie has beaten the teams they should have this year (just like last year) and are putting themselves in a position to make a playoff run. Similar to Duluth, we will see soon enough if both teams are for real. Augie may have to beat BSU and Duluth may have to beat Mankato to secure their playoff spot(s). Both are the final games for each team.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

It's funny but my grandpa is in his 80's. He's from Michigan originally and has never seen his Blue play in person. He'll find out what he's doing Saturday about the time we pull into the U of M.
      Mustang that is awesome! Good on you. Also, smart move to keep Grandma apprised of the situation so she doesn't have a bunch of chores for him to do on Saturday. Wishing yall good safe travels and a great game!

Comment

Originally posted by WPHB View Post

Mustang that is awesome! Good on you. Also, smart move to keep Grandma apprised of the situation so she doesn't have a bunch of chores for him to do on Saturday. Wishing yall good safe travels and a great game!
        Appreciate it! He's quite active in his '80s. He's always been that way. If Grandma tells him to keep the day open, he's gonna keep the day open haha...

It'll be fun for me too, I had a relative play for Michigan in my childhood, so I always gravitated towards them as my favorite FBS team but I've never gotten to see them play either. Never had a strong connection to the Goofers, lots of Augie and St. John's alums where I grew up with a sprinkling of other area colleges, so the Goofs were never really on my radar.

Just texted him and told him I'll be over in the morning - didn't say for what though lol

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFan View Post

Not sure I'd throw Epperson as the #2 RB in the NSIC this year or put their WR "duo" (which two as Augie's top 4 WR are all about the same stat wise) as the best.
          Index Player G ATT YDS AVG TD LONG AVG/G
          1 Lawson Jr,Shen Butler (Minnesota State ) 5 103 902 8.8 11 80 180.4
          2 Walljasper,Kyle (Minnesota Duluth) 5 71 548 7.7 9 52 109.6
          3 Richardson,Jaylin (Concordia-St. Paul) 5 83 422 5.1 2 42 84.4
          4 Boyd ,Latravious (Wayne State College) 5 49 409 8.3 5 87 81.8
          5 Austin,Donald (Southwest Minnesota State) 5 97 407 4.2 1 37 81.4
          6 Rudningen,Dylan (Sioux Falls) 5 64 401 6.3 6 42 80.2
          7 Lovett,Evan (Minot State) 4 46 271 5.9 2 29 67.8
          8 West,Myles (Minot State) 5 56 328 5.9 2 49 65.6
          9 Mohamed,Ali (Bemidji State) 5 58 302 5.2 4 57 60.4
          10 Epperson,Jarod (Augustana) 5 57 287 5 3 53 57.4
          11 Vasser,Christian (Minnesota State ) 4 28 224 8 1 58 56
          12 Forgy,Dawson (Wayne State College) 5 49 267 5.4 2 40 53.4
          13 Dean,Camden (Sioux Falls) 5 46 260 5.7 5 59 52
          14 Hendred,Cair'ron (Winona State) 5 39 246 6.3 2 61 49.2
          15 Hornacek,Daniel (Concordia-St. Paul) 5 28 212 7.6 2 52 42.4

Good news is Augie has beaten the teams they should have this year (just like last year) and are putting themselves in a position to make a playoff run. Similar to Duluth, we will see soon enough if both teams are for real. Augie may have to beat BSU and Duluth may have to beat Mankato to secure their playoff spot(s). Both are the final games for each team.
          No im referring to the tandem of the two rbs. Hes definitely not the 2nd best RB in the league. And they havnt proven that the talent they possess translates on the field. Epperson is a two time all nsic player and doesnt have the numbers to back it up. But they are winning, which is what their fans probably care about more.

Comment

Truth and consequences time for Augustana. No doubt their first six games were softer, beating MSUM was no easy task. 5 very hard games left. I'm hoping Vikings lose no more then 2 of the contests. Augie strong on all three phases of football, offense, defense, and special teams.

1. Winona St. They are undefeated at home, although Augie will be the best team they will have faced in Winona thus far. Really don't know what to expect. Road games against BSU and UMD Warriors were solidly beat. I like Augie in this game.

2. Mn. St. The good is it's a home game, the bad it's against the mighty Mavs. Dragons went toe to toe against MSU which gives me hope. Mavs are a power running team that throws enough to keep defenses honest. Their defense has given up points this season. Vikings have a 40% opportunity of an upset.

3. At Wayne America. Another scary contest. Wayne hasn't lost at home, including a 10-point victory over Duluth. They have the trusty arm of Nick Bohn and the dynamic legs of Latravious Boyd. Waynes done an excellent job recruiting. These two teams have played many close games. Thinking AU will pull this game out.

4. At Northern St. Every streak comes to an end. Vikings have a 13 game winning streak that spans 20 years. Augie's 1st game at the Bank. Wolves and their fans salivate at the thought of beating Vikings. Do not think this is the year the streak ends. Vikings very good, Wolves very average.

5. Beavers of Bemidji at Augie. These two outfits have had many great games over the years. Seems like Brandon Alt has been in Bemidji for about a decade. Two upper-class teams going to football war. 50/50 on winner.

I may be a fool on my predictions, but I'm an optimistic fool.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

1. Winona St. They are undefeated at home, although Augie will be the best team they will have faced in Winona thus far. Really don't know what to expect. Road games against BSU and UMD Warriors were solidly beat. I like Augie in this game.

2. Mn. St. The good is it's a home game, the bad it's against the mighty Mavs. Dragons went toe to toe against MSU which gives me hope. Mavs are a power running team that throws enough to keep defenses honest. Their defense has given up points this season. Vikings have a 40% opportunity of an upset.

3. At Wayne America. Another scary contest. Wayne hasn't lost at home, including a 10-point victory over Duluth. They have the trusty arm of Nick Bohn and the dynamic legs of Latravious Boyd. Waynes done an excellent job recruiting. These two teams have played many close games. Thinking AU will pull this game out.

4. At Northern St. Every streak comes to an end. Vikings have a 13 game winning streak that spans 20 years. Augie's 1st game at the Bank. Wolves and their fans salivate at the thought of beating Vikings. Do not think this is the year the streak ends. Vikings very good, Wolves very average.

5. Beavers of Bemidji at Augie. These two outfits have had many great games over the years. Seems like Brandon Alt has been in Bemidji for about a decade. Two upper-class teams going to football war. 50/50 on winner.
              We will be fools together. Winona presents an interesting opponent- looks like fairly balanced rush and pass, lower half of conf in off and upper half of conf in def. Won the games they were supposed to and lost the ones that they were supposed to (no clue what the expectation was for Saginaw Valley non-conf game). Think Augie wins

Kato- Think the Moorhead game was a fluke for them. Mavs are a team that you better get an early lead on and still pretend like you are down by 21. May take some very aggressive plays to win this one. Kato wins.

WSC- Not sure who Wayne is right now. Kinda like Winona, win the ones you are supposed to, UNTIL UMD came to town. That was not expected, so good for them. Will reserve any prediction until after the Wayne Bemidji game.

Northern - Tough way to start the year with Beavers and Bulldogs. That can have an effect on the players mindsets. Loss to Moorhead was tough. I know that Northern really gets up for the Augie game, but think that Augie will prevail.

Bemidji - Tough task facing them last game of the year. North and South should already be decided, but playoffs and seeding probably looming large for both teams. I think Bemidji takes this one.

I have Augie 2-2 on the remaining games with the WSC game to be determined after they play Bemidji.

Comment

This might sound crazy, but i would not be shocked to see Augie go 4-1 over this next stretch of games, or 1-4. I would say Wayne/Augie is a tossup. They are probably touchdown favorites on the road at Winona but that is a tough place to play. Same with Northern.

Comment

Wow! Defense stood on its head and seemed to pull out all the right plays at the right time. Prolate Spheroids bounce in funny ways and that is why we keep watching. Some really good things to come out of that game, but would be super easy to forget that we are now traveling to Wayne America and that is likely to be some pretty pissed-off Wildcats. Gotta keep the focus on Wayne and flush all the Kato stuff. Can relive that at the end of the season. 1-0.

Comment

Augie stuck it to Summit League member Denver in hockey tonight.

Congrats...

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                      Augie stuck it to Summit League member Denver in hockey tonight.

Congrats...
                      They along with sdsu and usd voted Augie down. #2 denver got beat by a bunch of castoffs from other teams and freshmen. Too bad it was an exhibition game.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

They along with sdsu and usd voted Augie down. #2 denver got beat by a bunch of castoffs from other teams and freshmen. Too bad it was an exhibition game.
                        I don't understand how this works, but apparently the game itself counts as a tie, just the shootout to decide the game-winner was an exhibition.

I'm a long way away from understanding the rules of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

I don't understand how this works, but apparently the game itself counts as a tie, just the shootout to decide the game-winner was an exhibition.

I'm a long way away from understanding the rules of hockey.
                          It's a weird NCAA thing since it was a non-con game. NCAA counts it as a tie, and the shootout was just an exhibition more or less.

That won'r be the case in CCHA games, I believe.

Lame rule but it is what it is. Still a nice feather in the hat of a young program

Comment

Augie just took care of Colorado College in regulation tonight 4-3. Is Coach Rabs the greatest coach ever?

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                              Augie just took care of Colorado College in regulation tonight 4-3. Is Coach Rabs the greatest coach ever?
                              I asked a couple of hockey guys on a forum if AU would winless in their inaugural season They thought Vikings would get a couple . Consider job done. I'm impressed with coach Raboin, Also with AD Morton for hiring right guy.

Comment

My measuring stick for AU in year 1 was UST in their year 1. It's absolutely an apples-to-oranges comparison that I'm still choosing to make regardless - and AU is doing much better than UST did, and saying that this early is something.

I rarely give props to any hockey team other than my own - but Augie is putting together an interesting season. They weren't going to beat Mike Hastings and Wisconsin - but it seems anything after that is fair game.

Will keep an eye on you guys since you are technically my local team now.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X