Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUGUSTANA VIKINGS 2023 VFND

Okay, we are two months into the new year.

We got a new Offensive Coordinator.
    New Schedule is out with our non-conference game.
    The new recruiting class is done or at least mostly done.
    OJ is excited about the year.
    And so am I. Let's wash the taste of last year out and begin anew!

Let's Go Vikes and Viking Fight Never Dies.

Let's have a great 2023! Fight On!!!

Comment

Got it from a very unreliable source that the Spring Game will be on April 29th. Time for a road trip to Sioux Falls. Never been to Spring Game there, so not sure what the Spring Game Tailgate scene at K-O will be. Someone let me know, so I know what to bring.

Comment

Originally posted by WPHB View Post
        Got it from a very unreliable source that the Spring Game will be on April 29th. Time for a road trip to Sioux Falls. Never been to Spring Game there, so not sure what the Spring Game Tailgate scene at K-O will be. Someone let me know, so I know what to bring.
        When I went last year it was a good time! You should start planning that trip from West Texas!

Comment

I saw that the snow was pushed to the sidelines and spring football is underway. School really needs to get a bubble over track and football practice facility. In this very cold spring and 5th snowiest in Sioux Falls history I especially feel for the softball and baseball teams, warm weather should come soon. Anybody have some news? Has Casey Bauman stayed around, if he has, I believe he could have a great season.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
            I saw that the snow was pushed to the sidelines and spring football is underway. School really needs to get a bubble over track and football practice facility. In this very cold spring and 5th snowiest in Sioux Falls history I especially feel for the softball and baseball teams, warm weather should come soon. Anybody have some news? Has Casey Bauman stayed around, if he has, I believe he could have a great season.
            A bubble is incredibly useful. The one at MSU is always busy. You can play soccer or softball games there. Great for practice too. Even have other teams pay to use it. Well worthwhile.

Comment

Yep Casey is still on the roster. I heard he seemed to be throwing the ball better this spring than last year and I get it's only been three practices. I was hoping Gunner Hensley was healthy this spring and see what he could do.

Comment

I agree on looking forward to seeing Gunner perform. Think he is gonna do really well.

Comment

Originally posted by AU guy View Post

Yep Casey is still on the roster. I heard he seemed to be throwing the ball better this spring than last year and I get it's only been three practices. I was hoping Gunner Hensley was healthy this spring and see what he could do.
                  Competiton at the quarterback position should be hot this fall between Bauman, Hensley, Molander and Scholten. Maybe I'm ignorant, but why is the position called quarterback?

Comment

Competiton at the quarterback position should be hot this fall between Bauman, Hensley, Molander and Scholten. Maybe I'm ignorant, but why is the position called quarterback?
                    Even more of a puzzler: there's a quarterback, halfback and fullback. What happened to the three-quarterback?

Comment

I might be wrong on this but I don't think Molander sniffs the field next year. Nothing against him but it's so tough for a true freshman to be on the field and I think they give the current guys all the opportunity to succeed. Also Connor Neill is getting reps as a 6-year guy this spring. Maybe it finally clicks for him. I'm putting my money on Bauman or Hensley being the starter on September 2nd.

Comment

My thoughts (without having seen anything in the Spring yet) is that Bauman is the guy until/unless somebody really shows out and passes him..and I just think he's got all the physical tools by a distance and last year things didn't process quickly in the passing game and the quarterback was pressured a lot against the better defenses. I'm thinking Augie might move in the direction of less deep drops with the QB and things happening more quickly in terms of getting rid of the rock. The Vikings still have plenty of top weapons returning on offense..

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                          My thoughts (without having seen anything in the Spring yet) is that Bauman is the guy until/unless somebody really shows out and passes him..and I just think he's got all the physical tools by a distance and last year things didn't process quickly in the passing game and the quarterback was pressured a lot against the better defenses. I'm thinking Augie might move in the direction of less deep drops with the QB and things happening more quickly in terms of getting rid of the rock. The Vikings still have plenty of top weapons returning on offense..
                          Totally agree he has all the tools and he will probably be the guy to start next year. I don't know how many Augie games you saw last year, yes there was pressure but I also felt the QB's held the ball at times and it's ok to tuck it and run if that's your only option. Not sure it that was do to with Shrenk's offense just wanting to go deep but AU has one of the best pass catching TE's in the NSIC and didn't really use him after week 3. Let's throw some quick routes. Hopefully Pao Pao will use all the weapons because there are couple really good RB's that were hurt last year too.

Comment

I was hoping Bauman would hit the portal but it doesn't appear we'll be that lucky. Due to the OC change I will begrudgingly give him another chance, but I hope it will be a short leash. Obviously he's big and fairly mobile but he was not a good passer last year which is one of the main reasons Augie struggled against the playoff contending teams.
                            Last edited by Augieholic; 03-28-2023, 08:09 AM.

Comment

It's my belief that Bauman did not get time to get his play together, he hadn't started a game in 3 seasons, plus dealing with a bad shoulder. The high number of sacks on Augie QB's was partially due to a offensive system that called for many deep passes and holding onto the football, waiting for receivers to get open as "Witt" stated under new OC there will be more quick short passes. The sacks really bothered HC Olszewski he was standing behind QB's counting to 3 in practice late in season. The good thing is there will much more competition at the position "may the best man win"

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X