Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Thanks, I learned something new today already. Is there a penalty for Icing?
    No penalty for icing the puck. However the team that ices the puck is not allowed to make a line change. If they're at the end of their shift or been on the ice for longer, they still have to get the puck out the zone before getting off the ice. This can get a little tricky in the second period when their bench is farther from their defensive zone.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

So no shooting the puck from your side of the center line unless said team has a player in the penalty box?
      Pretty much.

It's quite common though, a lot of missed passes and such go the length of the ice. It's not the end of the world and as others have mentioned, it can be a strategy.

One last thing I should mention is if a team pulls their goalie for an extra attacker, icing will still be called. So just because a team has more skaters than the other doesn't mean icing won't be called. It only applies on a power play (after a penalty). If that makes sense...

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

From their side of the center line.

Augie could be a big time player in college hockey sooner than later. Hockey fans in Sioux Falls should be very excited.
        Yes, that's a better description. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

njmav1 really drove it home nicely, I defer your thanks to him 👍🏻 Haha

Comment

NJMav really drove it home nicely, I defer your thanks to him 👍🏻 Haha
            Look at us Mav fans, helping the Augie faithful! :D

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Shhhhh….shut up!! We can’t be seen working together in public like this. Hurts the image.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Oh SW, you know in a couple of years you will be a season ticket holder at MidCo, and wearing your Blue and Gold sweater shouting "SKOL" at the top of your lungs.

Comment

Shhhhh….shut up!! We can’t be seen working together in public like this. Hurts the image.
                  I just want the Augie fans to understand what's happening when we beat them in January. That's all, haha. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by WPHB View Post

Oh SW, you know in a couple of years you will be a season ticket holder at MidCo, and wearing your Blue and Gold sweater shouting "SKOL" at the top of your lungs.
                    My doctor advised me not to wear any Augustana merch as it might irritate my skin. ;)

Comment

• One thing I thought was odd about Midco Arena was the size. Obviously there were constraints with location/funding, but 3,500 is quite small for such a large market. Then I realized Augie will likely play their bigger non-con games at the DSPC, and everything else on campus going forward (though that's just speculation on my part).

On top of that they would also have the IcePlex to use for practices, at least I know that's what they are currently doing.

That's a pretty sweet arrangement that most colleges would love to have. Obviously the downside is not everything stays on campus, but not a lot of schools play on campus anyway.

The DSPC is like a mini NHL arena. SF is lucky to have that facility and I hope Augie takes full advantage of using it for their bigger games.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

I just want the Augie fans to understand what's happening when we beat them in January. That's all, haha. ;)
                        We need to find some scoring. That power play needs work.

Comment

• Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

Yeah. Sounds like we're ringing shots off the post but can't get them in. Opening weekend against SCSU was a nice surprise.

I think we visit the great city of Sioux Falls on the 5th and 6th, I will obviously be there for both, but Augie is going to make it a game... I know that much.

Comment

• Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

0-8 against UMASS in the Saturday game the previous series. Their 6’7” goalie eats up most of the net and nearly all of the angles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

0-8 against UMASS in the Saturday game the previous series. Their 6’7” goalie eats up most of the net and nearly all of the angles.
                              I don't think it matters how big or small the goalie is. If he can't see the puck, then it's down to luck. This year's team needs more grit than past teams. I don't think they have the kind of skill we're used to.

Comment

• Is Northern State University a trap game? Undeniably Wolves have some talented players yet their season took a real blow last week losing to a capable Golden Bear team in St. Paul. I know many NSU fans have an intense dislike for Augustana for a variety of reasons. Do their players share that sentiment as many are from distant states? However, beating Augie and currently winless N. Michigan in Marquette would give them a winning season at 6-5. I'm sure coach Schmidt's sermon to his players will include that.\Wolves found a way to beat WSC and why not the Vikings who just lost to WSC.

Augustana has to be kicking themselves for losing to Wayne in a blinding snowstorm. The lopsided statistics would suggest that Augie won, but it was a loss. When the regional rankings came out Monday they were #5 seed. With a win they could have been the #2 seed. The weather looks good in Aberdeen on Saturday and with pheasant season, the crowds are generally smaller late in the season. This seasons Vikings are a talented team and I have to believe want to right the ship. Sure wish I could be at the Bank for this in-state clash.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X