Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 3 NSIC Game Chat

Games for Week #3 (9/16)
    McKendree at Minnesota State-Moorhead (-13.5)
    Sioux Falls at Minnesota-Duluth (-7.5)
    Winona State at Bemidji State (-10.5)
    Minnesota State-Mankato (-36.5) at Minot State
    Southwest Minnesota State at Wayne State (-17.5)
    Mary at Northern State (-12.5)
    Augustana (-23.5) at Concordia-St. Paul

Lines courtesy of Massey (I know, not necessarily very accurate but it gives some sort of idea on games)

We should do our pick-em using Massey odds, It would make picking more interesting than straight up picks. They do odds picks on the RMAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post
      Games for Week #3 (9/16)

Lines courtesy of Massey (I know, not necessarily very accurate but it gives some sort of idea on games)
      I probably wouldn't pick us outright, but I think that's a favorable spread that SMSU has a decent chance to beat. Gotta punch it in to the end zone though. Sounds easy enough, but Mustangs have been held to 16 or fewer points in the last 5 games of the WSC series (streak of 11 games of 20+ points before that).

Comment

As someone who knows nothing about sporting gambling and spreads I take it that Moorhead having a -13.5 means they are the favorites? Feel free to laugh at my incompetence but I know nothing about gambling. Listening to my friends talk about it makes me think they are speaking another language.

Comment

Games for Week #3 (9/16)

I'll take Mary +12.5, for five units, thanks

Comment

Duluth at 7.5 (more like 10) seems a little low as Does Northern at 12.5 (more like 14).
            wayne at 17.5 seem a little high (more like 12-14)
            Hate to say it, but Mankato might be a little low at 36.5.

adding the spread makes it more interesting.
            Some of these D2 point spreads might not be super accurate.

Games for Week #3 (9/16)

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post
              As someone who knows nothing about sporting gambling and spreads I take it that Moorhead having a -13.5 means they are the favorites? Feel free to laugh at my incompetence but I know nothing about gambling. Listening to my friends talk about it makes me think they are speaking another language.
              I'm a sport betting fool as well. I believe -13.5 means favored. Someone correct me if I'm wrong? Does the .5 mean your pick has to win or lose by 1.5?

Comment

I know that you can score one point on a rouge in the CFL, but I can't figure out how you score a half a point. Good thing that I don't bet on games.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

I'm a sport betting fool as well. I believe -13.5 means favored. Someone correct me if I'm wrong? Does the .5 mean your pick has to win or lose by 1.5?
                  The .5 is put into most lines to avoid a push. You can’t win by 6.5 points, but you can win by 7.

And yes, the ‘minus’ team is the favorite. They are ‘giving’ that many points. And the ‘plus’ teams are ‘getting’ that many points.

Comment

Well now that I know what's going on, the next logical step is to set up an underground NSIC betting ring.

Comment

I'm thinking SW will cover the -17.5 and in the battle of MSU teams Mankato will cover the +36-5. Kato seems to drop 60+ on much weaker opponents.

Comment

Well now that I know what's going on, the next logical step is to set up an underground NSIC betting ring.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

You're an odd duck Laker, but you have given me lots laughs over the years.

Comment

Last week we studied the legalities of UMCs logo, this week he told us about the time he got in trouble because of the Stanley Cup - mind you this is not a class that has anything to do with sports.

Next week, I'm bracing to hear about the time MSU wanted a horse logo but was denied.

Anyway, it's likely another FCS weekend for me in Minneapolis. Would like to see the Stangs be competitive but I think Wayne will pull this one out.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

The .5 is put into most lines to avoid a push. You can’t win by 6.5 points, but you can win by 7.

And yes, the ‘minus’ team is the favorite. They are ‘giving’ that many points. And the ‘plus’ teams are ‘getting’ that many points.
                              Beware the hook

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X