Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 3 - NSIC Weekly (Youtube) - Interview with Coach Brent Bolte (BSU)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 3 - NSIC Weekly (Youtube) - Interview with Coach Brent Bolte (BSU)

https://www.youtube.com/live/r8y0N_h...QH6MkVXlAcYvYM

The show will drop tonight at 7pm, if yous got nothing better to do. It'll also be on twitter..on the D2 Football account.

If you haven't watched the show, give it a try. We review the games from a week ago and predict this weekend, along with talking about our Boss' Pizza Challenge at the end of the month..as they are our show sponsor.

..oh yes, Bemidji State head coach Brent Bolte also joins us to chat.

Look forward to it every week.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing show tonight.

Comment

When show started I heard a squeaking noise and looked up at my ceiling fan thinking it was breaking down. After a few minutes I realized it was Birds singing. As a former bord owner I enjoy their music.

As a member of the wrong side of 60 club Tom was really dating himself repeatedly. Lou Gehrig indeed. Wonder if Tom liked Lenny Bruce...A bit obscene for the 60's

You have to give Brent Bolte credit for building a great program. Far North where hockey is the #1 sport in a stadium built 100+ years ago and a small city, he has got it done.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
          When show started I heard a squeaking noise and looked up at my ceiling fan thinking it was breaking down. After a few minutes I realized it was Birds singing. As a former bord owner I enjoy their music.

As a member of the wrong side of 60 club Tom was really dating himself repeatedly. Lou Gehrig indeed. Wonder if Tom liked Lenny Bruce...A bit obscene for the 60's

You have to give Brent Bolte credit for building a great program. Far North where hockey is the #1 sport in a stadium built 100+ years ago and a small city, he has got it done.
          HAHA! It would seem that Tom's mic was peaking out at times and catching noises from around the room. I apologize for that guys, without an audio department (or really any real show production) this kinda thing might pop up from time to time. We are going to try a few new things for the next show with regard to connections and mics, etc.

You cannot say enough about the job Coach Bolte has done building things at BSU, no question. Nice guy also..and he came on the show on a moments notice.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

I think you have to give former coach Jeff Tesch some credit as well. He took a really struggling program and got the culture/stigma of Beaver football changed. Coach Bolte has really been able to add to that foundation and take it to the next level.
            Last edited by Millsy; 09-14-2023, 12:16 PM.
            Millsy

Comment

Originally posted by Millsy View Post

I think you have to give former coach Jeff Tesch some credit as well. He took a really struggling program and got the culture/stigma of Beaver football changed. Coach Bolte has really been able to that foundation and take it to the next level.
              Yeah I was about to say...I don't want to take anything away from Bolte, but he wasn't starting from ground zero with a bare cupboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Yeah I was about to say...I don't want to take anything away from Bolte, but he wasn't starting from ground zero with a bare cupboard.
                I get what's being said, but the squad had been struggling a lot with 3-8 and 3-8 in back to back years..and then got the train back no the track at 7-4 (no postseason) before Bolte took over and he's done the following..9-3, 8-3, 7-4, 8-3, 10-3 (playoffs), 10-3 (playoffs). He's truly taken the program from just another team in the conference to becoming a top 2-3 squad in the NSIC.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

I get what's being said, but the squad had been struggling a lot with 3-8 and 3-8 in back to back years..and then got the train back no the track at 7-4 (no postseason) before Bolte took over and he's done the following..9-3, 8-3, 7-4, 8-3, 10-3 (playoffs), 10-3 (playoffs). He's truly taken the program from just another team in the conference to becoming a top 2-3 squad in the NSIC.
                  Heck, when I was in college, I would have loved to have seen a 3 win season out of the Beavers!
                  Millsy

Comment

Fair, but Tesch had the team finishing with winning records in 14 of 15 season before those 3-8 years. I guess that's more what I was thinking about. But you're right, they never were really considered the cream of the crop until this Bolte run.

Comment

Driving up to SF for Key Game. May have to stop by and be one of the tens (or fives) of adoring fans watching Witt lose his lunch on the Ol 28'er. Might rethink toppings by the way. Extra cheese would be super heavy. Do something like pineapple or black olives with the pepperoni. Breaks up the flavor profile and isn't as heavy as the cheese. See ya at Boss!

Comment

Originally posted by WPHB View Post
                        Driving up to SF for Key Game. May have to stop by and be one of the tens (or fives) of adoring fans watching Witt lose his lunch on the Ol 28'er. Might rethink toppings by the way. Extra cheese would be super heavy. Do something like pineapple or black olives with the pepperoni. Breaks up the flavor profile and isn't as heavy as the cheese. See ya at Boss!
                        HAHA! Being from Chicago like I am..I don't do pineapple or taco pizza and such. Black olives..don't get me started! What we landed on ended up being a happy marriage with pizza for us. It's gonna crazy greasy, but oh well. I will be interested to see who shows up to watch..we might have a few people..or we might have 4 people..lol. IF you will be in-town, please stop over..it'll be fun.

Comment

Witt - Hate to be the bearer of bad news or maybe the rules stickler, but I always undestood the Boss Hog Challenge to require 3 toppings and two must be meat. The website agrees with me. Pepperoni and extra cheese still leaves you and Brandon one meat short. Plus the real ones know that the real challenge is to do 3 meats. My memory is getting foggy but I had some teammates back in the day attempt this challenge within a challenge a few times and came close but no cigar. That third meat is back breaker.
                          4x 'Crackerjack' NAIA National Champions - 1996, 2006, 2008, 2009
                          2016 NSIC Champions
                          🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑

Comment

Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
                            Witt - Hate to be the bearer of bad news or maybe the rules stickler, but I always undestood the Boss Hog Challenge to require 3 toppings and two must be meat. The website agrees with me. Pepperoni and extra cheese still leaves you and Brandon one meat short. Plus the real ones know that the real challenge is to do 3 meats. My memory is getting foggy but I had some teammates back in the day attempt this challenge within a challenge a few times and came close but no cigar. That third meat is back breaker.
                            That would be hilarious if we had it wrong.
                            Doh..just chatted with Jeremy the owner....he's good with extra cheese due to the weight that'll cause, but we do need another meat..argh! I will need to consult the D2 King and re-figure our gameplan. That does further complicate things!

Comment

That would be hilarious if we had it wrong.
                              Doh..just chatted with Jeremy the owner....he's good with extra cheese due to the weight that'll cause, but we do need another meat..argh! I will need to consult the D2 King and re-figure our gameplan. That does further complicate things!
                              I would do bacon. Generally bacon is crumbled into smaller pieces, and I would think it would take up less stomach space than other, larger proteins such as sausage, beef or chicken.

BTW, please let me know what time this is happening. I want to leave work early to come watch.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X