Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

Been a while since I've seen Northern's production, but my vote for the best in the NSIC goes to Moorhead. It's extremely professional level for a small university production.
    Great call here. MSUM is really good..and Northern is very close. Winona does well also = 2 guys in the booth who aren't students, good camera angles, not just the one main hard cam at the 50..etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 34blast View Post

Sioux Falls was pretty rough today, one camera in the middle that didn't follow the ball. Wife asked if a young kid was doing it on their phone. Anything over 15 yards you couldn't track the ball. The announcers were pretty good though.
      Agree here..with the one camera shot and it being not zoomed much at all..it's not a good watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Great call here. MSUM is really good..and Northern is very close. Winona does well also = 2 guys in the booth who aren't students, good camera angles, not just the one main hard cam at the 50..etc.
        I think the MSUM coverage benefits from having both a great broadcast journalism program and a strong film studies department, with students having a lot of crossover between the two.

Comment

On this topic, it always baffles me as to why some of the perennial powers in the NSIC haven't figured out how to put a good tv production together. This has probably been discussed many times on here, but it's really frustrating when I want to tune into an NSIC game and it feels like I'm watching a small ND high school's livestream. Seems like something all schools should make an effort to get right, but not much has changed for many of the schools in the 10 years I've been paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by IceBoxDragon View Post

I think the MSUM coverage benefits from having both a great broadcast journalism program and a strong film studies department, with students having a lot of crossover between the two.
            Let's not leave out the delightful descriptions of Steve D'Eustachio, the man is an artist.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Let's not leave out the delightful descriptions of Steve D'Eustachio, the man is an artist.
              Not only is he an artist, you can add genius to many talents. His fluid voice and knowledge especially on the hardwood are unmatched.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthDakotaDragon View Post

On this topic, it always baffles me as to why some of the perennial powers in the NSIC haven't figured out how to put a good tv production together. This has probably been discussed many times on here, but it's really frustrating when I want to tune into an NSIC game and it feels like I'm watching a small ND high school's livestream. Seems like something all schools should make an effort to get right, but not much has changed for many of the schools in the 10 years I've been paying attention.
                I think plenty of schools have a thought that if want to see their game..buy a ticket and support the program..because they aren't making $$ off the stream. Plenty of small schools aren't trying to throw a bunch of resources at it either..is what I've found. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just sayin.

Comment

I think plenty of schools have a thought that if want to see their game..buy a ticket and support the program..because they aren't making $$ off the stream. Plenty of small schools aren't trying to throw a bunch of resources at it either..is what I've found. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just sayin.
                  If your kid is playing or friend of a player and you live really far away, it's tough to make every game. So I really appreciate the streams!
                  I drove to Saginaw to watch, a few people watched at home and had to pay. Theirs required payment. It is pretty good though and even has instant replay.

Comment

Whose making money on the commercials?

Comment

Originally posted by TJE_ View Post

Anyone who airs local commercials to broadcast during their games, I'd guess

That said, I believe we will be paying for stream shortly. Which is fine, and makes sense, as long as school use that money toward the broadcast.

Like Witt said, if schools aren't seeing a lot of viewers of their games online, it's hard to say "yeah, lets plug a bunch of money into a production" if you aren't going to get an ROI.

Now, if your school has some communications degree, maybe you can make it make sense that way. Otherwise you'd have to make enough on commercials or have excess funds to do so.

That's just my guess on the matter, however

Comment

Makes total sense to me, butts in seats equals more concessions, more tailgates, more people on the campus, and better for the local economy. Not sure if yall have checked the prices on hotels for a Thursday versus a Saturday in Sioux Falls, but sometimes double the rate! Not naive enough to think that is due to Augie or USF having a home game, but it doesn't hurt either.

Brutal honesty, I appreciate the fact that I can go back and rewatch the games on the NSIC network during the week or at least scout the next opponent without having to flip between streams only on gameday. That plus I can mute the stream sound and listen to the radio broadcast.

As I typed that, I just realized that I put way more work into this than I probably should...

Comment

Originally posted by TJE_ View Post

Some broadcasts have them..some do not. Most have just a few commercials they continue to re-run during the game..so I don't think there's much $$ being exchanged there..this is all a small production no matter the school or market.

Trust me guys, I'm all about trying to get a better production stream and encouraging it. If I can be influential on any of this I will be. I'd like to see a baseline level for production but once again, this is more of my own thing than anything else. I've had a dialogue with the league about it before..but for the most part I don't find it myself to interfere in league dealings.

Comment

Nothing worse then the GPAC recruiting Ad comes on when starting a game online the red background and music playing at twice the volume...

Comment

Winona State is lucky to have a local cable company to do their games, so they have the resources and funding for good quality. They've been handling WSU games for 20+ years now.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

Winona State is lucky to have a local cable company to do their games, so they have the resources and funding for good quality. They've been handling WSU games for 20+ years now.
                                Coach Sawyer is the best color analyst hands down. His long tenure as Winona's head coach is self evident.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X