Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

I think this is the right take. In my opinion, most of the SD recruits were an attempt to placate a certain portion of the alumni base. I'm fairly certain there were at least a few of those kids that were already coming to Northern with no plans to play football and then were "recruited" to do so. Bringing in 60 new players, without a coaching change, has to be almost a record of some sort.
    Central Oklahoma signed 62 this year.

In the past, WT often brought in "half uh hundred" Buffs.

But you're right, it is a rarity.

Comment

I think it would be very interesting to see the scholarship breakdown at some of these places bringing in 40-50 kids . Do they have to have hard discussions with players after spring ball to get to 36 or whatever their number is?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Well, I mean they don’t have an airport to reference like Minot 😁
        Put a pheasant on one side part of the year as well!

Comment

I think this is the right take. In my opinion, most of the SD recruits were an attempt to placate a certain portion of the alumni base. I'm fairly certain there were at least a few of those kids that were already coming to Northern with no plans to play football and then were "recruited" to do so. Bringing in 60 new players, without a coaching change, has to be almost a record of some sort.
          Yep. A few local kids as well. My guess is some walk-ons. Maybe a few kids with high academics where they got quite a bit of money for that so we’re offered very little athletic money

Comment

Do people still emphasize area codes?

He sounds like the anti-Ludacris.
            Emphasizing area codes is very much still a thing...

Comment

Well, I mean they don’t have an airport to reference like Minot 😁
              It's ABR

Comment

Do you get the impression that those same people will be upset if ‘he can’t retain the local guys’ due to said tactic? Or does it mainly just end at bringing in the local guys? I’m curious about it. I think there is a group of fans at every school that demands local players. But some groups are much louder than others (not saying that’s the case with Northern).

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

It's ABR
                  new helmets this year??

Comment

new helmets this year??
                    I hope not...just do the Wolf or NSU or the old Northern. I absolutely despise the half and half helmets. I think Bemidji did it first.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

I hope not...just do the Wolf or NSU or the old Northern. I absolutely despise the half and half helmets. I think Bemidji did it first.
                      Some half and half helmets are better than others. But most are just silly. Logo/Number seems to be popular the last 4-5 years.

Comment

I don't like them either. And it always bothered me that the Pittsburgh Steelers only had the logo on one side of the helmet. And of course the Browns not having one at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

"Someone has to be on the scout team."
                          My senior spotlight in high school was filled with phrases such as "team player" and "good human" my mom got emotional reading it, I didn't have the heart to tell her it was coach speak for this this guy stinks and we won't miss him at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post

My senior spotlight in high school was filled with phrases such as "team player" and "good human" my mom got emotional reading it, I didn't have the heart to tell her it was coach speak for this this guy stinks and we won't miss him at all.
                            I was starting and lettered in both football and baseball my sophomore year in HS. The next fall- I was missing from the write up both for returning starters and lettermen. Same thing in the spring. Same two coaches. I did start in both sports but it seemed fishy that both "forgot". Thank goodness both were gone my senior year.

Comment

It's ABR
                              I TRIED flying into ABR a number of years ago. Was set to go GRB-MSP-ABR, but a nasty winter storm cancelled the MSP-ABR leg, and I had to fly into FAR, rent a car, and drive across 94 and down 281. Even spent a night in Rollie Greeno land to the north on the way there before heading south on 281 to ABR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iowacoo View Post
                                I think it would be very interesting to see the scholarship breakdown at some of these places bringing in 40-50 kids . Do they have to have hard discussions with players after spring ball to get to 36 or whatever their number is?
                                In D2, scholarships can be split up. The dollars they can give is the equivalent of 36 scholarships max, but that rarely if ever means only 36 players are on scholarship.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X