Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FB Player Coach & Fan View Post

The time to fix, change and improve throwing mechanics effectively was 10 years ago. At this point, the cake is baked—-you can dress it up with some frosting (slight improvement in footwork) but it is very very difficult to re construct a throwing motion that is habitual and repetitive at this point in his career. Tebow was a great competitor, winner at the college level—-but he was never really able to throw the ball effectively—his mechanics were what they were when he got to the NFL. He is not going to Test Academy during the off season. Whatever work will be done this spring on campus. Not saying he won’t be successful aka win games—but throwing into tight windows, throwing the deep out/comeback, or throwing the hole shot up the left sideline from the right hash vs cover 2 consistently—--are probably out of reach regardless of the off-season work.
    Would argue most of his throws were into tight windows last year as the WR group was more of a possession / slot type rather than being able to clear press man (which they saw alot) and get down field. Will probably be more of the same this year unless some of the newer guys emerge. With Pitz and Ojile playing TE I look for them both to play a large role in the passing game.

Biggest reason why this offense works is Walljasper is a smart player that fully understands Coach Vogler's offense and is able to control it on the field.

Comment

For Winona, I took a 2 deep from week 11 and also referenced week2. With COVID it's hard to tell for sure, but I put GR and seniors as not returning for now or others based on some Twitter searching. There could be some mistakes, but this should give a good idea. This was a 5-6 team. They return alot of players and are expecting the existing players to get better,. However, there probably will be some influx of new folks to the 2 deep by fall.

Probably could do something like this for other teams, but it was kinda time consuming. If there is a big time transfer coming in. probably deserves another column
      Position 1 2 other Notes
      Offense
      WR Sylvere Cambell Cooper Nelson
      TE Dakota Matthees James Durst
      LT Garrit Wollan Jauron Hall
      LG Jacob Leszcznski Jake Ziemniarski
      C Jordan Haddad Austin Zeeveld
      RG Mason Carnell Blake Haas Clay Craker Clay started early in the season, injury maybe?
      RT Noah Pappas Patrick Wright
      WR Keaton Arendt Cayden Holcomb Keaton I believe is in the transfer portal
      WR Kaleb Skelly Thomas Kiesau
      QB Cole Stenstrom Kyle Haas Kyle transferred to WI - Lacrosse
      RB Ty Gavin Cair'ron Hendred Quinton Pringle
      FB Tyler Zirpoli ??
      Defense
      DE Kujan Vengrowski David Nies
      DE Darius Manual Kyle Borske
      DT Conner Haggerty Joe Demro
      DT Nathan Wilcher Rico DeLeon
      LB Myles Hawthorn Sam Shutter
      LB Clay Schueffner Zach Myhre
      LB Trey Borske Chance Backer
      S Griffin Wiegel Nic Bucaro
      S Tristan Root Vernon Porte
      CB Carson Sippel Voshon Porte Aarion Lacy Aarion was a senior and was injured not sure if coming back
      CB Jamon Williams James Williams
      Special Teams
      PK Jacob Scott Tristan Root Joey Prondzinski Joey transferred to Bemidji
      P Tristan Root Jacob Scott
      H Jake Van Hulzen Kyle Haas
      LS Morgan White Joseph Staff
      KR Cayden Holcomb Quinton Pringle Aarion Lacy
      PR Sylvere Campbell Aarion Lacy
      Last edited by 34blast; 01-29-2024, 04:09 PM.

Comment

I see that the WSU OC has gone to UND. Fruechte Hired as Offensive Coordinator at North Dakota - KVRR Local News

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          Yep, I put it in the coaching changes thread. Step up for him. Ideally with signing day not far away it won't have an impact or on cause any transfers. I haven't seen any indication yet on a replacement.

Comment

USF playing @ St Thomas this fall per Zim

https://twitter.com/MattJZimmer/stat...9oz7q9nzw&s=19

Comment

https://winonastatewarriors.com/spor.../schedule/2024
              Winona State has their conference schedule for 2024 up, no Mankato or Sioux Falls but get both Duluth and Bemidji. I assume they are looking for a week 1 or 0 matchup.

Comment

Mavs schedule: https://msumavericks.com/sports/football/schedule

So strange to not see Winona or Southwest on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                  Mavs schedule: https://msumavericks.com/sports/football/schedule

So strange to not see Winona or Southwest on it.
                  Yeah we don't play Mankato or Augie this year, definitely strange....

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Nice schedule for the Mustangs.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUWarriorFan View Post
                      https://winonastatewarriors.com/spor.../schedule/2024
                      Winona State has their conference schedule for 2024 up, no Mankato or Sioux Falls but get both Duluth and Bemidji. I assume they are looking for a week 1 or 0 matchup.
                      The signing day news article ways week 1, September 5, Thursday hosting Saginaw Valley State. Not sure why it is not in the main schedule yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

probably ok for once

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Nice schedule for the Mustangs.
                          might be an opportunity to jump up in year 3 of Underwood and get some momentum going.

We have a JUCO QB coming in they are high on. I assume he will be the starter unless something crazy happens.

Also have a redshirt freshman they are high on from Wisconsin, and also a freshman recruit from Iowa they are high on so need them both to stay and one or both to pan out.

Comment

Wayne State signs 37 to 2024 signing class

https://wscwildcats.com/news/2024/2/...ing-class.aspx

Comment

Bulldogs sign 32 players - including 6 WR which was definitely a need.

2024 CLASS BY POSITION BREAKDOWN

Defensive Backs - 8

Defensive Linemen - 4

Linebackers - 2

Running Backs - 2

Offensive Linemen - 5

Wide Receivers - 6

Quarterbacks - 1

Tight Ends - 4

https://umdbulldogs.com/news/2024/2/...ing-class.aspx

Comment

USF signs 39 players

Defensive Line - 5
                                Defensive Backs - 6
                                Linebackers - 4
                                Offensive Line - 7
                                Tight End - 4
                                Wide Receivers - 5
                                Quarterbacks - 1
                                Running Backs - 3
                                Special Teams - 4

My wife and I went to the signing day reception last night. That's always an enjoyable evening. The coaches went through each player they recruited and talked about them.

Some very athletic players in the mix. I think I counted at least 3 with a 40" vertical leap. Several dual sport guys who also are going to run track.

They were really high on their special teams signings, as that's an area they were quite deficient in. One player they were most excited about was a long snapper because they didn't have a long snapper on the roster this last season. Also, they signed a 6' 3" 200 lbs kicker that is built like a bodybuilder.

https://usfcougars.com/documents/202...g_Day_2024.pdf

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X