Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

new helmets this year??
    I do know they want some white ones but not sure the funds are there for all new helmets. Probably have some other priorities.

Comment

• Originally posted by TJE_ View Post

I do know they want some white ones but not sure the funds are there for all new helmets. Probably have some other priorities.
      White helmets would be a good look for the Wolves. But yeah, not at the expense of other more important things.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBChargerDad View Post

I TRIED flying into ABR a number of years ago. Was set to go GRB-MSP-ABR, but a nasty winter storm cancelled the MSP-ABR leg, and I had to fly into FAR, rent a car, and drive across 94 and down 281. Even spent a night in Rollie Greeno land to the north on the way there before heading south on 281 to ABR.
        I've got a book about those Greeno's. Was recruited by one.

Comment

54 new Jimmies

https://www.jimmiepride.com/sports/f...20240207lkin01

The 6’4 225lb punter is one of the biggest guys in the class.
          answered my question on the Jamestown thread

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Emphasizing area codes is very much still a thing...
            507 is getting a new overlay area code this summer. Not dividing like Iowa did with 515 and then all new area with 641. In Minnesota going to mix up 507 and new 924

Comment

It's ABR
              My sister flew in there from San Diego -- not direct !

Comment

It's ABR
                Watertown also has an airport with good flight options

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

They used to have a direct flight to Denver, must not anymore, but it was a big deal when I was close to developing a team from scratch back in the day. Unfortunately, my vision didn't match the vision of my employer so had to bounce and give up on a dream

Comment

It’s gotten sooooooo expensive to fly to Aberdeen due to Delta cutting back on regional flights. I fly Allegiant to Sioux Falls or Fargo quite a bit then drive over. Much cheaper to fly there non stop, rent a car and drive over than a Delta flight. Takes about the same amount of time as well due to a layover.

Comment

Do you get the impression that those same people will be upset if ‘he can’t retain the local guys’ due to said tactic? Or does it mainly just end at bringing in the local guys? I’m curious about it. I think there is a group of fans at every school that demands local players. But some groups are much louder than others (not saying that’s the case with Northern).
                      That largely depends on how many games the Wolves win. If you are going to be sub .500 then the complaints about not having enough local guys or a low team GPA seem to become louder. Weird how that works...

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

That largely depends on how many games the Wolves win. If you are going to be sub .500 then the complaints about not having enough local guys or a low team GPA seem to become louder. Weird how that works...
                        Winning seems to be the quickest way to silence the noise in nearly all situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by TJE_ View Post

It’s gotten sooooooo expensive to fly to Aberdeen due to Delta cutting back on regional flights. I fly Allegiant to Sioux Falls or Fargo quite a bit then drive over. Much cheaper to fly there non stop, rent a car and drive over than a Delta flight. Takes about the same amount of time as well due to a layover.
                          interesting

Comment

Winning seems to be the quickest way to silence the noise in nearly all situations.
                            yep. I think in Marshall folks understand can't just have local kids. But if there is a local kid they want to try and nab him.

The reality is you need to sprinkle in kids from all over to fill it out. I mean those big metros in California and Arizona and Colorado for example and previously Florida have lots of kids to recruit looking for places to play. Hopefully many stay. a revolving door isn't good either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

In D2, scholarships can be split up. The dollars they can give is the equivalent of 36 scholarships max, but that rarely if ever means only 36 players are on scholarship.
                              As far as I know, each school can only carry 99 on their rosters!!!

Comment

interesting
                                I flew to Des Moines and drove up for the game against you guys last year. Sioux Falls is closer but Allegiant only flys on certain days of the week so Des Moines worked better. Allegiant is great I think for what it is.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X