Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back due to critical acclaim LOL

FYI ncaa stats west liberty as of Jan 11 2023 after Frostburg

Improving in FG %, and 3PT shooting % and 3pt made per game.

Improved offensive Rebounding

1st- 3pt attempts per game 33.1
    1st- Assist to turnover ratio 1.87 Nova SE is 2nd at 1.73

1st- 3pt made per game 12.5

2nd - assists per game 22.7 nova se first at 24.2
    2nd- scoring 101.2 Nova se is first at 107.1

4th -Turnover margin 7.6 Nova se is 1st at 10.7
    4th- Forced turnovers 19.73 Nova se is #1 at 24.73
    5th - Steals per game 10.9 1st is Nova se is 12.9
    5th - Scoring margin 20 Nova se 1st at 30

20th - FG % 49.82
    29th - Offensive rebounds per game 13.13
    57th - 3 pt % 37.60
    93rd - FT % 73.05
    117th - Rebound margin 2
    Last edited by Columbuseer; 01-12-2023, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• FYI
      Amazing turnaround improvement in 3 pt shooting season avg. for West Lib.
      They have 5 guys shooting an elite 40% or greater.
      Another guy nearing elite level at 39%.
      Another guy rose from under 15% early in season to over 34%.

Two our of best shooters would rank in top 10 nationally at approx 50% , if they had enough attempts.
      However, the ncaa stats require an average of at least approx. 5 attempts a game. Consequently, the stat favors teams with 1 or 2 designated 3pt shooters. I understand the need for a threshold. Unfortunately, the stat does not account for teams where there are balanced 3 pt attempts among multiple players, like at WLU. So there are many elite three point shooters that don't show up in the stat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

11-17-2018. WLU 158. Glenville 106, WLU had 87 in 1st half.
        Dang I was in school during that time but don’t recall it

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

If you knew basketball then you'd understand that most of those stats are meaningless. That's a lot of work for meaningless stats.
          Stats and where you rank in particular categories compared to other DII teams are MUCH more important than your W/L record. Hahahahaha!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Stats and where you rank in particular categories compared to other DII teams are MUCH more important than your W/L record. Hahahahaha!!!!!
            That's not where I was going with that but nice try!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

That's not where I was going with that but nice try!
              In the words of Buckaroo Banzai - No mater where you go, there you are!

Comment

• Yikes looks like Howlett had his eyes set on the WVU assistant job this week

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post
                  Yikes looks like Howlett had his eyes set on the WVU assistant job this week
                  Odd

Comment

• Wow.

I was unable to watch this one because I had to attend a program for my kid. When the program ended and I checked the score . . . just wow. WLU hasn't been that uncompetitive since NWMSU.

I'm gonna need someone who watched that game to explain to me how that final score happened. I know WLU never plays well in Retton, and I know FSU doesn't fear WLU one iota. But I can't fathom getting their behinds handed to them like that.

I eagerly await your analysis, Columbuseer.

Hats off to Fairmont. Big win for those guys that should give a nice boost to their regional profile.

(And thank God for my kid's extracurriculars. He might have saved my blood pressure by drawing me away from watching that debacle.)

Comment

• West Liberty shot only 36% to Fairmont’s 53%. That a pretty wide margin. Sometimes it’s just the building and once things start slipping away it can totally get away from a team when confidence is lost. The margin of victory is a bit surprising, but I’d just chalk it up to a bad day at the office and that’s going to happen on occasion.

Comment

Reality is it's a matter of time. He's young and people notice. I'd love to see him at a Duquesne type just to see what happens. I didn't think you'd still have him this year (let alone next year). Although I do have serious doubts if the WL style would work in (major) D1.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                          West Liberty shot only 36% to Fairmont’s 53%. That a pretty wide margin. Sometimes it’s just the building and once things start slipping away it can totally get away from a team when confidence is lost. The margin of victory is a bit surprising, but I’d just chalk it up to a bad day at the office and that’s going to happen on occasion.
                          Yes, that shooting percentage is pretty ugly. And FSU's was over 60% in the second half (including over 60% from behind the arc). It seems like it was one of those perfect storm kinda nights at Retton. Unfortunately, those seem to happen a lot in that building.

I have a feeling Alderson Broaddus won't know what hit them on Wednesday. They are going to run into a motivated WLU team, I suspect.

I was worried about the sloppiness of the Frostburg game creating a kind of hangover in Fairmont today. In fact, I think I told another poster in a PM that I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to drop one today at Retton. I just didn't think it would be a behind-the-woodshed kind of L.

Tough day. Gotta learn from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                            West Liberty shot only 36% to Fairmont’s 53%. That a pretty wide margin. Sometimes it’s just the building and once things start slipping away it can totally get away from a team when confidence is lost. The margin of victory is a bit surprising, but I’d just chalk it up to a bad day at the office and that’s going to happen on occasion.
                            Well, I'd add I think everybody who actually pays attention knew FSU was much better than its record. They had a lot of talented imports this year. That takes time to mesh. Looks like it sure meshed today. And, they are very well-coached.

Comment

Are you serious? Evidence? Not all coaches think D1 is Shangri-la.

Comment

• I'll keep this short as it is cold and windy on this high-rise window ledge.

Fairmont had great game plan.
                                • put sanders and/or parris in offense corner against press. When they broke press with 3 on 2, sanders was unguarded in corner. Hit 7-10 from 3. Parris was 5-11. Hale 3-5, Dobbs 1-2.
                                • They were not going to let Bryce beat them. Collapsed on him inside forcing kickout pass. First 10 mins, we were hitting 3s and had leads.
                                • Bigs provided help defense when guards entered lane.
                                • Limit turnover margin
                                they generally succeeded:
                                • After first 10 mins, press did not trouble them. Turnovers even at 16.
                                • They hit 61% 3s in 2nd half to 16% for wl.
                                • They played passing lanes very well, slowing our offensive ball rotation around the perimeter, which restricted open looks.
                                • They have equally great shooters, equally great dribble drive guards, but more experienced bigs.
                                • In general they had better, less difficult shot selection.
                                • Their bigger guards gave our guards trouble.
                                • Deadly FT shooting
                                Perfect storm if you have a below average shooting night and a good team is red hot.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X