• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boatcapt
    replied
    Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

Originally posted by Sportsnut View Post
    Hope it's Howlett!
    Read an article about how Crutch ended up at Nova. Nova was interviewing references for applicants for there vacant HC position. They contacted Crutch about former Topper player and assistant coach Jordan Fee who is an assistant at Nova. Long and short from my standpoint is maybe we should consider Fee for our HC position also. Here's his thumb nail coaching resume:

Played two years at D1 Detroit-Mercy
    Played two years at WLU under Crutch
    Coached at WLU under Crutch in 2011/12
    Coached at DII Clarion in 2012/13
    Coached at D1 Detroit-Mercy in 2013/14
    Coached the last two years at Nova

Not saying he is the #1 candidate but he does have the WLU pedigree and the stamp of approval from Crutch.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
    As of Feb 17, 2017, Shawn was playing for the Ohio Bootleggers in the Basketball premier league. thepbl.com
    I am suprised WV did not have that nickname trademarked LOL
    Guess the Europeans failed to appreciate his greatness...just like Crutch.

Leave a comment:

• timbertopper
    replied

Worked out pretty well the last time they promoted a men's basketball assistant.

Leave a comment:

• Sportsnut
    replied

Hope it's Howlett!

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

WL will fill its vacancy in house

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I've heard that name somewhere before ...

Tell you what, though, the best game he ever played for IUP was against WLU in that Regional final.

Last I heard he is overseas playing somewhere. That's still so weird he ended up in Indiana.

There's definitely some guys in the region this year who will have a shot to play professionally.
    As of Feb 17, 2017, Shawn was playing for the Ohio Bootleggers in the Basketball premier league. thepbl.com
    I am suprised WV did not have that nickname trademarked LOL

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I've heard that name somewhere before ...

Tell you what, though, the best game he ever played for IUP was against WLU in that Regional final.

Last I heard he is overseas playing somewhere. That's still so weird he ended up in Indiana.

There's definitely some guys in the region this year who will have a shot to play professionally.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

I wonder I Shawn Dyer is available? If he took the position he could bring in players who weren't jokes like the ones he was forced to play with at WLU. He called himself the leader of TWO teams that went to the finals and said he won a ton of games single handed so I would imagine taking over for Crutch would be EASY for him! hahahaha!!!

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

One commit is black and that'll be about it if he even stays, hard to keep them at the hilltop as we've seen, besides Devin and he's half I think Cedric Harris was the last one to stay his whole career here and he might've been half too. Pretty odd really I'm sure Crutch won't have trouble recruiting them in Ft Lauderdale lol

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Dennis would probably thrive even more in a more standard run-n-gun type offense. He gets to the hole like few I've ever seen at this level. Finishing ... has his moments. But, keep in mind he was only a sophomore this year. When the true stars come along our expectations get so high that I think we forget they are just a freshman or sophomore. Some of the elite players in our region over the past decade didn't even really surface until they were a junior.

Could WL actually have an all-white roster next year? That would be very odd to see at this level.
    Not...going...to get...drug into...this...discussion!!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Dennis would probably thrive even more in a more standard run-n-gun type offense. He gets to the hole like few I've ever seen at this level. Finishing ... has his moments. But, keep in mind he was only a sophomore this year. When the true stars come along our expectations get so high that I think we forget they are just a freshman or sophomore. Some of the elite players in our region over the past decade didn't even really surface until they were a junior.

Could WL actually have an all-white roster next year? That would be very odd to see at this level.

Leave a comment:

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied

It would make sense for Dennis to stay D2...he's an electric guard for D2...He's not a great shooter, and he does not finish layups as often as he gets into the lane, so D1 is too big a leap...

I think if Howlett is named coach--they should at least name him the interim so there's a focal point and not a rudderless ship--- they won't lose much else...

I don't see Monteroso going anywhere bc of the family thing...whether he plays or not is another story...

Leave a comment:

• Sportsnut
    replied

Maybe he (Dennis) will change his mind after things settle down.

Leave a comment:

• Penguins87
    replied

He's playing. He is keeping this team together right now. Key will be hiring Howlett. That serves everyone correctly. Recruits and current players want him. Only one leaving now is Dennis (Nova SE).

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by Penguins87 View Post
    Monteroso isn't going anywhere.
    Difference between going somewhere and playing. What I've heard is a lot of players (three...four???) will be making some decisions on who becomes the HC and how quickly that happens.

You've got to feel a little sorry for whom ever takes over for Crutch. He could come in and win 75% of his games and lose in the regional finals for four years and people would wonder "what happened" at WLU. ONLY way to be considered a success would be to deliver a NC.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X