replied
    Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

Bah bye crutch

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
    Yes. Same Team. But somewhat of a different body type, as Will is 6-5 and very slender. Very smooth, good ball handler, passer and quick in the open court game. But may need a year of weight training.
    Saw him play 3 times.
    While all three can play, I'm particularly interested in seeing Moore. Long armed 6'5", 210 and seems to be willing to play inside. According to Cleveland.com, he held offers from both Fairmont and WJ.

Yokum certainly is reed thin at 175! But he also is quick. 6'6" and again, long arms.

Saben is your typical WLU point guard...equally adept at penetrate and dish or pulling up and nocking down 3's with a stroke like butter.

If I had to pick one who would be this next years version of Guillozet (who was this years version of Dennis...who was that years version of Arnold...), i'd go with Moore. I think he's more ready and fills a position were we seem to always be thin. Yokum does need to hit the weights...AND make a few extra trips through the desert line!!!!
    "Will...calories are your FRIEND!!!"

Anyone have any word on French? We shure need him to live up to potential. He seemed to find his stroke from 3 the year before last but him minutes were all over the board...he'd go from 12 minutes one game to zero the next to three the next then zero followed by 10. I think we need him to find a way to stay in the game for 10+ and average in the low/mid teens.
    Last edited by boatcapt; 03-15-2017, 02:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Originally posted by Sportsnut View Post
    Yoakum's school is the same school that Matt Bingaya of Fairmont went to isn't it? Still be nice to get a true big guy even if they could give us a few minutes a game.
    Of the WLU recruits, Marlon Moore best fits the Bingaya body type - 6-5 and 210 lbs. Strong player.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Originally posted by Sportsnut View Post
    Yoakum's school is the same school that Matt Bingaya of Fairmont went to isn't it? Still be nice to get a true big guy even if they could give us a few minutes a game.
    Yes. Same Team. But somewhat of a different body type, as Will is 6-5 and very slender. Very smooth, good ball handler, passer and quick in the open court game. But may need a year of weight training.
    Saw him play 3 times.

Leave a comment:

• Sportsnut
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

FYI - Update on Basketball Awards for WLU Commits

Associated Press divides Ohio updates into Regional "Districts"

1. Keegan Saben - Centerville Oh - Division I AP 2nd Team All District (covers Dayton and Western Ohio)
    2. Marlon Moore - Cleveland Benedictine - Division 2 AP 1st Team All District (covers Cleveland and Northern Ohio)
    3. Will Yoakum - Delaware Hayes - Division I AP 2nd Team All District (covers Columbus and Central Ohio)

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by Penguins87 View Post
    It's official name is the Charles and Lavoo Crutchfield (named after Jim's parents) Classic, to open the season for WLU.
    Don't know about that. The MEC Conference challenge seems to be something different. Think WC got the name right (MEC-PSAC Conference Challenge). There was also a MEC-CIAA Conference Challenge that UC and I think Shepherd participated in along with Fayetteville State (??). It certainly is not very formal and not advertised at all.

Leave a comment:

• Chevydude89
    replied

Im thinking the wilson guy is a person thst shouldnt have an involvement in any decision mking. Obviously that also is a rrsult of his docalled job

Leave a comment:

• Penguins87
    replied

It's official name is the Charles and Lavoo Crutchfield (named after Jim's parents) Classic, to open the season for WLU.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Luckily they're going to play on Sunday and put all this to rest.

I've said for years on here those 'PSU Puke School' games should be banned by the conferences. Total waste of time (and money) for the fans and they don't count anyway. Keep in mind, scheduling Cheyney in non-conference is about the same equivalent although they are 'D2'.
    Doubtful!!

Cheyney was part of something called the "MEC Conference Challenge" (along with WC and Notre Dame). Don't now how this works but I don't think WLU "scheduled" them. I note that WLU referees to it as the "MEC Challenge", Cheyney referred to it as the "MEC/PSAC Conference Challenge", WC referred to it as the "West Liberty Tip-Off Tournament" and Notre Dame doesn't refer to it as anything at all.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Luckily they're going to play on Sunday and put all this to rest.

I've said for years on here those 'PSU Puke School' games should be banned by the conferences. Total waste of time (and money) for the fans and they don't count anyway. Keep in mind, scheduling Cheyney in non-conference is about the same equivalent although they are 'D2'.

Leave a comment:

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    Refer to this post that I wrote yesterday for the raw data:

http://www.d2football.com/forum/show...23#post2031023
    Ctrabs...the data that you provide is interesting, and according to those numbers, really close. But like JDonAB said...Ship plays two PSU puke schools that don't count in the beginning of the year--there should be some penalty for that right? Adv WL.

And common opponents is a criteria, right? WL beat West Chester...Ship split with WC...Adv WL.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

As I've said before, numbers are just numbers without an underlying definition of how they are applied. For example two of the criteria are overall DII W/L results and results vs common opponents. It's easy to come up with a numerical value for each of those. But what "value" does the NCAA give to each when comparing them? Say team A has a .900 DII W/L and team B has a .850 but team B is 2-1 (.666) vs common opponents and team A is 1-2 (.333), is that enough to overcome the .050 advantage team A has over team B in W/L? Strict math says no but I don't know and the NCAA has never said. There are posters who have said they have broken the NCAA code but I note that they often get it wrong (their formula says team A should be 2 with B at 3 but the NCAA has A at 3 and B at 2) which says to me that they don't really have the formula or that there really is no NCAA formula.

Fact that the NCAA won't tell us how they come to their seeding decisions speaks volumes about weather the system is an impartial, repeatable and totally objective process as the NCAA would have us believe OR weather it is a subjective process were the NCAA uses a set of numbers to validate their notion of what is "right."
    Last edited by boatcapt; 03-08-2017, 07:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    As is typical with the NCAA, we will get no explanation of how they came to their seeding decision...nor will we get the score sheets. Just have to "trust" that the NCAA applied the criteria fairly and impartially...even when the available evidence shows otherwise.

Same thing will happen when they re-seed the final 4...NCAA will announce them and nothing more.

Leave a comment:

• Chevydude89
    replied

Yeah real nice. Coaches put us 7 in the nation above #2 team in the region. 5 teams top 10 in the nation in the same region... wat a joke
    Last edited by Chevydude89; 03-07-2017, 09:05 PM. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X