X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportsnut
    replied
    Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

Right Eer, I've thought all along from reading these various posts that Yoakum was 6' 5".

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Originally posted by FlyHawk98 View Post
    West Liberty just signed two more guys in this class. 6'3'' Wil Yoakum and 6'7'' Joe Ochoa.

http://hilltoppersports.com/news/201...standouts.aspx
    Surprised yoakum is not listed at 6ft 5. He seemed taller than 6ft 3 from watching him play. Got award for being one of 20 best foul shooters in Ohio.

Leave a comment:

• FlyHawk98
    replied

West Liberty just signed two more guys in this class. 6'3'' Wil Yoakum and 6'7'' Joe Ochoa.

http://hilltoppersports.com/news/201...standouts.aspx

Leave a comment:

• FlyHawk98
    replied

Who grants the appeals? NCAA?

If so, how was this appeal granted so quickly? NCAA seems to take forever on most things.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Still dying to know how Dennis won his appeal and his buddy lost his.

Leave a comment:

• Chevydude89
    replied

Dennis will not have to sit out. He won his appeal and transferring within D2 you do not have to sit out.

Leave a comment:

• FlyHawk98
    replied

Originally posted by Chevydude89 View Post
    Dennis will end up at nova. He visits there this weekend. Guillozet unknown.
    Hope he has to sit out a year to do so.

Leave a comment:

• Chevydude89
    replied

Dennis will end up at nova. He visits there this weekend. Guillozet unknown.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Things are kind of slow. Anyone want to venture a guess about where Dennis lands?
    Lincoln Memorial loaded up on another guard commit, so I think that ship has sailed.
    KY Wesleyan signed a PG.
    That leaves embry riddle and Nova.

A while back I heard that Clay might be staying. Is that still the current view?

Leave a comment:

• Bware2
    replied

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    And thats that. The WLU president opts for starus quo. A bad choice to "lead" a bad athletic department. There will be no inovation, no improvements to process and no coaching shakeups. Underperforming programs will continue to underperform without consiquence and there will be no steps to try and increase community engagement and game attendance.

This hire signals to the entire department that the president thinks everything is running smothly and there is no need to change.
    100% accurate

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by Layton View Post
    Lynn Ullom taking the AD position and done with coaching
    And thats that. The WLU president opts for starus quo. A bad choice to "lead" a bad athletic department. There will be no inovation, no improvements to process and no coaching shakeups. Underperforming programs will continue to underperform without consiquence and there will be no steps to try and increase community engagement and game attendance.

This hire signals to the entire department that the president thinks everything is running smothly and there is no need to change.

Leave a comment:

• Layton
    replied

Lynn Ullom taking the AD position and done with coaching

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Not really the right 'forum' to post but I don't know of a good home.

From Youngstown news station ... Jarrod Calhoun mic'd up at practice ...

I thought some may enjoy the inside look.

http://wkbn.com/2017/04/24/calhouns-...se-excitement/
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 04-28-2017, 10:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Fyi will yoakum signed Loi with wlu on 4/25. He is deadly in open court game. Got award for one of top 20 foul shooters in Ohio. Saw him play 3 or 4 times.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    I won't go so far as to say "WLU plays with five PGs" but as a team, they get assists across the board. They do have a "primary distributor" who triggers the offense most of the time and therefore, get's the biggest number of assists but probably any number of WLU players could fill that roll adequately.

Penguin - I think Saben will get every chance to either be the starter or the primary back up to Arnold. He looks like a good one!
    Keegan was sitting near me at Urbana for the WLU game. He looked physically stronger than typical high school PGs. That could add another dimension to the PG position. Was a polite young man also.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X