X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post

And we all know that at this point in the season it's all about match-ups. Imagine if the seeds had been flipped between Black Hills and Hillsdale. Black Hills vs. IUP would have been a war. Nova would have run all over Hillsdale (if WLU last year was any indication). But the match ups are what the match ups are. IUP had the opportunity to get a nervy first half out of the way against an overmatched opponent. Thursday could be different. But I still believe IUP's defense will carry them to the final (and a possible all out war with Northwest). I called an IUP-Northwest final on one of these threads last week, and I still believe that's the likeliest outcome. Good luck Thursday, C'Hawks--get it done!
    I will say Augusta's offense looked great last night, but Chico State played glorified AAU-level defense. IUP's defense is a whole different animal.

IUP played a very rough first half. Maybe it was nerves. They looked much better in the second half. Hopefully that first half is out of their system now.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Tomorrow night is going to be a thriller. IUP and Augusta match up very well.
    And we all know that at this point in the season it's all about match-ups. Imagine if the seeds had been flipped between Black Hills and Hillsdale. Black Hills vs. IUP would have been a war. Nova would have run all over Hillsdale (if WLU last year was any indication). But the match ups are what the match ups are. IUP had the opportunity to get a nervy first half out of the way against an overmatched opponent. Thursday could be different. But I still believe IUP's defense will carry them to the final (and a possible all out war with Northwest). I called an IUP-Northwest final on one of these threads last week, and I still believe that's the likeliest outcome. Good luck Thursday, C'Hawks--get it done!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I thought IUP was very sloppy in the first half -- players and coaching. But, ... adjustment to a big arena, nerves, etc. Luckily, Hillsdale couldn't hit the side of barn for 18 of the first 20 minutes.

I suspect Joe gave them a nice wake-up call at halftime.

Tomorrow night is going to be a thriller. IUP and Augusta match up very well.

I do agree that Chico played very light defense.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
    Imho, iup has more weapons, better defense and better coaching.

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Imho, iup has more weapons, better defense and better coaching.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
    Should be quite a semifinal. That Crawford kid in the center for Augusta is a serious load, and they can shoot the 3. IUP will need its best defensive effort.
    He's a beast. But, we're equipped for him. Chico gave everything it had but wasn't deep enough.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Should be quite a semifinal. That Crawford kid in the center for Augusta is a serious load, and they can shoot the 3. IUP will need its best defensive effort.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    When Rock Rowdies tweets out a congrats ... I guess this is for real.

Classy, BTW.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    What??? I'm a PSAC guy and would like to see IUP win the tournament. "Jagging?" OK, whatever.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    That freshman of ours, Tomiwa, went for 18 points, 10 rebounds and 3 steals.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Both these teams look really good. But I think Augusta looks better. They shoot it well, seem incredibly quick and athletic, and have very aggressive guards. Perimeter D against either of these teams is huge.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    To get here ... minus arguably their top player since Game 7 ... amazing.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Sulaiman is a freshman. FYI. Lol. Wow

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Ship69 is a good dude. Not a hater.