Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Lombardi gave the B-Team all the coach speak. Typical Joe, love it!

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

No actually, Madden has actually taken shots at Crowley since he went to the B-Team. Tim Benz seems to be the guys that always fills in for Madden but Benz is a straight shooter.
    His shots at Crowley seemed more out of disappointment that he left. MM seemed to genuinely like and respect him. I haven’t listened to MM much recently so maybe the tone has changed, but it seemed to me like fences could be mended there, unlike Mark’s blood feud with DK.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Very possible. I also think he could go back to The X and take over when Madden retires. MM would sign off on that I’m sure.
    No actually, Madden has actually taken shots at Crowley since he went to the B-Team. Tim Benz seems to be the guys that always fills in for Madden but Benz is a straight shooter.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I almost wonder if Crowley is the heir apparent to that time slot. Colin's act is getting old (it's been old). Mack might as well not even be there and I still don't know what Dorin's role actually is.
    Very possible. I also think he could go back to The X and take over when Madden retires. MM would sign off on that I’m sure.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

I'm actually a big fan of Paul Zeise's show, although I rarely get to listen to it in the evenings. He's so all over the place it's hilarious. Zeise interviewing Joe would be like an SNL skit. Zeise would ask some random question and Joe would give one of his famous 2-minute answers that have absolutely nothing to do with the actual question but would sound really good.

My favorite show, albeit national, is by far Scotty Ferrall. He cracks me up.
    Zeise is entertaining. He has the worst time slot because he’s always getting preempted by games. His gruff, unpolished style would work really well on a late night/overnight show.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The station should do something else with Adam Crowley. He’s good, but yes, four is a crowd on a radio show.
    I almost wonder if Crowley is the heir apparent to that time slot. Colin's act is getting old (it's been old). Mack might as well not even be there and I still don't know what Dorin's role actually is.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

It may be faint praise, but in my opinion, the morning show is by far the best show on that station. I’m at least glad they’re the ones that booked Joe.
    I'm actually a big fan of Paul Zeise's show, although I rarely get to listen to it in the evenings. He's so all over the place it's hilarious. Zeise interviewing Joe would be like an SNL skit. Zeise would ask some random question and Joe would give one of his famous 2-minute answers that have absolutely nothing to do with the actual question but would sound really good.

My favorite show, albeit national, is by far Scotty Ferrall. He cracks me up.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

I get stuck with said B-Team every day. They are up to (4) dudes on-air at the same time. It's a bit much.

Double M says it takes 4 dudes to do what he does by himself -- and he still does it much better.
    The station should do something else with Adam Crowley. He’s good, but yes, four is a crowd on a radio show.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

The F-in B team.
    It may be faint praise, but in my opinion, the morning show is by far the best show on that station. I’m at least glad they’re the ones that booked Joe.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I get stuck with said B-Team every day. They are up to (4) dudes on-air at the same time. It's a bit much.

Double M says it takes 4 dudes to do what he does by himself -- and he still does it much better.
    He said that numerous times on yesterdays show. Funny thing, he's right!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The F-in B team.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Joe will be a guest on Pittsburgh's 93.7 The Fan this morning in the 9 a.m. hour.
    The F-in B team.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Joe will be a guest on Pittsburgh's 93.7 The Fan this morning in the 9 a.m. hour.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

It's been well-documented this year (you obviously missed it). He had surgery in the fall to remove a tumor from his throat.
    Wow - yeah, I definitely missed that one in the news circles and on the boards.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Are you able to elaborate on his health? It seems as though for almost two years now, he's either been ill or injured, but not once has anyone ever given anything. I thought there was a rumor he had mono last year, but I don't know if that was true or not. If that was the case, there's no way he's still dealing with the effects of that. Or are there two separate things he's dealt with in consecutive years.
    It's been well-documented this year (you obviously missed it). He had surgery in the fall to remove a tumor from his throat. He played through much of the recovery but was obviously pretty weak in the immediate aftermath. I think Joe's been slowly building his conditioning back up and he played all 40 minutes on Saturday. He's looked tremendously better, physically, the past few games.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X