X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Imagine if he would have picked IUP, - - - But there is a much different vibe with the IUP team, since there are no expectations really. Any success is positive and fun, compared to the last few years when there was the "hope they don't screw this up" paranoia where any mistake was a disaster. So the Cal game is a see how well we might do rather than we have to win. Even Joe basically said he thinks Cal is the best team in the PSAC.
    Agreed. They've basically taken on the mantra of playing with house money.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They'll be extremely tough -- in half-court games

Maceo Austin picked SRU over IUP.

#dumb-a$$

What's left of this team is what it is ... But, it's fun to watch
    Imagine if he would have picked IUP, - - - But there is a much different vibe with the IUP team, since there are no expectations really. Any success is positive and fun, compared to the last few years when there was the "hope they don't screw this up" paranoia where any mistake was a disaster. So the Cal game is a see how well we might do rather than we have to win. Even Joe basically said he thinks Cal is the best team in the PSAC.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Not a good day in Indiana for the gym teachers.
    Evil swept away.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    It was the first game I was able to make it to this season and it was certainly the one to see up to this point. Radford going off in the second half was awesome and Clarke’s quickness is something to see up close.

It appears this 7.5 man rotation (Brooks is just not gonna get many minutes) is what Joe has settled on. For all its flaws, they should continue to get better as they play more in the roles that each guy finally knows they have.
    They'll be extremely tough -- in half-court games

Maceo Austin picked SRU over IUP.

#dumb-a$$

What's left of this team is what it is ... But, it's fun to watch
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-27-2024, 06:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    It was the first game I was able to make it to this season and it was certainly the one to see up to this point. Radford going off in the second half was awesome and Clarke’s quickness is something to see up close.

It appears this 7.5 man rotation (Brooks is just not gonna get many minutes) is what Joe has settled on. For all its flaws, they should continue to get better as they play more in the roles that each guy finally knows they have.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    The streak is going to live on. I wish they could have shot the ball like this in the 2nd half last year.
    They couldn't. Shawndale ruined that team by not passing enough. That team didn't have nearly the ball movement or outside shooting this team has.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-28-2024, 08:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    We'd be wrong not to say it:

KJ played pretty well today

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Bryce (9) treys against a rival.

Priceless

School record

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Not a good day in Indiana for the gym teachers.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    As Rock Rowdiest once said ...

Drive home safe, f@ckers.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    The streak is going to live on. I wish they could have shot the ball like this in the 2nd half last year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    If Petteno doesn't play 24-25 minutes today IUP will lose.

He's the only forward IUP has than can guard Lindsay.

Also, without Petteno on the floor, SRU will double EP.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    This is the 'Christmas Eve Mass' game of the season. It draws out a lot of the once-a-year types.

This will also be the first game since early December with the cheerleaders, dance teams, pep band, students, etc.

Joe has said numerous times over the years this first game back with everybody makes him nervous. He wants his team 'playing' and not 'performing'.

Hopefully this crowd gets in SRU's head a bit. They haven't played in this kind of atmosphere all year. Last year was nuts (even for a 3pm tip).

SRU's guards can really get it going on offense. Austin and Herster are 6'5" and 6'6". Stewart will get one of them but that means Bryce (5'11" has to take the other. That's a glaring mismatch in favor of SRU. I'd actually put Garvin on one of them.

The crowd will tee off on Herster. They've got him rattled here in the past. He'll talk back and get distracted.

Conversely, Porterfield is IUP's mismatch.

Joe cannot have his typical KCAC slow start today. They need to get the crowd involved right away.

I really like Petteno in this matchup. He can be kind of the x-factor. However, he needs to play. A lot. Brooks could also have a good matchup in this game. Wishful thinking.

​​​​​
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-27-2024, 08:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Daunting next two games. Both at home.

A red hot Slippery Rock teams comes in town first.

Monday, a California squad I'd call a little 'eager' to snap a 20-some game losing streak to Joe arrives.

They have a shot Saturday. They may get slaughtered Monday.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Damir got the hose job of the century.

I'm sure him and Waldo are already looking for their next schools.

It's still funny to see Romero-Sanz (at almost 6'9" and 230 lbs) sitting in a tracksuit and Joe starting a 6'2" guard in the low post.

Joe would start KJ at all five positions if it was possible.
    KJ even being on this roster is embarrassing. I don't even think he starts at a PSU branch campus.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X