Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Waldo and Lambert nowhere to be found. They have to be loving life.

KJ played (guessing) 17 mins to Brooks' 3 mins.

Joe's losing his mind

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Not sure who these teams are ... they sure aren't IUP and UPJ.

Good Lord was that an ugly half of basketball

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Sark and KJ first two off bench.

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Hawks
    replied
    Oh dear! Oh dear!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Why

KJ

Why

KJ

Why

KJ

Why

KJ

Why

This team is so hard to watch

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    This is a sink or swim game for IUP tongiht. If they lose, I think the train may come off the track.

IUP losing up in Erie was expected. How it happened, however, was unacceptable (and embarrassing). We're going to learn a whole lot about the character of this team in about 8 hours.

This past game was probably the first time under Lombardi's watch that the phrases 'lack of effort', 'totally unprepared' and 'drastically out-coached' could be said.
    Time to light Ruk up and send him into retirement!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    This is a sink or swim game for IUP tongiht. If they lose, I think the train may come off the track.

IUP losing up in Erie was expected. How it happened, however, was unacceptable (and embarrassing). We're going to learn a whole lot about the character of this team in about 8 hours.

This past game was probably the first time under Lombardi's watch that the phrases 'lack of effort', 'totally unprepared' and 'drastically out-coached' could be said.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Yearly reminder: If you want to actually watch the game tonight, try and be there live. UPJ typically has the worst video connection in the league. If you're lucky, most years you may see about 1/3 of it.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Whether we always enjoy the movie or not, the show goes on.

Joe currently sits at 9-5.

Next three games:

@ Pitt-Johnstown (tomorrow)

Edinboro (Saturday)

@ Seton Hill (next Wednesday)

IUP has to be looking at a sweep here, but it will be far from easy. UPJ always plays IUP tough in Johnstown. Also, with the weather, this may not be the semi-home game it usually is.

Edinboro isn't winning much but they've been a tough out the past several weeks -- including giving East Stroudsburg a battle for about 90% of the game.

The trip to Seton Hill is always a widlcard. IUP's visit is their biggest draw of the season. That place can be challenging when it's humming (and the Griffins are pretty decent this year).
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-16-2024, 08:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Cobra Hawks View Post
    Fair play to Jordan Fee for turning round Gannon over the summer. Can see a few teams trying to replicate WLU, Nova South Eastern and now Gannon's style of play.
    As far as IUP are concerned. No aggression, no communication and looked lost a lot of the time. Too many errors resulting in turn overs. At least Joe had the decency to openly say that he hadn't coached them properly however the players have to step up and show they want it. Got some winnable matches coming up so hopefully they can start showing some passion and get some confidence flowing. That said this team, as we all know, won't win the PSAC this year.
    The team overall are too small. Need some decent recruitment in. A decent forward and a big guard who can shoot from distance would be nice to start. Josh, Bryce and Ethan won't be here next season so some forward planning is going on I hope. Portal might work in favour but might prove difficult to bring in decent D1 players if IUP are a losing team
    ​​
    The ceiling is only so high for what remains on the active roster.

Cal and Gannon are leaps and bounds above IUP this season.

Joe has to win the half-court games and keep moving on toward next year. They've played three up-tempo teams and have been slaughtered three times. Every team they play should press them for 40 minutes. Joe's teams have been awful at press breaking for years.

Losing Denzel (in camp) and Dallis to ACL injuries was just bad luck. Denzel was going to be in the rotation.

Waldo being shipped to the far end of the bench was another killer. Expectations were high. Same with Petteno. Lambert showed signs but hasn't got off the bench in three games.

Joe's starting five is decent enough to still win games this year - of the half-court, slow-down style.

​​​​​​Cal will clobber them both games. Gannon will light them up in Round 2. Winning the rematch at Mercyhurst will be challenging (likely a loss).

I think they will split with SRU, Seton Hill and Clarion. They need to sweep UPJ and Edinboro.

If that plays out they'd finish up the regular season 7-7.

Joe has a solid core back next year. I'd expect some housecleaning aside from those graduating. Recruiting needs a major overall or he's going to get left in the dust.

That's assuming he doesn't retire. There are rumors.

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Hawks
    replied
    Fair play to Jordan Fee for turning round Gannon over the summer. Can see a few teams trying to replicate WLU, Nova South Eastern and now Gannon's style of play.
    As far as IUP are concerned. No aggression, no communication and looked lost a lot of the time. Too many errors resulting in turn overs. At least Joe had the decency to openly say that he hadn't coached them properly however the players have to step up and show they want it. Got some winnable matches coming up so hopefully they can start showing some passion and get some confidence flowing. That said this team, as we all know, won't win the PSAC this year.
    The team overall are too small. Need some decent recruitment in. A decent forward and a big guard who can shoot from distance would be nice to start. Josh, Bryce and Ethan won't be here next season so some forward planning is going on I hope. Portal might work in favour but might prove difficult to bring in decent D1 players if IUP are a losing team
    ​​

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Baffling that Lambert isn’t getting 12-15 minutes minimum.
    This roster wasn't built well. How or why is up for debate. Their lack of a SF kills them against the press. Brooks is built for the half court game. The other guard-converts are lost.

Dallis being out sure doesn't help against top offensive teams.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Baffling that Lambert isn’t getting 12-15 minutes minimum.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    FYI, playing Gannon at Cathedral Prep tomorrow will be like playing in a fan box. It’ll feel as tight or tighter than Hurst.
    Finally got to finish the game (wish I hadn't).

1. Gannon couldn't miss in the first half. Conversely, IUP didn't make it real hard on them to take bad shots. IUP looked extremely slow and severely out of whack.

2. Totally unprepared. It was clear as day. Joe's heavy-pressure press break is horrendous.

3. I didn't see any fire (players or staff).

4. Joe's 2015 team could break that pressure and then play snail ball. They had the dudes to do it. This team doesn't. This lead to a quick 18-2 hole. Game was basically over in the first 5 minutes.

5. Sark hasn't played in a month and he was one of the first subs. No Jordan Lambert (again). No Waldo (again).

If I was playing IUP I'd seriously consider pressing all game (even if you don't normally press). They have no answer for it.

Burn the tape and move on.

Leave a comment:

• bballfan03
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Keep in mind Cal is devasted with injuries (three starters and a top reserve all out).

If they are actually healthy in the rematch they'll hammer SRU.
    With the way Cal played today.. I don't think it'd matter who they had in their lineup. They weren't as bad as IUP looked, but not much better. Felt sancomb was in a similar situation to Lombardi... just had no idea how to respond to anything that happened. But Herster also remembered how to play basketball, so that was a huge advantage for them.

Re Gannon/IUP... IUP just kept shooting themselves in the foot. Gannon didn't look that good most of the first half with many sloppy, unforced turnovers. But IUP just kept giving them chances. I thought Porterfield was actually impressive. I didn't think he'd be able to handle the pace like he did. I don't know what his final stats were, but he seemed to have a slew of points - if only his 3 point shot was better... man, when he misses... HE MISSES!

I doubt round 2 will be like today. Either IUP will manage to slow Gannon down a s take advantage of sloppy, unforced turnovers resulting in IUP by about 10+... OR IUP matches the pace like Ville and Cal... and, regardless of who wins, both teams will surpass 100.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X