• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Thoughts:

1) They still need bench scoring!
    2) I wonder why Gary's team acted like KJ didn't exist when he was on the floor?
    3) Garvin wasn't sharp yesterday but I can't wait till he is again.
    4) Bryce being able to shoot has opened the floor for other things, just ask Stewey!
    5) Where's Waldo? He looked better his last couple opportunities. I say leak him in to keep giving him experience. He's got way more upside than KJ!

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

Looks like Bradley is leading the Horizon League in assists. Not sure why Ajayi left to go play 10 minutes a game at Bucknell, unless he really wanted that degree. They've lost a ton of firepower in the last three years- probably close to 6 or 7 all conference players. Normally I'd say it takes time to replace it, but what Gannon did last year has me questioning that belief.

Anyhow, if Radford plays like this the rest of the year, they still have a chance to do something. Like it was said above, Clarke and Radford's games complement each other really well. The region is down compared to the last couple years, I think there's enough to sneak into a bid if things break right.
    Losing Bradley was a big loss to that team although, he is stealing that extra Covid year this season so it's bonus time for him. Gary couldn't count on that. Pip might end up making the D2 return with the minimal PT he's getting at Bucknell. Ya, never know.

As far as Gary being fired up yesterday, I understand why, he's at that 8 loss threshold!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

Looks like Bradley is leading the Horizon League in assists. Not sure why Ajayi left to go play 10 minutes a game at Bucknell, unless he really wanted that degree. They've lost a ton of firepower in the last three years- probably close to 6 or 7 all conference players. Normally I'd say it takes time to replace it, but what Gannon did last year has me questioning that belief.

Anyhow, if Radford plays like this the rest of the year, they still have a chance to do something. Like it was said above, Clarke and Radford's games complement each other really well. The region is down compared to the last couple years, I think there's enough to sneak into a bid if things break right.
    Radford hit (6) treys last night after hitting (8) in the previous game. Gary did everything possible to not let him shoot.

That was as fired up as I've seen him on the bench in years.

Leave a comment:

• IUPHawks24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I’m not so certain Gary has the fire power this year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

His subbing was horrendous. Dudes sneezed and he was yanking them. They couldn't get any flow. He was so flustered in the second half he was going way deep and tossing guys in there.
    Gary has always been fast to sub. I never understood it.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

His subbing was horrendous. Dudes sneezed and he was yanking them. They couldn't get any flow. He was so flustered in the second half he was going way deep and tossing guys in there.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    I've seen old Gary coach a lot of games. Tonight was one of his worst.

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I've seen old Gary coach a lot of games. Tonight was one of his worst.

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Ugliest combined first half in history.

IUP hammered them in the second half.

Nice win

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I don't think Garvin and Bryce will have any problem playing together. They both have distinct roles. Bryce is a shooter and Garvin is a creator! It's not like with Dallis where they were both similar styles. I look for Garvin to try to penetrate that zone tonight and kick it out to Bryce for bombs. Hurst takes that away then the dump off to Ethan come alive. Brooks, go clean up!!!
    And the forgotten man, Jaylen Stewart, can go crazy.

I wish the bench was deeper but this at least will keep them competitive most nights.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I like the first one to 58 tonight to win. It's going to be a slugfest.

Dallis is still a massive loss but Garvin is certainly a big boost. I think he's an elite PG at this level and gives them back a huge presence on both ends.

Scoring will be tough tonight. Mercyhurst's defense is getting better by the week. As with all of Gary's transition year teams, they all seem to have the lightbulb go off in January.

I picked the Lakers yesterday at -1.5. However, with Garvin now confirmed, that would shift the pick back to IUP at home - in a close one. We still have to see how Bryce and Garvin play together.
    I don't think Garvin and Bryce will have any problem playing together. They both have distinct roles. Bryce is a shooter and Garvin is a creator! It's not like with Dallis where they were both similar styles. I look for Garvin to try to penetrate that zone tonight and kick it out to Bryce for bombs. Hurst takes that away then the dump off to Ethan come alive. Brooks, go clean up!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Cobra Hawks View Post

Great news having Garvin back. Unlikely Bryce and Stewart will has as good a game as they did against Shepherd however if they play decent then should be a good game
    I like the first one to 58 tonight to win. It's going to be a slugfest.

Dallis is still a massive loss but Garvin is certainly a big boost. I think he's an elite PG at this level and gives them back a huge presence on both ends.

Scoring will be tough tonight. Mercyhurst's defense is getting better by the week. As with all of Gary's transition year teams, they all seem to have the lightbulb go off in January.

I picked the Lakers yesterday at -1.5. However, with Garvin now confirmed, that would shift the pick back to IUP at home - in a close one. We still have to see how Bryce and Garvin play together.

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Hawks
    replied
    Sounds like the starting lineup tonight will be:

Garvin Clarke
    Bryce Radford
    Jaylen Stewart
    Damir Brooks
    Ethan Porterfield

I'd like to see Waldo stay in the rotation. I think Joe found a role for him last week. Lambert and Petteno will likely be 6 and 7.

This Garvin news is obviously huge because he is a great creator and he will make it harder for teams to swarm Bryce. As we saw last week, Stewart is also capable of big games when he has the green light.
    ​​
    Great news having Garvin back. Unlikely Bryce and Stewart will has as good a game as they did against Shepherd however if they play decent then should be a good game

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Sounds like the starting lineup tonight will be:

Garvin Clarke
    Bryce Radford
    Jaylen Stewart
    Damir Brooks
    Ethan Porterfield

I'd like to see Waldo stay in the rotation. I think Joe found a role for him last week. Lambert and Petteno will likely be 6 and 7.

This Garvin news is obviously huge because he is a great creator and he will make it harder for teams to swarm Bryce. As we saw last week, Stewart is also capable of big games when he has the green light.
    ​​

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    As I mentioned over the weekend, Garvin Clarke WON his appeal and will return tonight for IUP.

That is a huge boost for IUP.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X