X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Bryce is a good shooter but not that good. That was his ceiling last night. You can’t expect him to drop bombs inside half court the rest of the year.

Let’s be clear, all the scoring last night came from 3 players. If one is off they could struggle.

Defense travels! They’ll be in ball games with D like that.

I don’t believe Clarke will be back until he is. NCAA is a joke! D1 the players don’t even go to class, collect NIL, etc!
    Somebody has to step up a bit as the fourth option.

Now that Waldo is playing he seems like an option. Time for Joe to take off the diapers.

Petteno does a lot away from the ball but by now it's clear he's not the scorer they thought they were getting. Lambert could be that guy although he never got going last night.

Brooks is actually pretty dominant around the rim (when he catches the ball). They run nothing for him, however.

It's not going to be KJ or Sark. They have a definite red light.

Not many options when you're down to 9 guys.

If they do somehow get Clarke back that obviously changes everything.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Bryce and Stewart went bonkers.

78-48 Final
    Good....let the Swifties get a taste of their own medicine even if it's not in foosball.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    While I certainly don’t expect to see that type of shooting every night, it’s nice to know the capability is there. I never would’ve believed a performance like that was possible 24 hours ago. Honestly with the possible exception of Gannon, who I admittedly haven’t actually watched yet, there probably isn’t a team in the west that IUP can’t beat, but there’s also, with the possible exception of Edinboro, not a team that can’t beat them. In the end though, I think they still face the same question as when Dallis and Clarke were playing. Can anybody outside the big 3 score when those guys aren’t cooking?
    Edinboro is getting better. Never say never. They gave ESU a serious run yesterday for about 38 minutes.

If (huge if) Cal can ever get healthy I still think they'd be the best team. WCU played out of its mind yesterday and barely beat them.

However, Gannon will likely hammer their makeshift lineup on Saturday.

Danny is likely praying to the Snow Gods this storm hits and the PPD the game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

MacNamara apparently got an upper body injury while at home over break. It wasn’t basketball related per Joe’s pregame interview last night. It sounded like he’d be back for the next game. Joe was reluctant to provide any details but it might be something that has some humor to go along with it reading between the lines.
    Shepherd guard nominated today for an Oscar.

Lambert (140 lbs) hit this dude and he flew (flopped) like 1989 Tyson decked him.

It was hilarious

Lambert got called lol

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Per WCCS:

Dallis had knee surgery yesterday.

Denzel is having knee surgery tomorrow (explains that).

Also, redshirt PG Anthony Watson appears shut down for the season with an arm injury.

Obviously Clarke is out.

Callum MacNamara didn't dress last night.

So, that's a third of the roster on the shelf.
    MacNamara apparently got an upper body injury while at home over break. It wasn’t basketball related per Joe’s pregame interview last night. It sounded like he’d be back for the next game. Joe was reluctant to provide any details but it might be something that has some humor to go along with it reading between the lines.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Bryce is a good shooter but not that good. That was his ceiling last night. You can’t expect him to drop bombs inside half court the rest of the year.

Let’s be clear, all the scoring last night came from 3 players. If one is off they could struggle.

I don’t believe Clarke will be back until he is. NCAA is a joke! D1 the players don’t even go to class, collect NIL, etc!
    There has to be more to the Clarke story (maybe there is and I've just not read it). To be ruled academically ineligible midseason heading into the next semester seems like a credit issue, not necessarily grades. I wonder if something got mixed up with his transfer. That said, if he is actually ineligible because of his grades, I would have to image that there could have been warning signs of that from his transcript.

Either way, what a mess.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Per WCCS:

Dallis had knee surgery yesterday.

Denzel is having knee surgery tomorrow (explains that).

Also, redshirt PG Anthony Watson appears shut down for the season with an arm injury.

Obviously Clarke is out.

Callum MacNamara didn't dress last night.

So, that's a third of the roster on the shelf.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I agree with the above comment that they'll look like that occasionally -- and on other nights get blown out of the building.

Is what it is at this point. Only so many guys left. Redshirts are still in tracksuits.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    While I certainly don’t expect to see that type of shooting every night, it’s nice to know the capability is there. I never would’ve believed a performance like that was possible 24 hours ago. Honestly with the possible exception of Gannon, who I admittedly haven’t actually watched yet, there probably isn’t a team in the west that IUP can’t beat, but there’s also, with the possible exception of Edinboro, not a team that can’t beat them. In the end though, I think they still face the same question as when Dallis and Clarke were playing. Can anybody outside the big 3 score when those guys aren’t cooking?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    BTW, rumor is they think Clarke is going to win his appeal and could be cleared to return very quickly (by next game).

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

As far as IUP is concerned, I think it was more about it being one of those nights and I thought a favorable matchup. Shepherd looked very slow to me. They have some big bodies but they don’t move well and struggled to defend IUP’s quick guards. IUP defended very well though and I think that’s what can be counted on moving forward more than the offense. Few teams are going to go 16-23 from deep consistently. I was surprised that Joe went to the press so much with a thin bench. Credit to the players for being able to maintain pressure throughout. They never seemed to tire. I also thought Waldo did a nice job defending at mid court in the press. His long wingspan made it difficult on Shepherd getting the ball across.

Cal fighting injury issues again. Interesting.
    You could tell early Shepherd had no idea who Bryce was until he lit them up in the first half. Second half they adjusted to him which opened up Stewart and Ethan. Of course, Bryce just started hitting them from deeper.

Needless to say he'll get a lot of attention moving forward.

Shepherd was fresh off a win against Mercyhurst and has played some others pretty tough.

Last night anyway I thought IUP's intensity caught them off guard.

That was a real big game for Stewart, too. Nice to see him finally have a green light.

Obviously they won't shoot like that every night but in a painful season it was nice to see them have a big night. They smothered Shepherd's two top guards. McCain-Corley was visibly frustrated.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Wow. Some really weird results in the league tonight. I'm not shocked that IUP won, but I am surprised by the margin and the amazing shooting percentage. Maybe they've stumbled into something, or maybe it was just one of those nights.

West Chester and Shepherd continue to be two of the most puzzling teams in the PSAC. You have no idea how either of them are going to come out night to night. Missing starters for Cal or not, that was a big win for the Rams.

And I certainly didn't see UPJ getting torrid against the Raiders tonight. Ship is getting killed on the boards and I don't think I ever thought I'd see the day when a Chris Fite team had given up 90 points or more in five games before the halfway mark of the season. Donovan Hill can't get into the lineup soon enough.
    As far as IUP is concerned, I think it was more about it being one of those nights and I thought a favorable matchup. Shepherd looked very slow to me. They have some big bodies but they don’t move well and struggled to defend IUP’s quick guards. IUP defended very well though and I think that’s what can be counted on moving forward more than the offense. Few teams are going to go 16-23 from deep consistently. I was surprised that Joe went to the press so much with a thin bench. Credit to the players for being able to maintain pressure throughout. They never seemed to tire. I also thought Waldo did a nice job defending at mid court in the press. His long wingspan made it difficult on Shepherd getting the ball across.

Cal fighting injury issues again. Interesting.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Wow. Some really weird results in the league tonight. I'm not shocked that IUP won, but I am surprised by the margin and the amazing shooting percentage. Maybe they've stumbled into something, or maybe it was just one of those nights.

West Chester and Shepherd continue to be two of the most puzzling teams in the PSAC. You have no idea how either of them are going to come out night to night. Missing starters for Cal or not, that was a big win for the Rams.

And I certainly didn't see UPJ getting torrid against the Raiders tonight. Ship is getting killed on the boards and I don't think I ever thought I'd see the day when a Chris Fite team had given up 90 points or more in five games before the halfway mark of the season. Donovan Hill can't get into the lineup soon enough.
    I watched the second half of Cal vs WCU. The Rams went insane in the second half ... scoring 60-some and hitting everything.

Cal had more bad news. Starting PG Whitehead appeared to roll his ankle pretty badly and missed the final 8-9 minutes. Palek and Polak weren't dressed, nor was reserve big Hannah.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

Radford went 8 for 11 from deep and 7 of those were beyond NBA range.

I think they hit 16 of 23 from deep.

That was also a great defensive performance holding them to 48. They made them work for every single shot.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X