X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Bryce Radford returning as a mid-year transfer is extremely interesting. He's obviously not coming back to ride pine.

He instantly bulks up the guard room and gives Joe a serious deep threat.

Radford can play all three guard spots, and is a good locker room guy.

I think this is great news for the program.
    I’d be more excited if he grew 6 inches and gained 50 lbs while he was away.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Porterfield is a "Game-time decision" tonight per WCCS.

​​​​​​With his status (already not practicing) I was expecting a mid-year post player addition. Maybe it still happens.

If he's only going to play once this week, tonight is the one they need him.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-18-2023, 06:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

IUP really needed to add some scoring, especially with Petteno not meeting expectations on offense or defense and Stewart not exactly asserting himself as a scorer. I assume Bryce has matured a bit since he was here, not saying that he was immature then. He’s just a little older and maybe physically stronger with improved basketball IQ. As long as he doesn’t come in and try to do too much it’s an addition that should make IUP better.

Any word on Tomiwa transferring back? :)

Radford should allow for Clarke and Dallis to take a couple breaks (and not play 37 mpg). Bryce can also shoot from all over which other teams have to watch. He helps spread the floor. I don't think Joe's bench guards were striking fear in to anybody.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Great offensive addition and great locker room leader. Let’s also not forget how much of a defensive liability he was at this level. That’s exactly why he didn’t see more PT previous.
    IUP really needed to add some scoring, especially with Petteno not meeting expectations on offense or defense and Stewart not exactly asserting himself as a scorer. I assume Bryce has matured a bit since he was here, not saying that he was immature then. He’s just a little older and maybe physically stronger with improved basketball IQ. As long as he doesn’t come in and try to do too much it’s an addition that should make IUP better.

Any word on Tomiwa transferring back? :)

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaan. (Yeah, Stugotz?)

A high-scoring guard from West Virginia who helped in a reserve role on a PSAC champion team. Transferred back home for more playing time and scored 13 points a game.

And just like that. Make no mistake about it.

Bryce Radford. Is. BACK!
    Great offensive addition and great locker room leader. Let’s also not forget how much of a defensive liability he was at this level. That’s exactly why he didn’t see more PT previous.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Bryce Radford returning as a mid-year transfer is extremely interesting. He's obviously not coming back to ride pine.

He instantly bulks up the guard room and gives Joe a serious deep threat.

Radford can play all three guard spots, and is a good locker room guy.

I think this is great news for the program.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by hawks16 View Post

A high-scoring guard from West Virginia who helped in a reserve role on a PSAC champion team. Transferred back home for more playing time and scored 13 points a game.

Bryce Radford. Is. BACK!
    Excellent

Great mid-year addition

Leave a comment:

• hawks16
    replied

Bryce Radford. Is. BACK!

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

If I’m a current player that has a chance to get NIL money I’d jump on it now because I have a feeling there’s going to be a course correction down the road. My guess is it will be in the form of direct compensation from the school and possibly tied to work study arrangements. I expect it would also be capped to help control competitive balance.

I’m not opposed to athletes getting money, but I’m not a fan of NIL and what it’s already doing to make a lot of athletic programs essentially irrelevant when it comes to competing for championships.
    NIL is a way to get outside $s into D1 P5 football. It will make a very limited number of players wealthy, it will give a wider pool of players some "pocket money" but at the end of the day, college football below the D1 P5 star level will suffer.

Same will happen with D1 basketball. Some players will make pretty good $, some will get a few scraps but most will lose our completely.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Jrshooter and I both questioned Mansfield being picked for last in the East. They've got a few guys back, and a couple of them could play for about any PSAC school. I don't think they have much height, so Porterfield might be a problem for them, plus Dillard and Clarke should match up well with their guards.
    Their PG Ali was in the Portal this summer but decided to stay. IUP looked at him but for whatever reason it didn't pan out.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Tomorrow may be tougher than we originally thought.

Mansfield has some tight losses - including an OT loss to a Dominican team that just beat WL.
    Jrshooter and I both questioned Mansfield being picked for last in the East. They've got a few guys back, and a couple of them could play for about any PSAC school. I don't think they have much height, so Porterfield might be a problem for them, plus Dillard and Clarke should match up well with their guards.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Tomorrow may be tougher than we originally thought.

Mansfield has some tight losses - including an OT loss to a Dominican team that just beat WL.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

The more success these guy have will further prompt the next group to leave.

Those guys got mad offers as soon as they entered the Portal. Tomiwa had 20+ offers (all mid-Major) in 48 hours. I'm not sure about the others but it was probably similar.

The guards are a little more tricky but the talented bigs will be gone the second they enter. Supply and demand. Guards are more dime a dozen.

I'm not opposed to NIL money at our schools. Why not (if the program has the means)?
    Didn't say I was opposed to it, just that I doubt many PSAC schools will have a lot of money to throw at it. And it probably will make competitively unbalanced leagues even more unbalance. Obviously, there are more opportunities for NIL action at some PSAC locations than others.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Those guys got mad offers as soon as they entered the Portal. Tomiwa had 20+ offers (all mid-Major) in 48 hours. I'm not sure about the others but it was probably similar.

The guards are a little more tricky but the talented bigs will be gone the second they enter. Supply and demand. Guards are more dime a dozen.

I'm not opposed to NIL money at our schools. Why not (if the program has the means)?
    If I’m a current player that has a chance to get NIL money I’d jump on it now because I have a feeling there’s going to be a course correction down the road. My guess is it will be in the form of direct compensation from the school and possibly tied to work study arrangements. I expect it would also be capped to help control competitive balance.

I’m not opposed to athletes getting money, but I’m not a fan of NIL and what it’s already doing to make a lot of athletic programs essentially irrelevant when it comes to competing for championships.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Most PSAC teams are having enough trouble just maintaining enough scholarships to be somewhat competitive. If we have to start tossing NIL money at people, I think it will be a swift bye-bye to most of them.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X