• Show
Clear All

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    UPJ 43
    IUP 34

Half

I thought West Chester was the worst defensive first half ever by an IUP team. It wasn't. This crap show was.

IUP got KILLED on the boards. UPJ 58% from field ... numerous wide open shots.

IUP 7 TOs ... 5 of which you see on playgrounds.

Joe may go insane in that locker room. Long way to go. They are actually dang lucky to only be down 9 right now.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

UPJ 43
    IUP 34

Half

I thought West Chester was the worst defensive first half ever by an IUP team. It wasn't. This crap show was.

IUP got KILLED on the boards. UPJ 58% from field ... numerous wide open shots.

IUP 7 TOs ... 5 of which you see on playgrounds.

Joe may go insane in that locker room. Long way to go. They are actually dang lucky to only be down 9 right now.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

IUP getting walloped

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Anybody heading to Johnstown .... a few slick spots in the higher elevations.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

It appears there will be no addition made to the roster. Chemistry-wise it would be pretty tough to import a player at this point. The Fairmont State victory was the best they've looked all year -- by far.

Next four games:

Wed: at UPJ -- rarely a pushover ... UPJ always puts up a good fight.

Saturday: Mercyhurst -- typically a battle ... one of the more entertaining nights of the year to watch the coaches banter and pretend to like each other

Monday: Slippery Rock -- Nobody ignites the KCAC quite like Kevin Reynolds -- even if there's only 600 there on a Monday night over break. SRU is big, deep and talented.

Wed: East Stroudsburg -- Going from the Mercyhurst and SRU muscle style to East Stroudsburg's 100 mph pace couldn't be more polar opposite.

Tough stretch ... not an easy one in there. Luckily three of the four are at home.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Spent most of my afternoon digging out of the white stuff here. Snowblower, snow plow, and good ole shoveling. I think we had something like five inches or so. A real pain to deal with!

Has it snowed yet in Erie this winter?
    Five inches? That's a wee dusting here on the Erie lakeshore.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

I'm not sure how Pitt picked land for its branches but all but one Pitt "in name only" campuses are rather disjointed from their namesake locations. Pitt Titusville is still within the main town but hardly an impactful location for the town partially because it's so small.

Pitt Bradford is several miles out of town and Pitt Greensburg is tucked out of the way as well. None of the four are impressive campuses. Maybe Bradford if I had to choose one.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I used to go up once a year for a hockey game ... relive SlapShot for a night.

We go up there about once a year for dinner just for something different. There are a couple good restaurants downtown.

But, yes, the UPJ campus is kind of secluded from Johnstown itself.

You'd think IUP and UPJ would have a good rivalry being so close but not so much.

I remember they had some real good teams in the late 90s and early 00s. They beat a big IUP team at the Field House one night.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Exactly where in Johnstown is the UPJ campus? Is it on the side near the Incline Plane and Point Stadium? I was just there last fall with visions of 6-2 Stack Monster and Alexander stuffed at the goal line.

-
    It's out in the suburbs across the street from Richland high school.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Exactly where in Johnstown is the UPJ campus? Is it on the side near the Incline Plane and Point Stadium? I was just there last fall with visions of 6-2 Stack Monster and Alexander stuffed at the goal line.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

IUP missed one blizzard. Next up ... Johnstown. Hopefully the weather cooperates. That stretch from Indiana to Johnstown isn't real fun in bad weather.

IUP returns home this Saturday to a date with Mercyhurst and its famed Triangle and Two 'junk' defense. That defense is designed to take away a 'star' player (like when IUP had Norfleet). This year ... not really a star per se ... lot of equal weapons.

It's a tough week. Both opposing coaches know IUP very well and always put up tough fights.

A big crossover game with East Stroudsburg (KCAC) follows. I caught most of the ESU game last night. They are fully healthy now. They ran a very aggressive press for the first 30 minutes until the game got out of hand. When they are hitting that's a real nice team. Good inside and outside. Fast.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Spent most of my afternoon digging out of the white stuff here. Snowblower, snow plow, and good ole shoveling. I think we had something like five inches or so. A real pain to deal with!

Has it snowed yet in Erie this winter?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Fairmont just beat the crap out of a solid Le Moyne team. Nice boost for IUP.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

This sucks! Now I've got nothing to do today other than digging out.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X