X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

They let the old folks home KCAC rattle the heck out of them tonight. If the students were there they'd have brawled.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Imagine if IUP actually had a crowd there to really get into the game. How much more chirping and out of control would SRU have gotten?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

What annoys me more is SRU could be a REALLY GOOD team.

They play disciplined and mature they could win the PCAC.

Play like hot head tough guys they lose to good teams.

Man do I wish IUP would have got Micah Till.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

SRU ran out of gas. And ... turned in to a street ball team. They got rattled and let it effect their play.

Final score was a bit deceiving but so be it. I think they got 10 points in the final 20 seconds with the technicals and the walk-off trey at buzzer.

Rock didn't shake hands during player intros and then sent a ball boy to slap the IUP players hands. TOTAL BUSH LEAGUE.

They had to stop a player from coming in to the stands. Their players were more worried about the front row of Section 112 than playing in the second half. Twice they purposely stepped in to IUP's huddle.

Playground B.S.

That great defense we heard so much about also got shredded.

Leave a comment:

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied

Yeah, the SRU teams of the past that can't shoot straight showed up in the 2nd half. SRU is better than past few years, but they had no answer for Cobo...he was solid. Glover was money too...

Good entertaining game. It won't be easy at SRU...

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Typical Kevin Reynolds team. The team takes the personality of the coach. I'll leave it at that. The game ended up being closer than it should have been but it was a big win!

Leave a comment:

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied

I like Spruell better than McDonald...He makes them go...Long lefty guard, who can shoot a little bit..

We'll see what happens..I'm hoping to catch the stream...

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

No doubt about Till. He's a beast. I really like McDonald, too.

Crazy to think that Harford team last year had Till, McDonald and IUP redshirt Dom Keyes.

Kudos to SRU for landing those two. I know both had upward of (10) D2 offers. They both play 'tough', too ... very gritty and physical and have multiple years at SRU (not the norm).

It's imperative IUP shoots well tonight. Second-chance points are going to be sparse against that Rock lineup. And, you nailed it, ... the years Reynolds has shooters he's very hard to beat. One interesting angle is the 'bigs' for the two teams are pretty different. IUP's all shoot the trey and need to be covered out there. It will be interesting to watch how KR defends that element -- while at the same time how Joe attempts to stop the rock-em-sock-em style under the basket.

All that said ... remember the old Nature Boy.

To be the man ... you gotta beat the man.

IUP has won 18 straight PSAC West games entering tonight. I like IUP's guards better in this one. And, I'm a homer. IUP -1.5
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-08-2018, 01:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUP Extra Mile
    replied

I think SRU keeps it close and possibly wins. I've seen them, and they play hard (as usual), rebound like kings (as usual), but this team has the ability to hit jumpers...you won't get confused and think it's WL out there, but I think that helps them immensely...Their big man, Micah Till, only a soph, but 6'7" 250 and nimble on his feet...he's pretty good...

Should be a good one...

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Slippery Rock is getting a lot of buzz ... lot of people drinking the green tea.

Call me skeptical.

When you look at records and stats ... sure, they look great.

* 12-2 record with a scoring margin of +14.3
    * +13.2 rebounding
    * Only 13 TOs per game
    * 6 steals and 6 blocks per game
    * 47% FG
    * 36% from deep

Here's where things get skewed a bit:

The Rock played perhaps the worst non-conference schedule in America.

Glenville State (2-11)
    West Virginia Wesleyan (1-13)
    University of District of Columbia (1-12)
    Daemen (8-6)
    Carlow (D3 doesn't count in March)
    Ohio University Eastern (D3 doesn't count in March ... not to mention the 145 points scored are a nice statistical boost)

Conference-wise:
    Lock Haven (5-7)
    Bloomsburg (7-5)
    Millersville (4-10)
    Mercyhurst (5-6)
    California (6-8)

D2 opponents' combined record SRU has beat: 44-86 (not figuring the two meaningless D3 games in to this equation or it would be even worse)

Teams that beat SRU combined record: 19-5

SRU's two losses:
    Kutztown (10-2)
    Shippensburg (9-3)

SRU is going to look like an NBA team when it comes out. They are big (5 at 6'9" or taller). This is without question KR's best team in years. But, they aren't playing Glenville State tonight. IUP is going to create all kinds of problems for them. Joe's team is big, disciplined, plays defense, moves the ball and can drain the three from all five spots. IUP hits free throws. Joe played the polar opposite schedule of Kevin Reynolds so far and is well battle tested.

I see SRU coming out guns-a-blazing tonight. They haven't won in Indiana in 27 years and I'm sure are tired of hearing about it. But, I want to see how they respond to adversity. You can't beat IUP hitting 60 percent of your free throws and losing your temper.

Slippery Rock may be as advertised. The statistical data to this point ... doesn't quite back it up. It shows they've beat up on terrible teams and a few average ones -- and lost to both good teams it has played. It shows their two D3 games have blown up their scoring averages.

Tonight is going to tell a lot about this Slippery Rock team. One thing about Joe's teams is they play 40 minutes. To beat them, you have to beat them all 40 minutes. They keep coming. Can SRU do it for 40 minutes?

IUP has a history of playing in and winning big games. How will SRU react tonight when the lights get bright?
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-08-2018, 08:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I'd call them playing tonight a toss-up right now. It sounds like Indiana is going to get his fairly good today with bad weather.

Leave a comment:

• IUPTrackMan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    The announced gate was 999 ... pretty dull crowd.

That holiday break being 6 weeks is just a killer. You take out the cheerleaders, dance teams and students and it just gets pretty lame in there.
    Well, at least it is conference wide so all the schools have the same issue.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The announced gate was 999 ... pretty dull crowd.

That holiday break being 6 weeks is just a killer. You take out the cheerleaders, dance teams and students and it just gets pretty lame in there.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Women's final: IUP 89 Mercyhurst 38

Geez oh man.
    IUP win 100 for Irish Tom.

Looked like an awful lot of empty seats in the arena as evidenced by the pictures of the game in the local edition.

-

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X