Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobra Hawks
    replied
    Think we all knew this would be a transitional year and not the norm of years past especially with so many new players coming in. Could be a bit early to say this but would be good to see Joe look forward to next season and bring on some players to gain experience and get some confidence up.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    At least the women are good. Typically you had crowds roll in about the fourth quarter of the women’s games to watch the men. Now we may see people watching the women and leaving before halftime of the men’s game. It’s going to be a pretty uncomfortable season for IUP men’s basketball after the many years of elite play and post-season runs.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Cobra Hawks View Post

Crikey. Bit pessimistic. Agreed might be a few tight games but can only see Cal, Gannon and ESU winning against IUP
    I think this is a bit optimistic. IUP may win more than 3-4 more, but I don’t think they’ll win 6-7. The only upside is the game experience some other guys will get for the future. The 23-24 season is done as far as competing for a playoff spot.

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Hawks
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Being realistic (and looking at the schedule) ... I don't see IUP winning more than 3 or 4 games the rest of the way. That may even be a stretch.

It's sad for the players as that was slowly becoming a decent team. I feel bad for Ethan.

It's just far too much starpower to lose.

Joe can't even add anybody else off the street as there's no money left.
    Crikey. Bit pessimistic. Agreed might be a few tight games but can only see Cal, Gannon and ESU winning against IUP

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Being realistic (and looking at the schedule) ... I don't see IUP winning more than 3 or 4 games the rest of the way. That may even be a stretch.

It's sad for the players as that was slowly becoming a decent team. I feel bad for Ethan.

It's just far too much starpower to lose.

Joe can't even add anybody else off the street as there's no money left.

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Hawks
    replied
    Not too bad considering Dillard and Clarke not playing

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    The IUP offense is inept but we kind of knew that was going to happen. Lambert must play more bc he creates. Ethan had to work harder to score and it’ll be like this the rest of the year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Brooks hands are terrible!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Sorry about Dillard. I hate to see any team lose a player to injury, and it certainly has to be hard on the kid.
    Yes. It really is a terrible break for him. He's a really good young man. Hopefully he can get a medical redshirt but he may be just beyond the cutoff.

Clarke, my opinion, was quickly becoming the best PG in the league.

There's unfortunately no recovering from that type of two-man loss - certainly not for this roster.

These ACL losses have unfortunately become a bad tradition here the past 6 years -- Tommy Demo, Shawndale, Dillard.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

This team wasn't that good with Dillard and Clarke.

Without them, well, isn't going to be pretty.

They are going to take some serious beatings.
    Sorry about Dillard. I hate to see any team lose a player to injury, and it certainly has to be hard on the kid.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Cobra Hawks View Post
    Dillard been seen hobbling around and doubts over another starter as well. Not looking good for to tonight
    This team wasn't that good with Dillard and Clarke.

Without them, well, isn't going to be pretty.

They are going to take some serious beatings.

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Hawks
    replied
    Dillard been seen hobbling around and doubts over another starter as well. Not looking good for to tonight

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

It's amazing to think Edwards won a Regional with (6) guys and a couple non-playing walk-ons until you think of who those (6) guys were. That was just an incredible story.

Imagine Mims playing against this current team? He'd go for 35 and 18 rebounds every time.

Ethan is a great player but Mims would have ate him for lunch and dinner.
    Ethan is a symphony and Mims was a bad boy rock concert. Both can be good music but completely different styles.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Dennis Mims would’ve been my first choice but he was mentioned already.

Aaron Faulkner and Eric Castorino were a couple of the best guards to ever play at IUP! Castorino’s hustle was the best I’ve ever seen and Faulkner’s smoothness and sniper 3 ball were absolutely awesome!
    It's amazing to think Edwards won a Regional with (6) guys and a couple non-playing walk-ons until you think of who those (6) guys were. That was just an incredible story.

Imagine Mims playing against this current team? He'd go for 35 and 18 rebounds every time.

Ethan is a great player but Mims would have ate him for lunch and dinner.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Dennis Mims would’ve been my first choice but he was mentioned already.

Aaron Faulkner and Eric Castorino were a couple of the best guards to ever play at IUP! Castorino’s hustle was the best I’ve ever seen and Faulkner’s smoothness and sniper 3 ball were absolutely awesome!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X