X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Stewart has been a big disappointment. For him not to be in the game late when IUP needed ball handlers to get the ball up the floor spoke volumes. The look on his face while riding the pine spoke volumes. Once Radford suits up we might forget that Stewart is on the team. Other than his big night at UPJ last year, it’s hard to remember any consistent contribution. Petteno is right there with him. I like his effort but he has to hit at least 40% from long distance to keep him on the floor. He’s not even half that now. With the way Lambert is playing, I’d just roll with that dude and and give him some of Stewart’s and Petteno’s minutes. Of course, all that changes if Dallis’ injury is serious. I didn’t like the way he left the floor. Speaking of injuries, I thought Ethan looked as healthy as he’s been in a while. That’s a good sign going into the break.

It was an ugly win but a good one. I think it’s harder to play game two at home after winning the night before, especially against a lesser opponent. The ladies weren’t as good either, but gutted out a win. Bloom was motivated after the embarrassing performance the night before and even though it was a loss, probably played their best game. Those kids played really hard for 40 minutes.
    Dallis took quite the hit to the knee. He'll be sore for several days. Hopefully that is the extent of it. I don't think it was an ACL issue. I think he landed odd and then slammed it off the floor very hard.

BTW, far and away the worst zebra crew in the league last night. It went both ways. Those guys ruin the game. They must be so hard up for officials that they are just stuck with them.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

I kinda started feeling bad for Petteno. He’s clearly playing out of position and, as Jack and Tony pointed out, he has no confidence shooting the ball. He got an offensive rebound at point blank range and tried putting it back in one motion and missed the rim completely.

Jaylen Stewart’s lack of improvement might be the biggest disappointment in a season that’s had a lot of them so far.
    Stewart has been a big disappointment. For him not to be in the game late when IUP needed ball handlers to get the ball up the floor spoke volumes. The look on his face while riding the pine spoke volumes. Once Radford suits up we might forget that Stewart is on the team. Other than his big night at UPJ last year, it’s hard to remember any consistent contribution. Petteno is right there with him. I like his effort but he has to hit at least 40% from long distance to keep him on the floor. He’s not even half that now. With the way Lambert is playing, I’d just roll with that dude and and give him some of Stewart’s and Petteno’s minutes. Of course, all that changes if Dallis’ injury is serious. I didn’t like the way he left the floor. Speaking of injuries, I thought Ethan looked as healthy as he’s been in a while. That’s a good sign going into the break.

It was an ugly win but a good one. I think it’s harder to play game two at home after winning the night before, especially against a lesser opponent. The ladies weren’t as good either, but gutted out a win. Bloom was motivated after the embarrassing performance the night before and even though it was a loss, probably played their best game. Those kids played really hard for 40 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    IUP's defense was a mess. Giving up 46 in the second half was horrendous.

Don't get too excited about this 6-game streak. It hasn't exactly been against world-beaters. This team needs a lot of work.

Petteno and Stewart have to step it up. They aren't freshmen. Time to show up. Lambert (a true freshman walk-on) is playing ahead of them now. The team needs them both.
    I kinda started feeling bad for Petteno. He’s clearly playing out of position and, as Jack and Tony pointed out, he has no confidence shooting the ball. He got an offensive rebound at point blank range and tried putting it back in one motion and missed the rim completely.

Jaylen Stewart’s lack of improvement might be the biggest disappointment in a season that’s had a lot of them so far.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP's defense was a mess. Giving up 46 in the second half was horrendous.

Don't get too excited about this 6-game streak. It hasn't exactly been against world-beaters. This team needs a lot of work.

Petteno and Stewart have to step it up. They aren't freshmen. Time to show up. Lambert (a true freshman walk-on) is playing ahead of them now. The team needs them both.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Bloomsburg played hard. That was a very motivated bunch. Very physical game.

That said, Bloomsburg is a bad team. Not a good night for IUP.

Once again, they can't shoot from the FT line ... 9-19 in second half.

Classic case of when you pi$$ around and give a team hope ... That's exactly what happens.

KJ hasn't played in weeks and Joe went to him instead of others. He played pretty good.

Stewart benched whole second half. Petteno basically was, too.

Leave a comment:

• IUsuallyPonder
    replied
    Well, they won. I think that’s about the best thing one can say about that game.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    KJ giving a spark

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Hawks
    replied
    Definitely a backwards step from last night. Poor 1st half. Probably thought it would be a walk in the park

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I’m glad you brought up Petteno. He wasn’t looking to shoot at all but he certainly scrapped out there. That might be the best role for him and that might help him build confidence shooting. He’s not the most athletic guy out there but he competes hard every second he’s on the floor. You need a guy like that.

That was my first in-person game and you certainly see a lot more than you do on the stream. I liked IUP’s energy and I thought Joe did a good job with his rotation. Clarke is a very, very good point guard. I know his turnovers were up a bit last night but we haven’t seen a guy play the point like that around here for a while. He never gives up his dribble and is exhausting to defend. Seeing him in person I was very impressed. The spark from Lambert was huge and his scoring in the first half is what caused the separation. It’s going to be interesting to see who loses minutes when Radford suits up. As mentioned previously, he probably doesn’t come back if the plan is for him to ride the pine.
    Before last night, Clarke had a 5 to 1 assist to TO ratio (unreal for a PG). He got in to a little 'hot dog' at times last night which has been uncharacteristic. He's incredible driving the hole. He's scoring or getting fouled. Lighting quick. Unfortunately he's not great at the FT line. But, he had some incredible assists last night. IUP hasn't had a true PG in 8 years.

He was very gun shy early in the year. Now that Joe's cut him loose he's a monster.

Only thing I didn't like was they kind of let Mansfield hang around. They should have blown that game wide open. Joe put on the brakes.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

I don't know about EP tonight. He was pretty ragged by the end last night. That was a pretty physical game.

They should hammer this team tonight. Perhaps EP plays the first half.

I sure don't want to see a repeat of last year and Joe playing his stars up 60 against PSU-Egypt.

Ironic the first game since the Bryce Radford signing news that IUP hits 14 treys.

I thought Petteno played a good game last night. He wasn't part of the offense at all (ironic for an alleged sharp shooter) but he did a lot of the dirty work stuff pretty well.

Stewart was the only one who jumped out as having a so-so night on defense. He had several treys drained on him after giving up too much space or being late. Joe blasted him a couple times.

Stewart better step it up with Radford in town. That's his job on the line now. Clarke and Dillard aren't sitting, and Lambert is making a case to see more time.

​​​​​​
    I’m glad you brought up Petteno. He wasn’t looking to shoot at all but he certainly scrapped out there. That might be the best role for him and that might help him build confidence shooting. He’s not the most athletic guy out there but he competes hard every second he’s on the floor. You need a guy like that.

That was my first in-person game and you certainly see a lot more than you do on the stream. I liked IUP’s energy and I thought Joe did a good job with his rotation. Clarke is a very, very good point guard. I know his turnovers were up a bit last night but we haven’t seen a guy play the point like that around here for a while. He never gives up his dribble and is exhausting to defend. Seeing him in person I was very impressed. The spark from Lambert was huge and his scoring in the first half is what caused the separation. It’s going to be interesting to see who loses minutes when Radford suits up. As mentioned previously, he probably doesn’t come back if the plan is for him to ride the pine.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Ethan is not getting the night off and KJ will see the floor for this 100 win together stuff. Ugh
    I don't know about EP tonight. He was pretty ragged by the end last night. That was a pretty physical game.

They should hammer this team tonight. Perhaps EP plays the first half.

I sure don't want to see a repeat of last year and Joe playing his stars up 60 against PSU-Egypt.

Ironic the first game since the Bryce Radford signing news that IUP hits 14 treys.

I thought Petteno played a good game last night. He wasn't part of the offense at all (ironic for an alleged sharp shooter) but he did a lot of the dirty work stuff pretty well.

Stewart was the only one who jumped out as having a so-so night on defense. He had several treys drained on him after giving up too much space or being late. Joe blasted him a couple times.

Stewart better step it up with Radford in town. That's his job on the line now. Clarke and Dillard aren't sitting, and Lambert is making a case to see more time.

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I'd say Gannon is the front-runner in the the region right now.

I wouldn't doubt Joe gives EP the night off tonight.
    Ethan is not getting the night off and KJ will see the floor for this 100 win together stuff. Ugh

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Cobra Hawks View Post
    Good W for sure and much improved. KJ will be on the floor tonight so Joe can give him his 100th game. Real litmus test for this team will be ESU before the end of the year. Gannon 2 weeks after that. What Jordan Fee has done there is a game changer. Think they will will win PSAC
    I'd say Gannon is the front-runner in the the region right now.

I wouldn't doubt Joe gives EP the night off tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Hawks
    replied
    Good W for sure and much improved. KJ will be on the floor tonight so Joe can give him his 100th game. Real litmus test for this team will be ESU before the end of the year. Gannon 2 weeks after that. What Jordan Fee has done there is a game changer. Think they will will win PSAC

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

There is a reason he was the guard chosen to start dressing. He's got talent and it shows. Joe is showing some confidence in him and left him out there a little longer tonight.
    That was the best IUP has looked all year. Night and day from a month ago.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X