X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hawks16
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's been the worst IUP sports year I can remember.
    IUP volleyball would like a word.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP has an off day this Saturday (bye date). With just one game this week, it's the perfect spot to break in Denzel and Romero-Sanz.

I don't see how Joe can't activate both of them. What happens if this current mish-mash active roster gets another sprained ankle, illness, etc.?

Keeping them in tracksuits, my opinion, is throwing in the towel on the season.

Granted, these two aren't going to save the season, but at the very least they should at least make IUP more competitive.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

No doubt. Denzel and Romero-Sanz need activated ASAP. Watson (third redshirt) is also injured and likely out for the season.

Redshirted players are there for an emergency. Joe has a CODE RED emergency.

S.O.S.
    Bryce Radford can’t be your code red savior!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

EP did things on the court yesterday that he’s never had to do. He’ll wear out quickly if he has to dribble up the court, dribble drive, etc!

It’s time to open up the cupboard and have all hands on deck.
    No doubt. Denzel and Romero-Sanz need activated ASAP. Watson (third redshirt) is also injured and likely out for the season.

Redshirted players are there for an emergency. Joe has a CODE RED emergency.

S.O.S.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

EP did things on the court yesterday that he’s never had to do. He’ll wear out quickly if he has to dribble up the court, dribble drive, etc!

I guess this was one way to get Waldo a ticket off Joe Island.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Correct. EP is going to get smothered with double-teams, etc.

Further reason to activate the redshirts.

Without help, it's going to be a VERY long winter.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Fresh off of Christmas break IUP competed very hard against a high caliber opponent. But the grind of playing every few days in January and February is set to begin. This team is going to struggle to score 50 points a game and their best player left standing, who has a long history of his own health issues, is going to draw even more attention from opponents. And a lot teams Joe has beat up on over the years are going to relish the opportunity to have a legit opportunity to beat him twice.

It’s going to be a long winter, just gotta hope that guys who are going to be here in the future get some good experience.
    Correct. EP is going to get smothered with double-teams, etc.

Further reason to activate the redshirts.

Without help, it's going to be a VERY long winter.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

On New year's eve, gotta say that its been the worst overall sport's year I can remember for people in the Indiana Area. IUP football and BB Down, Pitt horrible, PSU just got whipped easily by Mississippi, all pro teams stink. Maybe Next year will be better.
    It's been the worst IUP sports year I can remember.

I think Pitt MBB is in for a long ACC season (which started with yesterday's loss).

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Fresh off of Christmas break IUP competed very hard against a high caliber opponent. But the grind of playing every few days in January and February is set to begin. This team is going to struggle to score 50 points a game and their best player left standing, who has a long history of his own health issues, is going to draw even more attention from opponents. And a lot teams Joe has beat up on over the years are going to relish the opportunity to have a legit opportunity to beat him twice.

It’s going to be a long winter, just gotta hope that guys who are going to be here in the future get some good experience.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Here is what should happen:
    1) Lambert and Waldo must play more.
    2) KJ and Bryce should just come off the bench to give guys breathers and nothing else.
    3) come up with an offense that generates open looks, not this one on one crap.
    Obviously this team is just in play-it-out mode at this point. But, yes, it doesn't have to be a waste. Joe can set up next year pretty well.

Assuming Dallis, Clarke, Stewart, Brooks, Waldo and Lambert all return, he instantly has a strong core.

Denzel is also another strong guard who was injured in camp (leading to his redshirt).

I'd break Romero-Sanz in now (even though he's sat 11 games). Find out what you have. If he's a bust or has no potential, cut your losses this off-season. If he's legit, you know what to target this off-season.

I'd activate both redshirts. They are there for 'panic time' ... and, well, Joe's never had a bigger 'panic time' in his tenure.

Joe's only hope with what's left is to play turtle ball (I mean even slower than his normal pace).

Burn the tracksuits. Scoring 48 points yesterday was embarrassing - injuries or no injuries.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

On New year's eve, gotta say that it’s been the worst overall sport's year I can remember for people in the Indiana Area. IUP football and BB Down, Pitt horrible, PSU just got whipped easily by Mississippi, all pro teams stink. Maybe Next year will be better.
    Mason Rudolph leading the Steelers to glory will go a long way toward erasing a lot of those bad memories.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I think this is a bit optimistic. IUP may win more than 3-4 more, but I don’t think they’ll win 6-7. The only upside is the game experience some other guys will get for the future. The 23-24 season is done as far as competing for a playoff spot.
    On New year's eve, gotta say that its been the worst overall sport's year I can remember for people in the Indiana Area. IUP football and BB Down, Pitt horrible, PSU just got whipped easily by Mississippi, all pro teams stink. Maybe Next year will be better.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Here is what should happen:
    1) Lambert and Waldo must play more.
    2) KJ and Bryce should just come off the bench to give guys breathers and nothing else.
    3) come up with an offense that generates open looks, not this one on one crap.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Cobra Hawks View Post
    I'm talking Denzel and Romero-Sanz obviously.
    Agreed.

But, if they weren't dressed today, he's not going to do it.

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Hawks
    replied
    I'm talking Denzel and Romero-Sanz obviously.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X