X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Ship this year is in the biggest rebuilding mode Chris Fite has had in 6-7 years and is definitely not upper echelon at this point. And Denzel Figueroa and Kamau Mitchell, both of whom figure to get a lot of minutes this year, were not playing against Chestnut Hill. The team won't have played since Nov. 20, so perhaps they'll have time to return. The Raiders will need all hands on board to have a shot at IUP. I know it's not a vintage IUP team, but handling the IUP guards and Porterfield will be a problem for the Raiders. And they lack the size to take advantage of what looks to be IUP's biggest flaw — the lack of imposing power forwards after Porterfield. Talking of crossover weekends, traveling to Cal U. and Slippery Rock later in December will certainly be no cakewalk for Ship. While the team has been playing hard and has been more competitive than I thought they'd be to this point, I'd actually be pleased if we won any of the next four games against PSAC opponents. We're supposed to get a transfer who could help considerably after semester break, but that will be of no consequence in December.
    Nothing I’ve seen so far makes me think Friday won’t be a very competitive game. Even though IUP eventually pulled away from Frostburg, yesterday was not a great performance, which is pretty much in line with every game they’ve played to date. It’ll also be interesting because it’s IUP’s first road game, not that you get many raucous environments this time of year. Being away from home might actually help IUP relax a little.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

So a highly thought of recruit is benched, which in today’s college basketball probably means he’s done at IUP. There’s talk of burning red shirts. Ethan apparently still isn’t healthy. Other than that, everything is fine.

On a positive note, Furtun looks better the more he plays, outside of the occasional head scratching turnover, which will happen with a true freshman.

This will be an interesting crossover weekend. Ship and Lock Haven probably aren’t upper echelon PSAC teams but they won’t be pushovers either. It’ll be interesting to see how IUP stacks up.
    Ship this year is in the biggest rebuilding mode Chris Fite has had in 6-7 years and is definitely not upper echelon at this point. And Denzel Figueroa and Kamau Mitchell, both of whom figure to get a lot of minutes this year, were not playing against Chestnut Hill. The team won't have played since Nov. 20, so perhaps they'll have time to return. The Raiders will need all hands on board to have a shot at IUP. I know it's not a vintage IUP team, but handling the IUP guards and Porterfield will be a problem for the Raiders. And they lack the size to take advantage of what looks to be IUP's biggest flaw — the lack of imposing power forwards after Porterfield. Talking of crossover weekends, traveling to Cal U. and Slippery Rock later in December will certainly be no cakewalk for Ship. While the team has been playing hard and has been more competitive than I thought they'd be to this point, I'd actually be pleased if we won any of the next four games against PSAC opponents. We're supposed to get a transfer who could help considerably after semester break, but that will be of no consequence in December.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by Cobra Hawks View Post
    Post game comments from Joe doesn't sound good for Waldo. Callum is back up number 5 with Damir Josh and KJ sharing the 4
    So a highly thought of recruit is benched, which in today’s college basketball probably means he’s done at IUP. There’s talk of burning red shirts. Ethan apparently still isn’t healthy. Other than that, everything is fine.

On a positive note, Furtun looks better the more he plays, outside of the occasional head scratching turnover, which will happen with a true freshman.

This will be an interesting crossover weekend. Ship and Lock Haven probably aren’t upper echelon PSAC teams but they won’t be pushovers either. It’ll be interesting to see how IUP stacks up.

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Hawks
    replied
    Post game comments from Joe doesn't sound good for Waldo. Callum is back up number 5 with Damir Josh and KJ sharing the 4

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP1423 View Post
    Waldo not in rotation again tonight.
    Unfortunately, he's just not strong enough yet.

Leave a comment:

• IUP1423
    replied
    Waldo not in rotation again tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    A 16 point lead gets trimmed to 2 and then IUP has a late surge to go up 10 at the half. McNamara got some minutes, that’s the only difference I see from last night, though I must admit, I’m not exactly glued to this one.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    KJ enters and the double digits lead disappears.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    What is going on with the live stream audio. Yet again it's atrocious
    It won’t get better till after Christmas. Just be glad we have one this year.

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Hawks
    replied
    What is going on with the live stream audio. Yet again it's atrocious

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Listening to Joe’s pregame, he wasn’t high on Waldo. Said Ethan’s legs aren’t healthy, Brooks/Sarp would get more minutes and of course he said KJ will get his minutes
    What’s the deal with Ethan’s legs? I thought he was healthy… Good grief.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Yes, that is the assumption but you never know with Joe. He keeps playing KJ for crying out loud.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

To be fair St Thomas have some good players. One in particular in Patterson. D1 bound no doubt. Lambert and possible Romero-Sanz will be shedding their red shirts
    I was impressed with the St. Thomas team. I really didn't think IUP played too badly for the most part, but that was a good press St. Thomas put on and the biggest difference I saw was that they simply shot better than IUP. The Northwestern student section was mocked some years back for wearing T-shirts that simply said "Make shots," but after all that's the essence of basketball — making more shots than the other team.

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Hawks
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Thoughts:

1) Joe in his post game said he is probably going to take some red shirts off some guys. He basically implied some of his guys are playing soft and it's time for a competition.
    2) Sarp is very raw but he is a freshman so I'll give him a pass.
    3) KJ... enough said, ugh. He's obviously not allowed to shoot. What's that tell you?
    4) Petteno was a swing and miss for Joe.
    5) Stewey hasn't stepped up and maybe he isn't capable.
    6) Dallis, Ethan and Clarke then the rest.
    7) Who loses their red shirt?
    To be fair St Thomas have some good players. One in particular in Patterson. D1 bound no doubt. Lambert and possible Romero-Sanz will be shedding their red shirts

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Thoughts:

1) Joe in his post game said he is probably going to take some red shirts off some guys. He basically implied some of his guys are playing soft and it's time for a competition.
    2) Sarp is very raw but he is a freshman so I'll give him a pass.
    3) KJ... enough said, ugh. He's obviously not allowed to shoot. What's that tell you?
    4) Petteno was a swing and miss for Joe.
    5) Stewey hasn't stepped up and maybe he isn't capable.
    6) Dallis, Ethan and Clarke then the rest.
    7) Who loses their red shirt?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X