X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    You guys are being too negative. The team has a lot of potential, some things to sort out. DD took a big step forward last night. Clarke is getting to know how to run the offense better, shooting was much improved. It will keep getting better, how much, we’ll see. . It will be interesting to watch a team that doesn’t peak during the exhibition games.
    The top four guys are excellent players and absolutely should continue to improve in their increased roles. My question is, did Joe shrink his bench last night because he knew Walsh was very good or has he already lost faith in everybody else? If it’s the latter, that’s an issue. The season’s not lost. I don’t think they’ll play too many more teams as good as Walsh. And four top notch players can carry a team a long way, we’ve seen as few as two do it in the past. I just wonder what their legs will be like by February if they continue to get no help at all.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    You guys are being too negative. The team has a lot of potential, some things to sort out. DD took a big step forward last night. Clarke is getting to know how to run the offense better, shooting was much improved. It will keep getting better, how much, we’ll see. . It will be interesting to watch a team that doesn’t peak during the exhibition games.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMadLibs View Post

That may be the funniest, richest excuse I've heard. 5 players "returning," new coach and staff, 9 new freshmen and transfers, and even if two of the games were against lesser competitors, Gannon has looked at least like their coaching staff has some gameplan to bring them together playing as a unit. Joe? Looks old.
    Joe has been horrid. He's managed his roster and bench questionably for a long time now. He's not cut out to re-recruit his team every year and rebuild an entire team annually through the portal. That's not in his DNA and it's not the game he grew up in. That's just the reality.

To the point above, if they didn't lose Tomiwa (by many accounts because of how Joe utilized him), the returners they had would've been a good unit. Dillard and Stewart, while they may be good players, probably aren't cut out to be THE guy. IUP hasn't had any turnover like this since after maybe the 2018 season.
    I think their 2015-2016 team was probably a better team that had more talent, but some of the issues there are similar here. Brandon Norfleet was uber talented, but he wasn't the alpha or the dawg that Devante Chance was in the years prior. I think you can say the same for their guards now versus Jones and Morris. The difference though, is that was 7-8 years ago and Joe isn't the same coach he was then.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMadLibs View Post

That may be the funniest, richest excuse I've heard. 5 players "returning," new coach and staff, 9 new freshmen and transfers, and even if two of the games were against lesser competitors, Gannon has looked at least like their coaching staff has some gameplan to bring them together playing as a unit. Joe? Looks old.
    Joe is coaching like he's in the twilight. It was coming. We all knew it.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-17-2023, 05:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheMadLibs
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    All that said, they had far too much turnover, way too many new faces, and far too many unknowns. I'm not suggesting their season is "over," but I'm just not convinced this is a good team. I don't think they are particularly well coached right now either.

Leave a comment:

• bballfan03
    replied
    So who is this Rhodes guy (dad) that Joe is appeasing?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Tomiwa as the alpha dog with Clarke, Stewart, Dillard and Ethan would’ve been a nasty starting 5. I think you’d get more out of a guy like Petteno in 12-15 minutes a night coming in strictly as a sniper. That guy has no business playing 35 minutes like he did tonight.

As it is you have 4 very good players, none of whom are really cut out to be “the man” and then a whole bunch of nothing. Or at least that what it seems like, as Joe has completely given up on his bench.
    How bad can the 6'9", 235 lb Romero-Sanz be if he can't even play on this trainwreck?

Trick question, of course. Nobody knows. I know one thing, he can't be any worse.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    We were told addition by subtraction. I don't want anyone to tell me that Kyle Polce or Jaheim Bathea couldn't play on this team. People were saying Bathea was one of Joe's best high school recruits he ever landed.

I know the loss of Tomiwa was significant. So too was the scoring ability of Dave Morris and Shawndale. Although Jones had some baggage to his game.

All that said, they had far too much turnover, way too many new faces, and far too many unknowns. I'm not suggesting their season is "over," but I'm just not convinced this is a good team. I don't think they are particularly well coached right now either.
    Tomiwa as the alpha dog with Clarke, Stewart, Dillard and Ethan would’ve been a nasty starting 5. I think you’d get more out of a guy like Petteno in 12-15 minutes a night coming in strictly as a sniper. That guy has no business playing 35 minutes like he did tonight.

As it is you have 4 very good players, none of whom are really cut out to be “the man” and then a whole bunch of nothing. Or at least that what it seems like, as Joe has completely given up on his bench.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I’m not buying that Damir is in the doghouse. I just think Joe is gonna run his starters ragged and he legitimately believes KJ is his 6th best player. The other three will get token minutes here and there.

This is wild.
    Joe's post is so weak
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-17-2023, 05:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
    Hopefully they watch the tape and change up personnel. I’m not going to say that’s going to happen, as history tells us otherwise, but insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.
    He won't do a thing. This season is already over.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I’m not buying that Damir is in the doghouse. I just think Joe is gonna run his starters ragged and he legitimately believes KJ is his 6th best player. The other three will get token minutes here and there.

This is wild.

He's not even a D3 player.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-17-2023, 05:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I think the better question is why does he move on from guys and bury guys too frequently. This is happening far too much. How does Jaheim Bathea go from being one of the best high school guards he ever recruited to playing in 3 games? Why does Kyle Polce show that he's one of the best shooters on the team, and then never see the floor? Why is that continuing to happen? I'm not saying those two guys make this team a Regional contender. There's a larger issue at play with Joe. I get KJ is the issue, but he's had questionable roster management for years now. How do you have significant front court issues and not play Damir Brooks?

This 'may' be a .500 team.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-17-2023, 05:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That's bull****. Play like pansies and that's what you get.

Nepotism coach and here you are.
    To be fair.. I'm just not sure how good any of these new faces are. I think Clarke can be good and score at this level. Maybe as starters and being the full workload guys, Stewart and Dillard aren't as great of a threat when they aren't spelling Jones and Morris (and yes they both scored tonight). It's fair to ask those questions. I don't think Joe's coached well from the limited I've seen and listened to, but I don't think anyone can argue that the talent is not the same level it's been.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That's bull****. Play like pansies and that's what you get.

Nepotism coach and here you are.
    I think the better question is why does he move on from guys and bury guys too frequently. This is happening far too much. How does Jaheim Bathea go from being one of the best high school guards he ever recruited to playing in 3 games? Why does Kyle Polce show that he's one of the best shooters on the team, and then never see the floor? Why is that continuing to happen? I'm not saying those two guys make this team a Regional contender. There's a larger issue at play with Joe. I get KJ is the issue, but he's had questionable roster management for years now. How do you have significant front court issues and not play Damir Brooks?

Leave a comment:

• IUsuallyPonder
    replied
    Hopefully they watch the tape and change up personnel. I’m not going to say that’s going to happen, as history tells us otherwise, but insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X