X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Huh? Who doesn't play their walk-ons and keep their scholarship recruits in tracksuits? I've seen it for so long now I thought it was normal practice. Not to mention your opening night starter at small forward is now a last 30-seconds guy by the fifth game.

What could go wrong?

As for KJ, it's obviously clear he's not allowed to shoot the ball other than the occasional put-back. I'm sure no other coaches scouting IUP have noticed. That doesn't put any extra pressure on the other four guys. Lol
    Well, because of the way the roster lines up Chris Fite has redshirted all three of his freshmen (one for medical reasons) at Ship this season, so I guess you include us in your tracksuit brigade. He doesn't usually make a policy of it.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

As for KJ, it's obviously clear he's not allowed to shoot the ball other than the occasional put-back. I'm sure no other coaches scouting IUP have noticed. That doesn't put any extra pressure on the other four guys. Lol
    Why do you keep giving up IUP’s secrets? You do realize some coaches read this board, right? :)

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I saw the writing on the wall. As long as KJ plays, they’ll lose!
    Huh? Who doesn't play their walk-ons and keep their scholarship recruits in tracksuits? I've seen it for so long now I thought it was normal practice. Not to mention your opening night starter at small forward is now a last 30-seconds guy by the fifth game.

What could go wrong?

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    Just checking in to see if the basketball die hards are okay since IUP seems to be losing often.........it's like Torts cooties have spread like the Trump Virus.
    I saw the writing on the wall. As long as KJ plays, they’ll lose!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    Just checking in to see if the basketball die hards are okay since IUP seems to be losing often.........it's like Torts cooties have spread like the Trump Virus.
    It has not been a good year.

Tort won the conference last year and Joe's won four straight.

This has been quite the opposite.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

It doesn't do the working folk any favors starting at 5 p.m.

It likely has something to do with the 3 p.m. start the following day. Perhaps Lock Haven wouldn't play any later? That's two games in 24 hours, which they typically try to avoid.
    Well, Ship is playing at 3 the next day, too, although they're not traveling. Guess that's the way it is for this round. I notice that on our western swing to Cal and Slippery Rock on Dec. 18-19 that both games are scheduled for 7:30.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMadLibs View Post

There must be something mandated by PSAC office as every women's game is at 3p and men's at 5p on the Friday, and Saturday all are Women's at 1p and men's at 3p. Typically, we'd see teams having some choice, like Dec. 18/19 hosted by West has variance in times. Odd.
    Perfect example how poorly run this league is.

But, when you apparently don't care about attendance or revenue ... so be it.

Leave a comment:

• TheMadLibs
    replied

BTW, any idea why Ship is playing IUP at 5pm on Friday? Odd start time (that cannot be good for the gate).
    There must be something mandated by PSAC office as every women's game is at 3p and men's at 5p on the Friday, and Saturday all are Women's at 1p and men's at 3p. Typically, we'd see teams having some choice, like Dec. 18/19 hosted by West has variance in times. Odd.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Tomiwa and Bryce Butler each had their best games to date over the weekend

Tomiwa had 9 points and 8 boards in a win over Morgan State

Butler had 12 points 7 boards 4 assists in a win over Kent State

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I get that, but there really haven't been many signature wins so far, and there have been some losses (Mercyhurst to D'Youville, West Chester to Wilmington, etc.) that don't usually happen when the PSAC is strong.
    It doesn't do the working folk any favors starting at 5 p.m.

It likely has something to do with the 3 p.m. start the following day. Perhaps Lock Haven wouldn't play any later? That's two games in 24 hours, which they typically try to avoid.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

You two missed the extra point in all this:

Not only may SRU break the 1991 drought, but KR's Point Park team may win at IUP in less than two weeks.

KR is 7-0 and lost to Robert Morris in the final minute (exhibition for PP but a real game for RM). KR never beat IUP in Indiana.

I watched the PP vs RM game. That's not going to be like some PSU-Altoona game. He has some legit dudes. He'd have a decent team this year in the PSAC -- which is all Joe is.
    I may go to that one. Sounds like an interesting plot.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I second this. I thought about this exact thing a week ago.
    You two missed the extra point in all this:

Not only may SRU break the 1991 drought, but KR's Point Park team may win at IUP in less than two weeks.

KR is 7-0 and lost to Robert Morris in the final minute (exhibition for PP but a real game for RM). KR never beat IUP in Indiana.

I watched the PP vs RM game. That's not going to be like some PSU-Altoona game. He has some legit dudes. He'd have a decent team this year in the PSAC -- which is all Joe is.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I predict this will be the year Slippery Rock breaks the long losing streak in Indiana.
    I second this. I thought about this exact thing a week ago.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

Not all schedules have been created equal to this point, either.

Some have played much more difficult non-conference slates than others.

It will start to wash out this weekend.
    I get that, but there really haven't been many signature wins so far, and there have been some losses (Mercyhurst to D'Youville, West Chester to Wilmington, etc.) that don't usually happen when the PSAC is strong.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X