X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

At least Ship isn’t going to see another team as good as West Lib the rest of the year. IUP is gonna play a whole bunch of teams better than Concord.
    It's only one game, but I gotta be impressed with the whipping WL put on Ship. Looks like they're gonna rock again this year. We're picked fifth in the East for a reason this year, but the Raiders looked decent and averaged about 85 points in their scrimmages. They were never in the game against WL. I guess in one way it's good in that it shows how far they have to go, but this was certainly not an ideal opening game for a team that wasn't returning a single double-digit starter. And hey, we'll have to play some of the same teams as IUP.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Searching for positives? Be glad you didn't open with West Liberty as we did.
    At least Ship isn’t going to see another team as good as West Lib the rest of the year. IUP is gonna play a whole bunch of teams better than Concord.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    I’m searching for positives. Ethan isn’t going to go 5-25 very often (hopefully never again).

I expected points would not come in bunches, but I expected it to be more by design with a more deliberate style of play as opposed to everyone shooting abysmally. Dallis and Jaylen need to step up and be the second and third scorers. Clarke had some moments but if he’s the second leading scorer I don’t think that’s a good sign. He needs to run the offense, be a true PG.

Of the 9 guys who played, you’re not going to get any kind of point production from Brooks, Waldo, KJ or Furtun. Petteno, I’m not giving up on because he has somewhat of a pedigree, but yikes, not a great debut. The scoring load is mostly gonna fall on four guys and I really only have faith that one of them will be consistently up to it (he can’t miss 20 shots a night though).

You’d hope they’ll be better than this most nights, but as we saw last year shooting slumps don’t necessarily have to end. This looks like a .500 team to me.
    Searching for positives? Be glad you didn't open with West Liberty as we did.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    1) Waldo has to get stronger.
    2) KJ shouldn’t play another minute.
    3) Ethan forced a lot of shots tonight.
    4) Dallis has to stay out of foul trouble.
    5) Clarke needs to finish around the rim.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I’m disgusted that Joe sacrificed winning to keep a buddy happy. IUP played down a guy all night. Terrible!!!
    KJ should not only start tomorrow but play all 40 minutes.

Joe has to play 7 guys and that's it. The bench is awful. That's his only **** be be in the .500 neighborhood.

If Joe can't see that the other team goes after KJ all night then he should hang it up. I'm glad they lost tonight.

He plays this same rediculous rotation they'll get blown out tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Woah baby that was bad.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    I’m searching for positives. Ethan isn’t going to go 5-25 very often (hopefully never again).

I expected points would not come in bunches, but I expected it to be more by design with a more deliberate style of play as opposed to everyone shooting abysmally. Dallis and Jaylen need to step up and be the second and third scorers. Clarke had some moments but if he’s the second leading scorer I don’t think that’s a good sign. He needs to run the offense, be a true PG.

Of the 9 guys who played, you’re not going to get any kind of point production from Brooks, Waldo, KJ or Furtun. Petteno, I’m not giving up on because he has somewhat of a pedigree, but yikes, not a great debut. The scoring load is mostly gonna fall on four guys and I really only have faith that one of them will be consistently up to it (he can’t miss 20 shots a night though).

You’d hope they’ll be better than this most nights, but as we saw last year shooting slumps don’t necessarily have to end. This looks like a .500 team to me.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Cobra Hawks View Post
    Wow. Anyone explain what just happened. Having watched Notre Dame Ohio in the previous game IUP are going to get spanked tomorrow
    They'll be 0-4 quickly.

ND will hammer them tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Cobra Hawks
    replied
    Wow. Anyone explain what just happened. Having watched Notre Dame Ohio in the previous game IUP are going to get spanked tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I’m disgusted that Joe sacrificed winning to keep a buddy happy. IUP played down a guy all night. Terrible!!!
    5 on 4 for 25 minutes

Brooks should leave the team tonight so he doesn't waste a year of eligibility.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Worst coached game I’ve ever seen by Joe.
    That 'might' be a .500 team.

Joe's new SG shoots worse than Shawndale.

It's going to be a long season. Poor Ethan getting stuck for his senior year.

KJ should be the 8th guy at PSU-Altoona.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Worst team Joe's had in 15 years. He coached worst game I've ever seen.

But hey his buddies kid played 25 worthless minutes and got destroyed on D all night.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Worst team Joe's had in 15 years. He coached worst game I've ever seen.

But hey his buddies kid played 25 worthless minutes and got destroyed on D all night.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Worst coached game I’ve ever seen by Joe.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    IUP is in trouble! KJ getting torched! Get him the F out of there!!!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X