X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    FYI tickets went on sale for Wednesday's game this morning at 10 a.m. (KCAC box office). They are not available online as of today.

IUP is selling normal reserved seating for this game. The Regional, should it be here, is all general admission per NCAA rules.
    Just curious, as we haven't hosted a regional here in recent times. Do they clear the field house after each game?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    FYI tickets went on sale for Wednesday's game this morning at 10 a.m. (KCAC box office). They are not available online as of today.

IUP is selling normal reserved seating for this game. The Regional, should it be here, is all general admission per NCAA rules.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Cal is going to be a load next season if all those guys come back. They're good now. Not a senior in the starting lineup.

IF is the key word. Danny's had retention issues down there. And, in this Portal World, who knows.

But, yes, if they do, Cal will be the clear favorite next season in the West. Remember, they have two starters in tracksuits who haven't played a single game this year.

If Porterfield and Tomiwa stay at IUP, they'll still be pretty good but with losing Shanwdale and David, Cal will have an edge on them.

Mercyhurst is taking 3 big losses to graduation and UPJ is getting gutted (4 starters graduating).

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

He's not a forward. At best he's 6'4" and that's a stretch. He's too small to play underneath. Yet, he is playing instead of Damir Brooks and Diop.

I think that lineup was more like -22 in the +/-

All I can say is watch the film. The moment he came in Cal attacked him for the whole duration. Danny's no dummy. KJ tries but he can't guard Jermaine Hall.

Teams also know he's not allowed to shoot so they don't even guard him -- putting all the more pressure on others (think 5 on 4).

All of Cal's big runs came during Joe's bizarre lineups.

I only wish we had an big 6'7" backup forward or maybe a 6'10" backup center.

Oh wait. We do.
    Cal is going to be a load next season if all those guys come back. They're good now. Not a senior in the starting lineup.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I just don’t understand how Brooks and Diop don’t get those minutes!!! Diop has many fundamental issues on D but still produces and provides energy!!!
    It's the great mystery of the season.

And, I'm afraid, Joe's love fest or stubbornness could cost them the season.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

He's not a forward. At best he's 6'4" and that's a stretch. He's too small to play underneath. Yet, he is playing instead of Damir Brooks and Diop.

All I can say is watch the film. The moment he came in Cal attacked him for the whole duration. Danny's no dummy. KJ tries but he can't guard Jermaine Hall.

Teams also know he's not allowed to shoot so they don't even guard him -- putting all the more pressure on others (think 5 on 4).

Oh wait. We do.
    I just don’t understand how Brooks and Diop don’t get those minutes!!! Diop has many fundamental issues on D but still produces and provides energy!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

KJ played 9 min and was probably -15 with at least one stupid foul.

Oh wait. We do.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Maybe KJ will start on Wednesday and get assigned to cover Hall for 35 minutes.

I feel bad for Polce, Brooks and Diop.

This was almost Mercyhurst 2.0
    KJ played 9 min and was probably -15 with at least one stupid foul.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Yeah, it was just one of those weird things that can happen. I have no issue with Dave being on the line late. Cal does deserve a ton of credit. They scored 50 in the second half. IUP doesn’t give up many 50 point halves. I expect them to be at the KCAC on Wednesday and I expect another tough fight, but hopefully not this close at the end.
    Maybe KJ will start on Wednesday and get assigned to cover Hall for 35 minutes.

I feel bad for Polce, Brooks and Diop.

This was almost Mercyhurst 2.0
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-25-2023, 06:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

It didn’t need to be that interesting, that’s for sure. Even if Dave makes a couple of those there would be far less tension in the final moments. He can expect to get fouled late in games in the post season after that performance. That said, he was deadly from three early on and I wouldn’t expect him to blow up at the line like that again.

Overall it was a very good win. IUP was in control for most of it but you could easily see the combinations on the floor when Cal made their runs to get back in it. I’ll give Cal credit though. They could have packed it in after going down 15 at the half but they just kept chipping away basically playing six kids. All that said, close doesn’t count and I believe that’s 20 in a row over Cal for IUP.
    Yeah, it was just one of those weird things that can happen. I have no issue with Dave being on the line late. Cal does deserve a ton of credit. They scored 50 in the second half. IUP doesn’t give up many 50 point halves. I expect them to be at the KCAC on Wednesday and I expect another tough fight, but hopefully not this close at the end.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

It didn’t need to be that interesting, that’s for sure. Even if Dave makes a couple of those there would be far less tension in the final moments. He can expect to get fouled late in games in the post season after that performance. That said, he was deadly from three early on and I wouldn’t expect him to blow up at the line like that again.

Overall it was a very good win. IUP was in control for most of it but you could easily see the combinations on the floor when Cal made their runs to get back in it. I’ll give Cal credit though. They could have packed it in after going down 15 at the half but they just kept chipping away basically playing six kids. All that said, close doesn’t count and I believe that’s 20 in a row over Cal for IUP.
    IUP lost a lot of steam at halftime. Did they get content? Perhaps. They had a lot of fire the first 20 minutes and then almost went through the motions the next 15 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Fortunate escape. When Dave missed the four straight free throws it felt like something really bad was destined to happen. Cal would have had a ton of momentum if they get that game to OT.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    Only 969 in the AngeloDome.
    My wife happened to walk by the television when I was watching and says, “Wow, you think they’d have more fans for a big game like this.” It really is pitiful. If they were ever going to get a crowd it was going to be today, and they still couldn’t crack 1,000.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    Only 969 in the AngeloDome.
    That's their biggest all year by far

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Fortunate escape. When Dave missed the four straight free throws it felt like something really bad was destined to happen. Cal would have had a ton of momentum if they get that game to OT.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X