• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Is there a broom emoji?

F Danny
    I'm not arrogant. But, if you act like that bafoon ....
    Not only does Joe own Danny, he’s in the guy’s head. I’m convinced of that after watching his little tantrum play out right in front of me. When they huddled and called the intentional foul, which was the right call, Danny lost it. His exact words as he’s pointing at Joe…”F$@* that guy!” Then he points addresses Joe directly with something to the effect of him whining and getting every call. At that point the building erupted and I couldn’t make it out. Anyway, for him to address Joe directly says it all. He absolutely should have been T’d up for that outburst. When I can clearly hear the F bomb sitting with my six year old in Row 5, that’s not acceptable. As the saying goes, winners focus on winning and losers focus on winners. Cal’s season is over again at the hands of IUP.

The atmosphere at the KCAC was electric. With about 15 minutes before game time I was concerned because the crowd wasn’t looking great and it was kind of quiet in the place. Then out of nowhere it filled in and it was on. Great job by the fans and all involved. Even my kid started yelling late in the game and he usually barely pays attention. The players were feeling the energy too. I thought it was hilarious when Tomiwa encouraged the crowd to get on the ref after a foul call in the second half. Tomiwa also had something to say to Danny too late in the first half. Per usual, the crowd and team responds to his energy. He didn’t add much to the scoresheet but he dominated the boards.

Ethan was obviously great. Overall it was good team basketball. Nobody tried to do too much. Dallis was an unsung hero again. I’ll give credit where it’s due with KJ who had meaningful productive minutes. Dave hit a couple big threes. Stewart hit a couple as well. Shawndale had some pretty drives. He’s a strong kid that Cal has no answer for when he drives to the rim. I was surprised Kyle didn’t see the floor.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Is there a broom emoji?

F Danny
    Did he send a rarely used player in to headhunt? I was distracted when that whole situation went down.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

F KJ! Chuck’s up a Hail Mary three and then cherry picks a lay up.
    I get thinking other players are more worthy of the minutes he plays, but having so much personal vitriol toward a kid that it actually makes you angry when he does well is weird.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    ESU about to put away West Chester. Should be an interesting rematch on a neutral court. Hopefully IUP can get a nice contingent to make the trip to Shippensburg.
    Ship was best case. That's a relatively easy drive from Indiana. I'd guess it would be a very pro IUP crowd at 1pm Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Has Ethan ever had a dunk in a game before? I honestly can’t recall one. That was a sweet assist by our guy KJ.
    KJ had the game of his life tonight. Good for him. He was overly due.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Is there a broom emoji?

F Danny

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Has Ethan ever had a dunk in a game before? I honestly can’t recall one. That was a sweet assist by our guy KJ.
    F KJ! Chuck’s up a Hail Mary three and then cherry picks a lay up.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    ESU about to put away West Chester. Should be an interesting rematch on a neutral court. Hopefully IUP can get a nice contingent to make the trip to Shippensburg.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    If you plan on attending tonight, arrive early. IUP didn't start selling tickets until Monday (and only did during business hours). So, a lot of people will be buying them at the gate (with likely very long lines). They did open online sales yesterday but nobody wants to pay those $7/ticket fees on top of the ticket price. As usual, these are reserved seats tonight aside from the student section and the horseshoe.

Just an FYI.

Not sure what to expect from the Vulcans' fan base tonight. They brought a lot up here for the regional final last year but very few for this same game (PSAC Tournament).
    I picked up our tickets today at around 3:30 and was able to get the same seats I typically do. I was the only person buying tickets. With it being a week night in the middle of the week, it may not be the type of crowd we’d like to see. To the casual observer, IUP is in the quarterfinals of the league tournament against a team they’ve beaten twice this year and 18 consecutive times before that. I hope there’s a turnout but we’ll see.

Here’s something to think about that IUP fans rather wouldn’t. There is a possibility, although slim, that this is the last time this group plays at the KCAC forever. Say IUP gets upset tonight and West Liberty cruises through their tournament. There’s no guarantee IUP gets to host the regional. I know, I just ruined the mood, LOL.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    If you plan on attending tonight, arrive early. IUP didn't start selling tickets until Monday (and only did during business hours). So, a lot of people will be buying them at the gate (with likely very long lines). They did open online sales yesterday but nobody wants to pay those $7/ticket fees on top of the ticket price. As usual, these are reserved seats tonight aside from the student section and the horseshoe.

Just an FYI.

Not sure what to expect from the Vulcans' fan base tonight. They brought a lot up here for the regional final last year but very few for this same game (PSAC Tournament).

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Didn’t know where to post this but last nights Philadelphia Catholic League Title Game at a packed Palestra came down to the final last second basket to send it into OT. Video in the link…

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...dgzb36us7d2u2t

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Round 3 vs California is set for tomorrow night.

IUP swept the season series, winning 87-70 at the KCAC and 80-77 at Angelo's Dome.

Both games have been heated. I'd guess the word is out and the officials will call this very tightly. With a much deeper bench, that should favor IUP.

The Vulcans are scoring 81.1 ppg on the year. IUP has held them to 73.5 ppg. However, that is significantly more points allowed than IUP's season average of 59.5 ppg allowed. IUP is scoring 83.5 per game against the Vulcans -- up from its season average of 75.9 ppg.

IUP has shot the ball well from deep in both games, hitting 9 of 23 and 10 of 19.

The Crimson Hawks defense has been very strong against Cal in three of the four 20-minute periods this season, holding them to 37, 33, 27 and, most recently, 50 points. The question is did Cal finally find a crack in its 50-point outburst or did IUP lay off the gas a bit after being up 15 at halftime? My guess is a little bit of both.

My predictions for tomorrow night:

* IUP learned its lesson -- almost the hard way -- not to let up against this team. Cal is very dangerous once they have momentum. Much like MEC teams, leads can evaporate quickly against them. Typically in the PSAC, a 15-point lead at halftime is a death sentence. Cal cut that in half before the first media timeout of the second half.

* Major role reversal in the environment. The Cal football team isn't likely to be under the basket heckling the whole game. The KCAC is a very tough place to play for visitors and IUP should have well over 3,200 tomorrow night. Danny's theatrics also have a much shorter leash in Indiana. Unlike IUP football games, the KCAC crowd is a major factor.

* All of the NBA-range treys Cal hit in the second half aren't likely to fall again. They hit them, but some of those were extremely low percentage shots.

* Seton Hill gave the Vulcans a workout last night. They've now played 3 tough games in 6 days. Tomorrow will be their 4th game in 8 days. It's tough to keep getting 'up' for so many big games with very little rest.

* IUP is going to get to the line a lot. Cal's smaller lineup has struggles containing IUP's more physical lineup -- and, well, Joe gets a lot of calls in the KCAC. IUP cannot have another 16 for 25 performance. Had they hit 20 of 25 this past Saturday there wouldn't have been any drama at the end.

* Which lineup will we see from IUP? KJ Rhodes has played 18 minutes (9 and 9) in the two Cal games. He has (1) rebound and (1) assist in those 18 minutes with no shot attempts. Damir Brooks has played just 16 minutes combined but has been much more productive (and draws much more attention). Kyle Polce played 19 minutes in the first meeting but just 4 in Round 2. Dallis Dillard did not start the second game but did play 25 minutes. My guess is Joe plays this more to his old style and goes 7 deep.

It should be an entertaining one.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Got off to a bad start, but they've been good the second half. That is a team without a senior in the lineup and, as bigIndians says, is missing two starters. Can't see them getting by Mercyhurst and IUP this year, but they should be a very tough out next season if they don't have portal losses.
    Well, they did beat Mercyhurst two weeks ago in Erie. That isn't easy to do.

I get the record. I've also watched so many D2 games that I'd probably faint if I saw the actual number. Right now, they are a good and dangerous team.

IUP will have its hands full if they play in 48 hours.

A lot of their losses came in Nov-Dec when Whitehead was out in addition to the other two. Since his return they are way above .500. They are way better with him at PG as opposed to Slaughter.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    There's an awful lot of love on this board for a Cal team that's 15-13. Barely over .500. Yes, they're without some guys but all teams have various issues in that regard. Until Danny and company actually win a big game, I'm not buying it. They seem like an "almost" team to me.
    Got off to a bad start, but they've been good the second half. That is a team without a senior in the lineup and, as bigIndians says, is missing two starters. Can't see them getting by Mercyhurst and IUP this year, but they should be a very tough out next season if they don't have portal losses.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X