• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Final 5 minutes
    Yikes. It felt like an eternity in the stands.

Without seeing replays, how did Lang get so wide open so many times? He's a cocky dude.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Celebrate tonight for sure ... But they have some house cleaning to do this week. They had several ... and I mean, several, chances to bust that game open today and failed to do it.

They got it to 7 at least 4-5 times in the second half with the ball and chance to extend it and couldn't -- several due to self-inflicted mistakes. They had some really ugly turnovers today - most ended with Lang draining a wide-open trey on the other end.

I haven't looked at the box yet but I don't think IUP scored in the final 4 minutes of the game.

Defensively they put on a show. Holding that team to 53 is incredible.

Incredible weekend. They went 2-0. Agreed on the flow comment.
    Final 5 minutes

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I think ESU fully believed they could win that game. IUP to its credit did find a way, and Porterfield's three-point bank shot at the end didn't hurt, either. Even Lombardi admitted that was a little fortunate. It turned out to be a good game, although sloppy at times. IUP is a great team and has obviously dominated the PSAC, but they've been playing with fire a little recently. They'll need to get their offense more in flow for the regional and beyond.
    Celebrate tonight for sure ... But they have some house cleaning to do this week. They had several ... and I mean, several, chances to bust that game open today and failed to do it.

They got it to 7 at least 4-5 times in the second half with the ball and chance to extend it and couldn't -- several due to self-inflicted mistakes. They had some really ugly turnovers today - most ended with Lang draining a wide-open trey on the other end.

I haven't looked at the box yet but I don't think IUP scored in the final 4 minutes of the game.

Defensively they put on a show. Holding that team to 53 is incredible.

Incredible weekend. They went 2-0. Agreed on the flow comment.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Cheyney won it 5 straight times from 1976-1980.
    Incredibly difficult. The odds of winning 4 or 5 in a row have to be astronomical.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Has that ever been done before by anyone else in the conference?
    Cheyney won it 5 straight times from 1976-1980.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    An amazing run ... Four in a row is an incredible achievement.
    Has that ever been done before by anyone else in the conference?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    An amazing run ... Four in a row is an incredible achievement.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    I thought the right two teams made the final, and they showed it with a great final. Congrats to IUP.

Just got back from it. Nice defensive battle, and I thought one of the better-officiated PSAC games I've seen this year. Yeah, they missed a call here and there, but mostly just let 'em play so the teams decided the outcome. And they were consistent with it in the second half, which has been unusual this season. I think IUP and Mercyhurst will represent the conference well. Porterfield was a load and one of the keys for IUP. They'd be unreal if he was working on two good legs.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Meat grinder!

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    I thought the right two teams made the final, and they showed it with a great final. Congrats to IUP.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    HAIL TO THE INDIANS!! GO IUP!!

DIXON TROPHY! We won Foosball and Basketball!

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Just your typical IUP-Mercyhurst post season battle.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Congrats to IUP. That was an instant classic. Great game.

And there is simply no one in the region who matches up with Sulaiman. That kid is a unicorn.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Both teams came out shaky and that’s the nice way to put it. I was starting to think the final was going to be in the 40’s for a while!

Sometimes the champ gets knocked down and you have to make sure he doesn’t get back up. Unfortunately for ESU the champ got back up off the mat just before halftime and at that point you just knew IUP was going to find a way. Great teams have moments like this and it’s part of what makes them great. Other teams start to believe they can’t win so they find a way to lose. Mercyhurst won’t be one of those teams. They’ve been the one team to consistently prove they can beat IUP and they’ll come into today’s game expecting to win. I think ESU came in hoping to win, which is a very different thing.
    I think ESU fully believed they could win that game. IUP to its credit did find a way, and Porterfield's three-point bank shot at the end didn't hurt, either. Even Lombardi admitted that was a little fortunate. It turned out to be a good game, although sloppy at times. IUP is a great team and has obviously dominated the PSAC, but they've been playing with fire a little recently. They'll need to get their offense more in flow for the regional and beyond.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Both teams came out shaky and that’s the nice way to put it. I was starting to think the final was going to be in the 40’s for a while!

Sometimes the champ gets knocked down and you have to make sure he doesn’t get back up. Unfortunately for ESU the champ got back up off the mat just before halftime and at that point you just knew IUP was going to find a way. Great teams have moments like this and it’s part of what makes them great. Other teams start to believe they can’t win so they find a way to lose. Mercyhurst won’t be one of those teams. They’ve been the one team to consistently prove they can beat IUP and they’ll come into today’s game expecting to win. I think ESU came in hoping to win, which is a very different thing.
    I'd love to see IUP pass better today (get more people involved).

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X