Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Iup basketball
Collapse
Support The Site!
Collapse
X
-
Let's not forget, Cobo didn't start early his freshman year. He was extremely raw defensively. I remember at Hurst his freshman year, he got back cut on three plays in a row and Joe flipped his **** on him. Cobo panned out on defensive as he played more. Some of these younger guys need the experience. We know what KJ is and it's not high end caliber.
-
The Gazette article didn't specifically say Romero-Sanz or Denzel were redshirting. However, it named the starters and then the 'rotation' ... and neither were mentioned.Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
True. Sometimes you get Cobo or Tomiwa, other times you get Australians who never pan out. It’s the risk of recruiting foreign players at this level. I guess we’ll see how it plays out.
Given Joe's history, that sounds like redshirt to me.
Being Brooks has Daddy Syndrome with fouling, and Waldo is 6'7" but looks about 165 lbs, well, that leaves the 6'4" KJ underneath. Christ, they'll need Ethan to play 38 mpg.
Romero-Sanz is a big dude. He's as tall as EP and ripped. It's hard to believe they can't use him this year at least in a reserve roll.
Joe's KJ fandom is well documented but, well, ...
If that's the case, they'd be more effective with four guards and EP. Joe's guards are all big.
Although, Damir was just a redshirt freshman last year. Hopefully he's improved his hacking.Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-31-2023, 05:51 AM.
Leave a comment:
-
True. Sometimes you get Cobo or Tomiwa, other times you get Australians who never pan out. It’s the risk of recruiting foreign players at this level. I guess we’ll see how it plays out.Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
I’m guessing he wasn’t the player in person that he looked like on video? If they thought he could contribute meaningfully this year I’m guessing they would play him. Maybe there are other things he’s not adjusting to. Hard to say but still a bit surprising. They are very thin up front.
Leave a comment:
-
I’m guessing he wasn’t the player in person that he looked like on video? If they thought he could contribute meaningfully this year I’m guessing they would play him. Maybe there are other things he’s not adjusting to. Hard to say but still a bit surprising. They are very thin up front.Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Yeah I don’t get it. From the moment he signed, just reading his measurements and experience I assumed he’d start immediately, not just play.
This is shaping up to be an…..interesting year.
Leave a comment:
-
Yeah I don’t get it. From the moment he signed, just reading his measurements and experience I assumed he’d start immediately, not just play.Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
I can already tell we'll be asking all year why Romero-Sanz is in a tracksuit on the bench.
This is shaping up to be an…..interesting year.
Leave a comment:
-
I can already tell we'll be asking all year why Romero-Sanz is in a tracksuit on the bench.Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
Nobody questions KJ being a nice kid. He is in fact a great kid. I question the skill set at the D2 level. He's to small to play forward and mauled down there. At guard he's to slow and flat footed and a below average shooter. It just doesn't add up to me being at an elite D2 program.
Leave a comment:
-
Nobody questions KJ being a nice kid. He is in fact a great kid. I question the skill set at the D2 level. He's to small to play forward and mauled down there. At guard he's to slow and flat footed and a below average shooter. It just doesn't add up to me being at an elite D2 program.Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
I’m not sure what he sees that we don’t. Maybe he’s an elite practice player. Seems like a nice kid. Isn’t KJ 31 with a wife and two kids now?
Leave a comment:
-
I’m not sure what he sees that we don’t. Maybe he’s an elite practice player. Seems like a nice kid. Isn’t KJ 31 with a wife and two kids now?Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
Redshirt Joe loves him some KJ
I'd peg him at 12 mpg
Leave a comment:
-
Redshirt Joe loves him some KJOriginally posted by IUPalum View Post
Under if KJ gets more than 3-4 minutes a game.
I'd peg him at 12 mpg
Leave a comment:
-
I think the regular season over/under on wins is 18.5Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View PostSadly, I think this is a 10 loss team that doesn’t make the tournament. They may make the PSAC tournament but it won’t be a long run. I know Joe expects them to be better the second half of the season, but those games are played against PSAC teams and mostly West teams. Just about all of them are pretty good. If they don’t get to January with less than four losses, it could be ugly.
Leave a comment:
-
Sadly, I think this is a 10 loss team that doesn’t make the tournament. They may make the PSAC tournament but it won’t be a long run. I know Joe expects them to be better the second half of the season, but those games are played against PSAC teams and mostly West teams. Just about all of them are pretty good. If they don’t get to January with less than four losses, it could be ugly.
Leave a comment:
-
Yep. It should actually look like an offense again (and not playground meets AAU).Originally posted by IUPalum View PostIf Clarke is a true PG then you'll see a lot more fluid offense this season as opposed to the one on one style of Shawndale.
Leave a comment:
-
Pack your brass knucks, every night’s gonna be a street fight!Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
Sounds like the Manchel, Reilly days of the PSAC are back!
Leave a comment:
Ad3
Collapse
Leave a comment: