X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Why is Sarp getting more minutes??? Yikes!
    I said I thought Petteno could be more effective getting 15 minutes instead of 35 (I was wrong), but I didn’t see Sarp being the guy to take a lot of those minutes. I’m not sure it matters how much guys 5-8 play, you just aren’t getting much from them.

Leave a comment:

• IUPHawks24
    replied
    Welp… not enough talent. And that’s a very good St Thomas Aquinas team.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Why is Sarp getting more minutes??? Yikes!

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Furtun and Brooks playing more. Waldo may be out of the rotation.
    Listening to Joe’s pregame, he wasn’t high on Waldo. Said Ethan’s legs aren’t healthy, Brooks/Sarp would get more minutes and of course he said KJ will get his minutes

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Couldn’t sustain the hot offensive start and Aquinas got going, hit several tough shots. Not much KJ in the first half.

This doesn’t feel like a game IUP can win, but actually using the bench might bode well going forward.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Furtun and Brooks playing more. Waldo may be out of the rotation.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    After starting the webcast back in the silent era of the 1920s, somebody finally cued up the radio feed. Sounds like they need to move the tuning dial a bit, but hey this is the best stream of the year.

Also, IUP off to a heck of a good start.
    Yeah, between total silence for the first few minutes followed by the present distorted soundtrack it has been an interesting stream so far.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    After starting the webcast back in the silent era of the 1920s, somebody finally cued up the radio feed. Sounds like they need to move the tuning dial a bit, but hey this is the best stream of the year.

Also, IUP off to a heck of a good start.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Well, have watched eight minutes of brick city between UPJ and Frostburg after tuning in to view a little of the IUP-St. Thomas Aquinas game. UPJ and Frostburg are now in OT. Guess one of them will win eventually.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Yeah, Frostburg's hoops does not appear to be on a par with their football at this point. Ship put up a lot of points on them in a scrimmage, and three PSAC teams have spanked them during the regular season so far. They are 1-4 after a close win over West Virginia Wesleyan.
    Dare I say it? They are a tomato can!

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

St Thomas is good but Frostburg is not so at worst, you should come out of the weekend with one win.
    Yeah, Frostburg's hoops does not appear to be on a par with their football at this point. Ship put up a lot of points on them in a scrimmage, and three PSAC teams have spanked them during the regular season so far. They are 1-4 after a close win over West Virginia Wesleyan.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Well, they’ve had 9 days to figure something out. Of course I’m talking about both IUP’s team and those in charge of the webcast. St Thomas is formidable. How many players get meaningful minutes? 6? 5? 4?
    St Thomas is good but Frostburg is not so at worst, you should come out of the weekend with one win.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Well, they’ve had 9 days to figure something out. Of course I’m talking about both IUP’s team and those in charge of the webcast. St Thomas is formidable. How many players get meaningful minutes? 6? 5? 4?
    Joe has pissed off the fanbase with this KJ garbage. Six guys get real minutes and KJ is one of those six. KJ's minutes are when opponents tee off! Notice how this board has been silent for 8 days. This isn't normal with Joe teams.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

The top four guys are excellent players and absolutely should continue to improve in their increased roles. My question is, did Joe shrink his bench last night because he knew Walsh was very good or has he already lost faith in everybody else? If it’s the latter, that’s an issue. The season’s not lost. I don’t think they’ll play too many more teams as good as Walsh. And four top notch players can carry a team a long way, we’ve seen as few as two do it in the past. I just wonder what their legs will be like by February if they continue to get no help at all.
    I think the answer to either of those questions are concerning. There's no situation that should result in him only playing 6 guys for most of the night. Having no faith in his bench, or just thinking those 6 give him the best chance. I'm not sure it matters.

If, in fact, he has lost total faith in his bench, he's the one brining those players in. Not to mention that 1-2 of those guys get sent to Siberia every season for no apparent reason. If he just thinks running the same 6 out there is his best bet, I question his coaching and decision making at this point. Talent aside, the argument can be made that having fresh bodies makes everyone better.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X