X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
    Since nothing fires up this board like a good old-fashioned debate, ........... After three games, would you take a healthy IUP over whatever it is Jeff Capel is putting out at Pitt?
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• hawks16
    replied
    Since nothing fires up this board like a good old-fashioned debate, ........... After three games, would you take a healthy IUP over whatever it is Jeff Capel is putting out at Pitt?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
    I don't know why we play in that stupid Pickle Classic almost every year. Mt Olive and Barton hasn't been good for years. I had a feeling we would lose one of those games.

Anyway, no video for the Thanksgiving games? That sucks. Now I have to go to the games.

I wish we were undefeated going in. Because in all honestly we have talent I'm just not sure we have figured out how to play together yet. But we are definitely not alone in the aspect. IUP seems to be having that same problem. When one guy has to literally take over a game for a team to win, that could be a problem.

I hope it's not freezing cold when I come.
    Keep in mind IUP played at Bowie without its point guard and best defender. So, it became very apparent they are a much different team without him. Luckily, he'll be back this weekend. Teams get pretty discombobulated without their point guard. Luckily they got out of there with a win. David Morris is also perhaps the best defender in the PSAC, so their defense took a major hit. They still put up 90 without him, but that trademark IUP defense wasn't the same.

IUP has a terrific starting unit. The bench scares me a bit. They are fine in short spurts, but I'm not sure any of them are ready for larger roles. Granted, the first three off the bench are all either Redshirt or Covid freshmen. The bench needs to stay in that 8-12 mpg role this year. It will be problematic if any of them have to start playing 25+.

Not going to win every game by 25. Survive the nights when adversity strikes and move along.

I suspect the IUP vs VSU game will be a similar affair as the past two meetings. Low-scoring, etc. The most points scored in the series was 70 in IUP's 70-67 win in 2019. I anticipate another grinder.

VSU's second game up here won't be easy, either. Pitt-Johnstown is pretty good this year. They just gave West Liberty quite a fight.

Leave a comment:

• GoVSUTrojans
    replied
    I don't know why we play in that stupid Pickle Classic almost every year. Mt Olive and Barton hasn't been good for years. I had a feeling we would lose one of those games.

Anyway, no video for the Thanksgiving games? That sucks. Now I have to go to the games.

I wish we were undefeated going in. Because in all honestly we have talent I'm just not sure we have figured out how to play together yet. But we are definitely not alone in the aspect. IUP seems to be having that same problem. When one guy has to literally take over a game for a team to win, that could be a problem.

I hope it's not freezing cold when I come.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
    For what it's worth, at the Concord game the student radio station wasn't in attendance either. Not to age discriminate, but the two camera people underneath either basket didn't look to be of normal student age, either.
    Who knows. IUP hasn't done real hot at the gate, either. Through (3) home dates they've averaged 1,340. Granted, that's tops in the league so far, but I'd say a disappointing number for the KCAC. The best crowd of the season so far was the Le Moyne game -- lot of energy. It was also free tee-shirt night. Hopefully the students who came for the shirts had a good time and come back.

I suspect the crowds this weekend will be terrible with the holiday break. Saturday is going to be a good game, too.

The 'funeral season' starts soon, too. Our state schools getting 7 weeks off for holiday break is mind-numbing to me, but, nonetheless. That's a long stretch with no students, cheerleaders, dance teams, etc. It actually feels like an IUP football game. LOL.

There was also talk that the pep band would attend games this year. That hasn't happened yet.

Season is off to an odd start.

Leave a comment:

• hawks16
    replied
    For what it's worth, at the Concord game the student radio station wasn't in attendance either. Not to age discriminate, but the two camera people underneath either basket didn't look to be of normal student age, either.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Odd item:

Salem is scheduled to play in the IUP Thanksgiving event this weekend.

It doesn't appear they know that, though. LOL.

On the IUP and UPJ schedules, they are both set to face Salem this weekend (SAT and SUN).

However, the trip to Indiana is not on the Salem schedule.

Salem is showing a trip to Central State (tonight), a visit to Lake Erie College on Wednesday and then a trip to Kentucky Wesleyan on Monday (Nov. 29).

Salem is currently showing (28) games on its schedule. Coming to Indiana would make it (30). The Indiana trip would give them (5) road games in (8) calendar days.

So, ... is Salem coming here or not?
    Wow... I thought stuff like that only happened in a school district in Northwest PA. Yikes... hope some clarity comes upon that.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Odd item:

Salem is scheduled to play in the IUP Thanksgiving event this weekend.

It doesn't appear they know that, though. LOL.

On the IUP and UPJ schedules, they are both set to face Salem this weekend (SAT and SUN).

However, the trip to Indiana is not on the Salem schedule.

Salem is showing a trip to Central State (tonight), a visit to Lake Erie College on Wednesday and then a trip to Kentucky Wesleyan on Monday (Nov. 29).

Salem is currently showing (28) games on its schedule. Coming to Indiana would make it (30). The Indiana trip would give them (5) road games in (8) calendar days.

So, ... is Salem coming here or not?

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I’m beating a dead horse now but it’s bothering me worse the more I think about it. You have that kind of facility and to top programs that contend nationally year-in and year-out, yet you can’t have a live stream of home games that costs next to nothing to produce. As you said, you don’t need announcers as the audio from the game is fine. That’s what you get when you actually go to the game so why not go with that? Or better yet. Why not run Jack and Tony’s call of the game from U92? I don’t want to hear that can’t be done because I just watched the Homer Center playoff football game the other night and the audio was Mark Bertig’s call through 1160 WCCS.

Where is the leadership at this school? I know many of the things we b***h about might seem small, but top level schools get the little things right. If IUP struggles to get the little things right, how can it be expected to get the bigger things right? Maybe the school should hire a “Sweat the Details Coordinator” to take care of some of these things. The little things matter.
    Honestly, I'd email the SID and/or AD with a respectful tone asking why. Has anyone in IUPland asked that question or are they just waiting for Matt to print something about it?

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Lots of people asking in the Twitter world, too. You'd think IUP would at least say why they are the only school around with no videos.

It's quite embarrassing.

They don't even need announcers. Most people mute it anyway.
    I’m beating a dead horse now but it’s bothering me worse the more I think about it. You have that kind of facility and to top programs that contend nationally year-in and year-out, yet you can’t have a live stream of home games that costs next to nothing to produce. As you said, you don’t need announcers as the audio from the game is fine. That’s what you get when you actually go to the game so why not go with that? Or better yet. Why not run Jack and Tony’s call of the game from U92? I don’t want to hear that can’t be done because I just watched the Homer Center playoff football game the other night and the audio was Mark Bertig’s call through 1160 WCCS.

Where is the leadership at this school? I know many of the things we b***h about might seem small, but top level schools get the little things right. If IUP struggles to get the little things right, how can it be expected to get the bigger things right? Maybe the school should hire a “Sweat the Details Coordinator” to take care of some of these things. The little things matter.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

It’s ridiculous, really. I mean, if they just need someone to sit there and run the stream I’d do it. You can get most high school games these days and it’s pretty simple. I don’t get it.
    Lots of people asking in the Twitter world, too. You'd think IUP would at least say why they are the only school around with no videos.

It's quite embarrassing.

They don't even need announcers. Most people mute it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Appears no video for the ladies today. Being that IUP hadn't had a video yet, I'd surely assume next weekend (VSU and Salem) will not either being students are on break.
    It’s ridiculous, really. I mean, if they just need someone to sit there and run the stream I’d do it. You can get most high school games these days and it’s pretty simple. I don’t get it.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Appears no video for the ladies today. Being that IUP hadn't had a video yet, I'd surely assume next weekend (VSU and Salem) will not either being students are on break.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Sounds like David could have went in an emergency. Turned out sitting him was the smart move.

They are definitely not the same team without him.
    I don’t think Armoni is playing his best basketball right now either. It’s great that others are stepping up!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Keep feeling good! IUP was missing David Morris last night which is their only true PG. Shawndale Jones ran a lot of point last night and he isn’t one, not even close!
    Sounds like David could have went in an emergency. Turned out sitting him was the smart move.

They are definitely not the same team without him.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X