Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrub
    replied
    Don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but Porterfield made the shortlist (a list of 15 finalists) for the Hudgens Award (the new award that recognizes career greatness for a guy who spent all 4 years in DII or DIII). I'm not as familiar with the other names on the list, but I have a hard time believing anyone had a stronger overall career and impact in the DII game over the last 4 years than EP. Last year's injury maybe hurts him a bit if the committee pays attention to overall numbers, but I have to believe he has a strong case.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Is it a good sign Joe made it through his post-game last night with no mention of it being his last game?

I don't think he's going to retire. My guess is he goes 2-3 more years. That said, not all agree.

In an odd way I think this mess of a season may have actually rejuvenated him a bit. I don't think he's actually had to coach a whole lot the past 4-5 years. He did this year. We didn't all agree with everything. I think he put himself in a bad spot with one particular player decision.

That said, I hope he stays a few more years. He's not that old.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Yes, was thinking more about NIL. We might all have to pitch in because at least one of the big check writers I didn’t see at a single game this year. That doesn’t mean said person isn’t still involved, but if I was writing a serious check I’d want to come watch my investment perform on occasion.
    I thought Monday night was disappointing. They still had an announced 1,500 but that was a crappy gate. It wasn't even Spring Break. Two of the boxes were empty. Numerous season ticket holders didn't attend.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 03-07-2024, 11:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, if it is NIL money, tell Todd to contact me. I'd front $5k to get Tomiwa back.

I'm sure Joe's inner-circle could easily come up with some coin.

I never want to see a year like this again.
    Yes, was thinking more about NIL. We might all have to pitch in because at least one of the big check writers I didn’t see at a single game this year. That doesn’t mean said person isn’t still involved, but if I was writing a serious check I’d want to come watch my investment perform on occasion.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Well, if it is NIL money, tell Todd to contact me. I'd front $5k to get Tomiwa back.

Those old Italians will buck up! Let's go get the big dawgs!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Sad to say but the reality is it’s probably going to come down to cash. If IUP has it then there’s a chance it happens. If someone else has more, it probably won’t.

Leave a comment:

• IUP1423
    replied
    1. Sure hope that Tiger becomes a Crimson Hawk.
    2. Could it be a Vulcan changes to a hawk???

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Sad to say but the reality is it’s probably going to come down to cash. If IUP has it then there’s a chance it happens. If someone else has more, it probably won’t.
    Salary cap-wise, they have a lot falling off the books. He should have plenty available for the key spots.

I assume you mean scholarship money (not NIL).

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Finding forwards is always a problem. Guards are available but forwards... ugh! Hopefully our rumors are true.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Graduating:

Ethan, KJ, Petteno and Radford

Likely to stay:

Garvin, Dallis, Denzel, Stewart, Sarp, Romero-Sanz

The rest are up in the air.

Joe needs some Dawgs. No more pet projects. If he gets ready-to-play bigs they will bounce back very quickly. No more guards-turned-forwards. He needs legit post players to go with what will be a very strong guard group returning.

Despite getting totally F-ed this year, I do think Brooks will stay.

I look for two transfer forwards and one transfer "Bryce type" in this class (to get started).

If he can find the forwards, it should be a good season.

Finding forwards is always a problem. Guards are available but forwards... ugh! Hopefully our rumors are true.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

A few less horses in the stable. That was really the difference. It’s interesting how this team was better at playing in high scoring games than last year’s team. They had the shooters but losing Tomiwa and never being able to replace him is what killed the 23-34 team’s chances. Obviously losing Dillard didn’t help. We could go on forever about the lineups on the floor and the unfathomable amount of minutes KJ took from Brooks, but it’s water under the bridge now. I thought they played as well as they could in the final two games.

The next few days are going to be interesting. Who’s staying and who’s packing their bags?
    Graduating:

Ethan, KJ, Petteno and Radford

Likely to stay:

Garvin, Dallis, Denzel, Stewart, Sarp, Romero-Sanz

The rest are up in the air.

Joe needs some Dawgs. No more pet projects. If he gets ready-to-play bigs they will bounce back very quickly. No more guards-turned-forwards. He needs legit post players to go with what will be a very strong guard group returning.

Despite getting totally F-ed this year, I do think Brooks will stay.

I look for two transfer forwards and one transfer "Bryce type" in this class (to get started).

If he can find the forwards, it should be a good season.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

They have big, experienced guards. IUP just needed one more of them tonight and probably would have won.
    A few less horses in the stable. That was really the difference. It’s interesting how this team was better at playing in high scoring games than last year’s team. They had the shooters but losing Tomiwa and never being able to replace him is what killed the 23-34 team’s chances. Obviously losing Dillard didn’t help. We could go on forever about the lineups on the floor and the unfathomable amount of minutes KJ took from Brooks, but it’s water under the bridge now. I thought they played as well as they could in the final two games.

The next few days are going to be interesting. Who’s staying and who’s packing their bags?

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Great effort tonight.

I wish Joe played Petteno at the 3 all year. He was fantastic the last two weeks.

KJ, Bryce and Sarp were destroyed all night. Joe needed more than 4 guys but didn't have them.

I assuming Garvin's broken fingers played a part in his lack of production down the stretch. Hopefully he's back and healthy next yer.

Stewart played a solid final two games. I still think he's a guy off the bench player.

Ethan... not much to say but Great way to finish your career. You played your ass off.

Joe...time to trim the fat and hit the recruiting trail.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Millersville beat Gannon already and Ville took out ESU twice in the 2 weeks. Ville just might have the game to take down the vaunted presses.
    They have big, experienced guards. IUP just needed one more of them tonight and probably would have won.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Ethan was incredible. Playing 39:45 against that team and going for 35 points. What a career.

I really wish Petteno had another year. I think Joe will regret looking back how he was used.

Stewart played a great game Monday and I thought he was very good tonight. I think he'll be pretty solid next year paired with Garvin, Denzel and Dallis. That's a strong foursome of guards.

Joe was just a couple guys short tonight and still had a shot with 45 seconds left. That freaking banked in Gannon trey was a killer.

Obviously congratulations to Gannon. That's a very good, deep team. Going from 3-23 to this is unreal. Call it a hunch but I think an All-West final is looming.
    Millersville beat Gannon already and Ville took out ESU twice in the 2 weeks. Ville just might have the game to take down the vaunted presses.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X